An open letter to our critics

SVCMNGR1

Jason, I am really glad to finally to get to put a face to what I have been reading on TSZ. Neither you or I are shy about voicing our opinions....I would enjoy sharing some conversation with you in person.....just my opinion !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno why people feel like you have to go after this series.... Maybe its the fact that none of these guys err. very few are drivers from CC...Maybe its because they are close to Romco cars and minimizes the impact of that series at CC since they have no class like that there.... When was the last time they had a class similar to TSRS/LM? I was just thinking today that if we went back and looked at all of the posts in the regular section that there are more posts about TSRS than any other series including ROMCO. We all know what side of the fence everyone is on or do we? Or is it that we like to find someone to argue with for the sake of arguing. Some have only seen one race in person (this year first for the series at that track with 20+ cars). On that note how often do you see races run cleanly with that number of cars with less cautions. I am willing to assume that ROMCO has nearly as many cautions when they have that many cars out there. I am also willing to bet even if it (TSRS) went caution free for the whole race people would find something to argue about... Quit living in the past and get over with it the DRIVERS CHOOSE WHERE THEY WANT TO RUN if Maryann didnt start the series some would have less places to run. Maybe there is another reason that everyone is overlooking but doesnt want to mention. Could it be she catches this much flak because she is a woman in a majority male sport?

Jason,

What happened to you to make you so bitter towards TSRS? It's personally not my favorite series either, but, it puts racers on the track, doing what they love, it puts people in the stands, and if those people bring just one new person to the race and the get hooked, as I did, then they will return to the track and maybe they will bring one new person and so on, and so on...the first race I went to was a ROMCO race and now if ROMCO isn't racing that week, I go to the track and support the local racers? Isn't the goal, to get more fans to the track? Maybe TSRS isn't perfect, what series is, they all have there ups and downs, at least they bring racers, their crews, thier familys and fans to the track and they all pay to get in, and buy food and drinks from the concession stand, which means more money for the track. Give TSRS a chance, they are a new series and I'm sure they will work out any problems you seem to think they have. I'm all for more cars on the track and more fans in the stands......by the way I can't wait until the 17th for the ROMCO race in Corpus, and I'll be there from qualifing until the last car is off the track, not just for the ROMCO race, to support your local racers!

Ok, Everyone needs to stop the bickering Jerry Springer would be Laughin this up right now.

We are all sitting here " in the pits " complaining about him and her. I thinik that everyone is intitled to their view, But please constructive views... I don't see bashing, worse yet i see A high school Cafe Fight.. Who really hit who first here..... Everyone in this sport has a lot to offer and a lot at stake... We all loose our cool... but its those who try to make things better that are really rewarded. I was hooked on this sport at an early age... One of the kids that got to enjoy a Ride with my fav driver.. He was awesome in my eyes.. Right up there with superman... when he spun or wrecked my heart stopped.. i kept saying He's ok..Really ok....

Ok.. enough of the flashback sorry...

We have people around us that have dedicated pretty close to their lives to this sport which we all enjoy.. and its a die'n breed... so if you love it that much Please be constructive and work together to make it better!!!! not break it...

I have heard may ask higher payouts, for more laps. Well we need to commit our parts too.. what are you going to do to help Brian and Mary Ann and all those other's out there that put their best foot forward.

If you want to make it better We can make it better. Only attitudes we really need.. not the #%#$@%$%$% stuff thats going on right now.

Your's truely..

Jason,

As a local CC driver i appreciate your continued loyal support.

Please remember back to when Romco and Tams ran there first races at CC it was a demo derby and they have since gotten better.

I have been following a long with all these posts since TSRS started and i remember SAS cancelling there super street stock class and a lot of THR drivers being upset with track management. So Mary Anne took advantage of that situation, and good for her.

I think THR has made improvements and will rebound from all of it. I don't think that not scheduling TSRS was the wrong choice but thats my opinion. I am a race car driver not an owner or promoter. I'm sure Owen, Brian and Mike would agree that it's not an easy job. It may seem easy from the grand stands but it's not.

So thats part of my take on the whole thing. Thanks again for your local support see you on Saturday night.

Hey just out of curiousity, when TSRS went to CC, hadn't they just put sealer on teh track or is that just a rumor

cause I know that it was slick the last time I drove on that track, and if they added sealer to the track that would have made it harder for side by side racing.....

maybe they could put some traction stuff on the track before we come there and race in two weeks...I know when Houston added that stuff to the outside of their track it helped alot, most cars were only 2-3 tenths off their fast time running in the high groove.. pretty impressive

Bar2248 - We did put a new sealer on the track before the season. It worked great, the track is faster than it has been in years and there is no need for traction compound. 12 TAMS cars broke the track record on the first night of racing. The Thunder and Super Streets both broke the track records for their class, the new sealer is not a problem. Look for two wide racing all season.

My comments are just on the sealer question, I do not want to get in the middle of all the rest of this. Have a great day.

We do have test and tune this Friday night and we race Saturday.

Some of you guys ask why I am bitter. I took 2 friends to the race who had never seen any kind of racing before. They think racing is a BIG joke now. I'm gonna have to talk them into going to see the ROMCO race coming up so they can hopefully see the light. Anyways guys I really do not mind arguing. If you haven't figured that out yet. lol All I did was ask her a question. She didn't answer and I called it out. Then you Houston guys got on here. I know that smog is bad but c'mon.

I would like to say some positive things though.

abrungot - man you got some great ideas and I really like how everything you say is for the better.

Owen - same with you and I can't wait for the next ROMCO race! Don't superstreets start points this weekend?

Yeah Jason, the super streets start points this weekend and we have the Allison Legacy guys coming to town. Some new faces will start popping up in the Super streets pretty soon, I here Kyle Carter will be racing this weekend, I talked to Tommy W. and he should have his car out pretty quick and Steven Doty is in the process of putting something together I here. Alot of new cars it should be exciting.

Come find me at the races this weekend and tell your two friends next time TSRS is in town I will buy their tickets to enjoy the races. Thanks

Archived