Pro Truck Purse OCT. 10 THR

Yellow6

Entry fee is still $50. I'm not sure of the purse, but I understand DWIDude has put up som e extra money....

i'm racing for a $10 trophy,,,,,you guys are in the wrong sport to be worrying about money.

The extra purse money provided by DWIDUDE.COM will be divided among the finishing positions. It depends on the number of trucks entered. Since we've been averaging a low Pro Truck count all year, it's really hard to guess how many will show up for the Spectacular to determine the minimum payout.

Also, we don't have any plans to cancel the Spectacular at this time. We may have to implement our weather contingency plan with the high probability of rain on Friday, but we are not planning to cancel the event at this time.

Entry fee is still $50. I'm not sure of the purse, but I understand DWIDude has put up som e extra money....

i'm racing for a $10 trophy,,,,,you guys are in the wrong sport to be worrying about money.

And we're trying to steal that trophy from him! :lol:

I'd like to have a rebuilt motor, a bunch of of money, and a partridge in a pear tree while were asking.... Kinda hard to increase a purse when you can't depend on people to show up and change their mind at the last minute... Should have asked that question weeks ago when they could depend on you and your 4 friends to show up and not loose money on a show with 4 trucks...

I'd like to have a rebuilt motor, a bunch of of money, and a partridge in a pear tree while were asking.... Kinda hard to increase a purse when you can't depend on people to show up and change their mind at the last minute... Should have asked that question weeks ago when they could depend on you and your 4 friends to show up and not loose money on a show with 4 trucks...

Amen brother.

When did we start racing to make money? We must have missed the boat on that one.

DL, Houston used to use this type of purse structure when THR had a fixed one. It took Houston a while to build to where they are now. Did you guys boycot them back then? Bring the trucks and build the class, then the purse will come.

Look at it this way - if the trucks come, the purse increases. It's a no-brainer.

And Amen to Chase's Amen!

Sure, there are alternatives to supporting our local tracks.

For instance, not far from Dallas, not far from Houston and not far from Austin are really nice road courses where you can give your fast toy a run. But they don't hand out purses and they don't even let you really race other cars.

What they do is take your money - lots of it - to run around their course under tightly controlled conditions. It'll set you back between $3,000 (low end) and $50,000 to join and between $100 and $500 a month in dues and so much (it varies) per "on-track session." Even then you get to run under tightly controlled conditions and you will not be allowed to race a field full of similar cars. You won't hear people there say stuff like, "Rubbing is racin," or "Just a racing incident."

And the only points you get are the interest points you pay when you take out a loan just to ride around the track for a few minutes.

Yes, yes, yes. I know the value of using the "power of the press" (in this case Lone Star Speedzone) to pressure tracks into "seeing it my way," but in the end those that do that end up looking like cry babies and the track takes yet another black eye. Not exactly a "win-win" scenario.

If folks only really understood the amount of time, labor and money that track owners/promoters put into providing you and me a place to play, they wouldn't be on here bitching and moaning and threatening a boycott. You'd be calling Mary Ann or Graham or Dan or (fill in the name of your track owner) up on the phone and asking how you can help be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

Amen.

Nick

AND FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT ;)

And Amen to Chase's Amen!

Sure, there are alternatives to supporting our local tracks.

For instance, not far from Dallas, not far from Houston and not far from Austin are really nice road courses where you can give your fast toy a run. But they don't hand out purses and they don't even let you really race other cars.

What they do is take your money - lots of it - to run around their course under tightly controlled conditions. It'll set you back between $3,000 (low end) and $50,000 to join and between $100 and $500 a month in dues and so much (it varies) per "on-track session." Even then you get to run under tightly controlled conditions and you will not be allowed to race a field full of similar cars. You won't hear people there say stuff like, "Rubbing is racin," or "Just a racing incident."

And the only points you get are the interest points you pay when you take out a loan just to ride around the track for a few minutes.

Amen.

Nick

And sometimes there are actual races at those road courses that don't require $50,000 membership fees. There are even full fields of similar cars with racing every bit as intense as the ovals.

And sometimes there are actual races at those road courses that don't require $50,000 membership fees. There are even full fields of similar cars with racing every bit as intense as the ovals.

Well, there you have it. Let's just all head over there then...

Nick

While next door painting in the silence and just listening to the wind blow outside, I had another thought on this.

Instead of not showing up to race, why not take the lead like lilmod and Don Painter have in the sports mods class. It has been low pay and car count all year, but it sounds like they have been busting there humps to get cars here for this last race and see if they would like to keep coming to play with us next year. That is a step in the right direction and the right attitude.

In other words instead of getting on here complaining, get out there and do something. Nobody is stopping you from going out and getting extra sponsors for this last race. They might like it and do it again another time. Even your little bitty cars with little bitty motors with hardly a purse have gone out and gotten more sponsors for some of the races this year including this last one. If a little bitty car with a little bitty motor can do it why can't you boys with big ole trucks and big ole motors go out and do it.

Keep it up and you might not have a place to play someday. Or you might not get added to the schedule next year. To borrow the words from Harvey (I'm a lawyer) Levin, I'm just saying! :blink:

Well, there you have it. Let's just all head over there then...

Nick

Then I won't have anything to watch when I come to THR! :o

I see you got the point.

Nick

I got that point years ago, which is why I posted what I did. It was an agreement post. There's ways to make it happen at all types of tracks with out the crazy membership fees. But, without participation it's not going to happen at all. I just didn't want road racing to get a bad rap. ;)

I was not trying to upset anyone. I have raced for over 20 years and have promoted some races. I don't care if pay is high or low just set. THR does a great job for racing and would do thank them from the Truck class. Last time we talked about this the tread got cut... We and all racers would like to know what the starting pay would be not the percentage of something especilally in a year end BIG EVENT like the spectactular.

Well, if you don't care if it's high or low than just come race.

You made yourself sound like a 3 year old by saying you will stay home and see you next year. And I'm not trying to be a butt either, I'm just telling you how it sounded.

And how can you set a purse when you have so few trucks showing up and you don't know how many will show up. And I know they have had purse structures posted on here in the past with if you bring this many you will get this much. And they still don't show up. I don't know how they are paying now (not my dept.) but I would guess it is a percentage of what you bring in the gate. They more you bring in the more you get paid.

Archived