November 7th Race

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well good job AJ with all your whining you actually got your way....you should be proud of yourself. Now you ruined it for everyone who could be there. This makes the second race to miss points on...remember the rainout....now this one. I should have done this when there was some races I couldnt go to because I went to another race. I will have to take these pointers from you and use them in the future. No points night I won't be racing

This decision was not based on AJ's comments, this decision was based on a PROMISE that Jim made earlier this season about the Grand. I spoke to Jim today and he wants to show support for an ill racer but also wants to keep his word to a promise. Now I know you would want that if he gave you his word. This race was not supposed to be on the Grands date, but due to some unforeseen issues, the race was moved.

well, i,ve been racing all year for points, if last race was for points it surely would have helped me out, now another race for no points, so the guys that are doing well in the points it dosen,t hurt them but the ones busting there tails to race every race don,t get a chance to make any headway in the points, whats the deal. You race for points. you ain,t making no money so give us something for showing up every race, i don,t race for the money, but there should be something for showing up and putting on a show at the end of the year everybody says whared you finish in the points, not whinning but they do matter to me, but what ever the decision i,ll be there , and i do appreciate all the hard work and its been great, queation do we get to drop a race? thank you , waddell Leland 28 super stock.

Good decision Brian. I think the non points is the best. Everyone (mostly) wants to support Aaron AND everyone needs to remember that if we don't race, Jim and Laurie lose $$$. Right now with all the bills coming in, not having a race at all is NOT an option.

Well good job AJ with all your whining you actually got your way....you should be proud of yourself. Now you ruined it for everyone who could be there. This makes the second race to miss points on...remember the rainout....now this one. I should have done this when there was some races I couldnt go to because I went to another race. I will have to take these pointers from you and use them in the future. No points night I won't be racing

Sorry Beckster but your way out of line with your comments. Brian and his crew are doing the best job they can since thrown into these positions. What seems like easy simple changes for you and me can effect lots of peoples plans which may or may not include racing. AJ and Brenda have supported SOS since they reopened racing in 4 different classes and nobody else has done that. Brenda took over taking track pictures and takes a financial bath each and every week but does it because she loves the sport and sharing her pics with everyone. They are helping in alot of areas for Jim and his benefit. These people are an asset to any track!

well, i,ve been racing all year for points, if last race was for points it surely would have helped me out, now another race for no points, so the guys that are doing well in the points it dosen,t hurt them but the ones busting there tails to race every race don,t get a chance to make any headway in the points, whats the deal. You race for points. you ain,t making no money so give us something for showing up every race, i don,t race for the money, but there should be something for showing up and putting on a show at the end of the year everybody says whared you finish in the points, not whinning but they do matter to me, but what ever the decision i,ll be there , and i do appreciate all the hard work and its been great, queation do we get to drop a race? thank you , waddell Leland 28 super stock.

Yes, we will be dropping your worst night.

Oh, I'm sure we will see all the formally disgruntled racers at Arron's benefit buying several plate to support the cause, won't we? Since they posted all the information on here, we know they know when and where. Good for you guys, that's great.

Oh, I'm sure we will see all the formally disgruntled racers at Arron's benefit buying several plate to support the cause, won't we? Since they posted all the information on here, we know they know when and where. Good for you guys, that's great.

Tell you what I will do you one better since we live only 3 hours away. The next race I will give $50 check from Danielsen Motorsports and challenge others that cant attend to dig up for a great cause! Just because you cant attend doesnt mean you cant still help.

This is just a thought but the races leading up til then could be used as another way to help generate those extra dollars for his benefit instead of waiting on the benefit.

Alright guys, Laurie had an idea to solve this points-no points issue for the race on the 14th. She asked what about racing the 6th for points instead? This was it does not conflict with Aaron's benefit not the Texas Grand.

Give some feedback and let me know what you think. We are still trying to come up with a solution for this apparent crisis.

That eleminates people that live three hours away and have jobs.

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but you made a decision, stick to it.

Just trying to please SOME of the masses..........the decision will probably stay the same. Didn't take it as you being a smart a$$, I appreciate the input

Ok here it is, after some long discussions and some serious thought, we have decided that we will run on the 14th as planned, but this race will be a NON POINTS night for all classes. Shady Oaks cares about the racers, those that are ill or injured and those that have had other races planned. We do not want to ruin anybodies season or anyones plans on watching the Texas Grand or any other race that weekend. BUT we do have racers that do not wish to go to those races and want to race at Shady Oaks, so we are going to race, just not for points. The Turkey Classic will be the last points night Shady Oaks has and that will be for double points.

I appreciate all of your comments and concerns, but we did have to make a FINAL decision.

I wish all of you that are going to other races the BEST of luck and those that are going to go watch, please be careful on the roads while traveling there.

Brian

WOW... another NON points night!!! seems like every chance i am able to go racing its a non points night. i understand that people cant make the date for other reasons, but i have had to miss POINTS NIGHTS for other reasons and there was nothing i could do about it. i think we should race it as a points night on whatever date. i may not be able to be there on the 24th... can that date be rescheduled as well or ran as a NON points night?!?!

I think its best that you plan at least 2 more rain outs so whatever your final final decision is it needs to be a points race. The last thing you want is the chasers crying they didnt get their chances of coming back when its said and done!

Imagine this Battleground Speedway in Houston has had 14 rainouts this year! How bad does that suck?

its gotten to blown out for me. i don,t care how we do it, i,m just getting a handle on the dirt thing so i just want to race, what ever you decide is fine, i,ll be there, i,m having to much fun to let it spoil my day, make it green see you sat waddy

I'd say your best options are to either

A) Run it on the 14th as a non points night - because it isn't the racers fault that the 7th is getting rescheduled; therefor, they shouldn't be punished points wise for not being able to show up on a night that hasn't been scheduled till now.

B) Keep it on the 7th as is and encourage everyone to stop by the benifit before going to the track.

or

C) Cancel that race all together, and let everyone just lay it all out on the line on the double points night.

You can't please all the people all the time. Either way you go you are going to end up with people B1tchin and Moanin.

I say do what is best for the track, and we will all suck it up and deal with it.

OK this has gotten way out of hand people. I know im the new guy at this track, but please guys, there is way too much bickering on here. It is not an easy task to run a racetrack, and put a show on for the great fans of Shady Oaks. But you put into the mix of having a family member, the guy who's dream we are keeping alive, that you are trying to get well and get help for, plus scheduling, and employees, payout, and so much more each and every race week. And now we have smart elics and cry babies in the mix too. Quit whining, and being so self centered. You are not going through the things like Laurie, and Brian are. They are doing the best that they can, and personally, I think they are doing a fine job. So before the next one whines, complains, or makes another smart a$$ remark, think about it and put yourself in their shoes. They got enough to plan for and worry about without every Joe Blow putting their two cents worth in. Thank you and have a nice day.

Racers are a special breed, everyone has to remember that. If it was easy everyone else would be doing it and we would be doing something else. Drivers can get very emotional about how their sport is handled and how it effects them. Some call that greed but I call it pation for the sport. There is not alot of candy asses in racing! Which means lots of hard heads and stuburn folks. I think when you mix it all together you get dirt track racing at its best no matter where it is. So because someones priorities dont match another ones doesnt make him any less of a driver or person just simply different. On several occassions on this thread people were asked by management what they thought about this and what they thought about that. That is why you have a wide variety of answers and comments because a question was asked like it or not everyones priorities are not the same!

um, i do have a small suggestion....since aron's benefit is just that: a benefit to raise money and it's not a race, why don't those of you that want to race simply send ur donation to the hudgeons' and go racing? that way you get to do both...and, i know aron and family will appreciate the donation, and would still want everyone to race, if possible....

just an idea... ;)

I would just like to know one way or the other (and soon if possible). I am registered to run a half marathon on Nov 15 in San Antonio and we planned to make a vacation weekend out of it. I plan EVERYTHING around GWs racing and work schedule. Luckily I hadn't booked a hotel yet. So just wanna know if it's not for points so I can go ahead and book one...or if it is for points so we can plan on goin racing then driving to SA so I can run 13 miles on very little sleep that next morning :)

Anna Hessong

I plan EVERYTHING around GWs racing and work schedule.

I got to believe most of the drivers hear this from their better half's alot. I know we ask our families to work and live around our racing and its easy to take it foregranted they have nothing going on or can change their plans at the drop of a dime. This kind of makes my point how valuable a schedule is and even the smallest of changes can open a big can of worms.

I plan EVERYTHING around GWs racing and work schedule.

I got to believe most of the drivers hear this from their better half's alot. I know we ask our families to work and live around our racing and its easy to take it foregranted they have nothing going on or can change their plans at the drop of a dime. This kind of makes my point how valuable a schedule is and even the smallest of changes can open a big can of worms.

I know my wife would 2nd that!

Archived