November 7th Race

After hearing about the benefit for Aaron Hudgeons on November 7th, I decided to change our race schedule a bit. We were scheduled to race on Nov. 7, the same day as the benefit. I know there are a lot of racers and fans that would love to attend this benefit as well as myself. So I am now changing the race from the 7th to the 14th. The classes for that night are as follows:

Late Models, Modifieds, Limited Mods, Super Stocks, Mini Stocks, Pure Stocks.

If there is ANYTHING anybody knows of that the Hudgeons family may need, we here at Shady Oaks are willing to assist!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in my opinion if it boils down to stomping on the texas grand or arron, I chose texas grand. After all he only has one life and the texas grand is yearly, not to mention the rules there dont allow our limiteds to run. Good call Brian!

Brenda,

I knew about the Grand and I had to make a choice. I typically don't like stepping on other tracks toes & such, but like LMR21 stated this is for Aaron and he is good friend and I just couldn't take the Grand over him.

Brenda I will call you later as soon as I get a chance. :ph34r:

I like benefits and all but you need to stick to a schedule in my opinion. Lots of effort goes into scheduling around a schedule to go on vacations or big races at other track whatever. The schedule is way too long in my opinion as well Nov. 28th thats crazy. I love racing but I love consistancy just as much!

I agree, the season is to long. If you want to help aaron by not running that date, then drop that date. I know for a fact Jim did not want to step over the grand...but oh well, your decision not mine..... I have already paid my entry for the grand...so that is where I am going. Honestly...I am not sure I care anymore...AJ

Not trying to stir the pot but on my calender in my phone I have the "Grand" the 7th and SOS racing the 14th. Now I put all this in way back earlier in the year, either I had it wrong or possibly when it was changed from HRP to Gator it was moved to a different date. I am thinking i got this info from a early HRP schedule. Either way we will be in Cuero supporting Aaron's fight.

Not trying to stir the pot but on my calender in my phone I have the "Grand" the 7th and SOS racing the 14th. Now I put all this in way back earlier in the year, either I had it wrong or possibly when it was changed from HRP to Gator it was moved to a different date. I am thinking i got this info from a early HRP schedule. Either way we will be in Cuero supporting Aaron's fight.

lol..I think i still have the email when i told you then you had the wrong date...HRP sent out a schedule that was wrong...then sent another one out with the right day...oh well...stir away...I just feel bad for Jim...(and aaron)

Ok guys the way I see it is alot of people are re-arranging their schedule so that there is a benefit for Jim so he can get good medical help and to get back to his track to enjoy the life of racing and to assist his family in continuing to survive, which is a great thing, but when a scheduled is changed for Arron's benefit to assist in medical bills and so his family can keep on living even when he is not, and he will not return to life of racing, what a petty thing to grip about. I will continue to support our local racers and tracks. So why is it ok for one and not the other? Just maybe Shady Oaks would like to extend their well wishes by at least showing their support by rearranging the schedule.

Please be aware nobody is saying this benefit isnt important! We are stating something this important could have been handled by simply cancelling the race planned not moving it to the following week. I personally dont know Aaron but just from this year's reaction from the racing family in this area he is obviously a special person! With this season being so long cancelling a date shouldnt of hurt anything. Nonetheless our plans of attending the Tx Grand are now in jepardy. This is a family reunion for us and special annual race we have attended every year. We must decide like others if we can attend SOS new race date. Earlier this year we found out that Jim ran in last years Tx Grand and was going to again this year! He had plans of giving us SOS stickers so we could advertise and represent the track with our new car we just picked up Saturday! So yes you are right plans do change and life goes on simply dissappointed like others we cant be a two places at once!

P.S. Oct 31 was always a race date on the schedule now its a special Halloween Havoc Benefit for Jim race. No change in schedule though.

Did a little research...

11/7/09 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.

VFW Hall

Cuero, TX

BBQ Chicken Plates $8 each

Live and Silent Auction

Raffle Tickets

Bake Sale

Music and Beer

So..exactly why am I being forced to give up on 2 championships (supers and minis)? (can not drop last races at sos) it starts at 11 am....raced start plenty late enough for everyone to make both shows.....now this does not make any sense...AJ

Oh please don't be so dramatic AJ no one is forcing you to do anything. It is your choice to do whatever you want to do don't act like the choice is being taking away from you. Why should SOS drop a date to accommodate a few people who can't be there on Nov 14th. There are races that you can make and some you can't because there is somewhere else you want to be at so why would this be any different? What if the benefit was scheduled on Nov 14th instead of Nov 7th? What would you do then....you would go to The Grand has you have planned to do anyway...correct?

Well in my opinion if it boils down to stomping on the texas grand or arron, I chose texas grand. After all he only has one life and the texas grand is yearly, not to mention the rules there dont allow our limiteds to run. Good call Brian!

Well said lmr21 thanks for your support .I don't think arron would like anyone to miss their opportunity to race , this benefit was arranged by a couple of special friends of arron's who is not in anyway around racing to know any RACING schedules.Me personally i could care less about anything other than trying to help out a person in need of trying to raise money for medical expenses.Also this is opening day of deer season and my family spends thousands $$$$ for this special occasion for several families to enjoy this opening week of deer season.Oh well keep walking bambi and rudolph you can enjoy your life another week or so i have to support a person in need fighting for his life and hopefully he can survive this battle and race again...

Beckster...I guess you didnt read the entire post. The schedule was setup like 9 months ago...and from that I planned my year....I have supported SOS all year. They decided to change dates now...that forces me to miss the date...I did not ask them to change the schedule like you stated. On the benefit, the times allow people to do both....so..I dont see why there is a need to step on another tracks date...now can you understand that? Whatever...I am done with this...I honestly dont care anymore...My other main concern is that I knew for a fact that Jim did not want to step on this date...can you understand that? holy cow...but like I said...I stated my concerns....I will not reply to this again. (your welcome..lol) AJ

Well canceling the race is not an option here. I am all ears to hear of a way to make all parties happy. I know this is not possible, but unlike some of the tracks out there, we do care about who and what is missed. I will say this, we are about to sit down and do our 2010 schedule as well as our winter season schedule and we are going to stick to that next year. I tried to do what I thought was best for the racers, fans & such.

I even thought about making this a NON- Points night, but thats not fair to those who choose not to attend another race out of town.

Any GOOD suggestions are welcome, we are all ears...

Well canceling the race is not an option here. I am all ears to hear of a way to make all parties happy. I know this is not possible, but unlike some of the tracks out there, we do care about who and what is missed. I will say this, we are about to sit down and do our 2010 schedule as well as our winter season schedule and we are going to stick to that next year. I tried to do what I thought was best for the racers, fans & such.

I even thought about making this a NON- Points night, but thats not fair to those who choose not to attend another race out of town.

Any GOOD suggestions are welcome, we are all ears...

I only have a enuff money to race at one track, and that will be Shady Oaks Speedway. Whatever the date is I will try to be there. My thoughts and prayers go out to Aaron and his family. Same to Jim and Laurie.

Are the remaining nights point nights? I don't have a dog in this hunt but would like to offer an opinion. Most tracks are done with thier point season in September. After that they are hosting "big" shows and many teams plan on these. Changing your schedule during this affetcts other teams. We are planning on running down ther again. The track can have non point nights if they choose. This way if someone misses, they haven't lost anything.

I know we plan our post season events based on pre planned schedules. They only change due to weather. Most post season races involve alot of traveling for many teams.

Ok here it is, after some long discussions and some serious thought, we have decided that we will run on the 14th as planned, but this race will be a NON POINTS night for all classes. Shady Oaks cares about the racers, those that are ill or injured and those that have had other races planned. We do not want to ruin anybodies season or anyones plans on watching the Texas Grand or any other race that weekend. BUT we do have racers that do not wish to go to those races and want to race at Shady Oaks, so we are going to race, just not for points. The Turkey Classic will be the last points night Shady Oaks has and that will be for double points.

I appreciate all of your comments and concerns, but we did have to make a FINAL decision.

I wish all of you that are going to other races the BEST of luck and those that are going to go watch, please be careful on the roads while traveling there.

Brian

Well good job AJ with all your whining you actually got your way....you should be proud of yourself. Now you ruined it for everyone who could be there. This makes the second race to miss points on...remember the rainout....now this one. I should have done this when there was some races I couldnt go to because I went to another race. I will have to take these pointers from you and use them in the future. No points night I won't be racing

Archived