jj in garage

colgate

this wreck was unbelievable!

sitting in the stands there were two reactions:

first-complete dead silence as the wreck was happening.

2nd-once the "dawn of realization" hit, the whole place erupted in cheers for johnson wrecking....

i guess i'll never understand why people start hating winners. it's not like they are cheating, or something...the whole hendricks team works really hard to be as good as they are....not that this attitude is anything new-drivers all thru history are consistently boo-ed when they do good. and, this is the only sport i can think of that the fans are like that....

i do like johnson, but i'm not really a FAN of his...i do, however, appreciate all the hard work they put into keeping this team on top....

i just don't get it...

:unsure:

when johnson was wrecking i cheered but my girlfriend was next too me in tears (she is a jj fan) so i had to downplay it...lol.....it was our first race there and it was so much fun seeing the trucks, nationwide cars and cup cars. we will be back in april.

ok...u got me there.... :ph34r:

but, they weren't illegal the last time...close, but not illegal....

still, tho...they are very talented, and work hard to be as good as they are....

i have a lot of respect for them...

my point tho, was how much people hate winners in this sport...it's just really bazaar to me...

I think I can answer this.People dont hate winners. they hate the guys who win so often that thier driver or team seems to not have much of a chance. I go for the 17 my wife the 88 and my brother in law the 48. I cheered because it meant my guy had a much better chance to win and I'm tired of seein the same guys win. I actually said now if the 18 crashes we might have a good race. after watchin the truck and busch race where kyle pretty much made the races as boring as they could get. I wanted another race like dega where for once I didnt know the outcome 1/4 way thru the race. I also know its politically incorrect about watchen nascar for the wrecks but reality is that the wrecks( or possibility of) makes it much more exciting. noone wants anyone to get hurt. but noone wants follow the leader either. Simple as a flat tire to to bring out the yellow breaks up 4 hours of single file.even a small fender bender or wall rub works as well, it doesnt need to be a huge wreck. My brother in law however said it was a very boring race. since his guy wasnt in it I can see his reasoning too. Unlike football or basketball where you have 2 teams and 90% of the fans there are rooting on the home team, raceing has 43 teams and the fans are spread out among them. It's all perspective. I imagine most 48 fans didnt like the race much. I also imagine the #2 fans thought it was a great race. prespective.

hey i am not saying i do not like jj. i am a big fan of what he has done for this sport. all i am saying is i am rooting for the person that has never won the championship before. he has been the bridesmaid five other times and never the bride.

THIS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER SPORT ...... BE IT BASEBALL .FOOTBALL .HOCKEY . BASKETBALL ..WHY IS IT IF POEPLE DONT LIKE A RACE TEAM OR DRIVER AND SAY SO .ITS A CRIME .... IF IT WAS POSIBLE AND IT IS.. IF NASCAR MANDATES IT .THEY CAN DECIDE WHO WINS EVERY WEEK IN SOME SHAPE OR FORM ......THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR THE SPORT .. ............. [ its just really bazaar to me .] .. its not bazaar to me ..its life . would be really boreing on speedzone if every one like one team or liked all teams equaly ...but human nature wont let that happen ..wont it ..............i would love to see tv cover every driver from front to back equaly ,,we all know if they did that ..there would be no time left to see the race ...i am not a fan of jj ..i admire what he and his team have done over the years ..how many drivers and teams would love to do what they have done over the last three years ......id say 43 teams ....... when i raced i had fans who liked me and fans who didnt ..i had no problem with that .....so again i say it isnt bazarr to me ..

ok...i think there was a misunderstanding...i wasn't talking about fans not liking other drivers. i understand that. if we all liked the same one, he'd be out there on the track by himself...

what i meant was: last year i was at tms and people cheered left and right for jj when they announced him, when he made a move and they noted it, etc...this year most of the people booed him when he was introduced, then cheered when he wrecked.

i know people don't like to see the same people winning year after year...i get that, too...i was just making a comment about how fickle some fans can be. i'm probably the biggest kyle busch fan on the planet and win or lose (whining, or not) i'm still sticking beside him...he fell completely out of the chase, but that doesn't change my mind about him. yet, he's dominating nationwide and i'm still behind him there, too.

anyway...it was just my opinion of what i witnessed at tms this year...mostly i was shocked that so many people cheered jimmy's wreck...that's all.

I understood what you meant Ms. modified.

One thing is for sure race fans can be quite passoinate on the subject of certain drivers. Not always positive.

But isn't it hard to become passoinate for a car DEEP in the field.

I think many booing Johnson are simply pulling for the underdog.

ok...i think there was a misunderstanding...i wasn't talking about fans not liking other drivers. i understand that. if we all liked the same one, he'd be out there on the track by himself...

what i meant was: last year i was at tms and people cheered left and right for jj when they announced him, when he made a move and they noted it, etc...this year most of the people booed him when he was introduced, then cheered when he wrecked.

i know people don't like to see the same people winning year after year...i get that, too...i was just making a comment about how fickle some fans can be. i'm probably the biggest kyle busch fan on the planet and win or lose (whining, or not) i'm still sticking beside him...he fell completely out of the chase, but that doesn't change my mind about him. yet, he's dominating nationwide and i'm still behind him there, too.

anyway...it was just my opinion of what i witnessed at tms this year...mostly i was shocked that so many people cheered jimmy's wreck...that's all.

gotcha.. now i know ... i wasnt a fan of dale sr .heck i was not unhappy when he wrecked out at texas in 98..... but when he died .i was standing right along with thousands of others ..holding my 3 fingers up when when `they hit lap three ...... man i will never forget that lump im my throat at that moment ..

[last year i was at tms and people cheered left and right for jj when they announced him, when he made a move and they noted it, etc...this year most of the people booed him when he was introduced, then cheered when he wrecked.

Maybe they don't like sissy boy "riding" in the back at 'Dega! <_< Just sayin'. Personally I don't like his smug attitude either....but that's just me. He may fool a lot of people but being a fairly decent poker player I can read his condescending tone.

my chips are on kurt busch...i've had him picked since the chase started, even in my fantasy race game...i think he may still have enough "hold" cards to pull this thing out...and, it would be great to see him win it!

besides, he's my "backup driver"...yea, yea i know...he's kyle's brother :lol:

The only way you will beat the 48 car is to have the whole team on the same page.JJ and Kanause work together better than any other team PLUS they are always looking for anything that will make a better finish.I was fortunate to be in a neighborhood with some of the best minds in racing although they are dirt duys.The things they thought of were genius.Stuff I would have overlooked.Many times very small items not considered important to many.Their cars always ran up front even in the Nationals where 150+ of the best in the business competed.

The 48 car has 2 great minds thinking independently but together at the same time.No Juevas here.I am gaining great respect for how this team operates.To beat them you have to be perfect.Its teams that win races,not drivers or crew cheifs.Case in point,Kyle Bush would never loose a race if he had a team like JJ.

The only way you will beat the 48 car is to have the whole team on the same page.JJ and Kanause work together better than any other team PLUS they are always looking for anything that will make a better finish.I was fortunate to be in a neighborhood with some of the best minds in racing although they are dirt duys.The things they thought of were genius.Stuff I would have overlooked.Many times very small items not considered important to many.Their cars always ran up front even in the Nationals where 150+ of the best in the business competed.

The 48 car has 2 great minds thinking independently but together at the same time.No Juevas here.I am gaining great respect for how this team operates.To beat them you have to be perfect.Its teams that win races,not drivers or crew cheifs.Case in point,Kyle Bush would never loose a race if he had a team like JJ.

well said, thumper...

and, i believe that jj's biggest thing is awe (hope that's the word i want) at just how well they really are doing. he says over and over (and HAS said all along) that this is still anyone's race, that anything can still happen, and he has repeatedly expressed his surprise at his luck. and, he always thanks his whole crew and acknowledges that he can't do it without them. to me this is humility...and, yea PRIDE! but, he (and knaus and the entire team) have a right to be proud...they work very hard.

as for kyle...i will always stand behind him 110%, but i also know that he's hot-headed and his passion get's misdirected, but i agree with thumper-with a better team, he will be a better driver. i'm just hoping that david rogers will be what he needs to get him where he deserves to be...and bring out the part of his talent that's still to be discovered....

Archived