Dale Jr spins on purpose

Jason

He did a good move by spinning out on purpose, but NASCAR shouldn't have allowed it. I remember a race a few years back where Ricky Craven purposely brought out a caution, and was penalized. I think it was at Darlington. He had a flat and didn't want to go a lap down...just my 02 cents worth... Tim

Chuck -

I totally agree. I didn't say it about ALL media & the people behind it. I didn't say it to offend anyone and I'm sure there are honest people out there in the media. It's like every sport, every job, every anything that a number of people enjoy, -- politics & a little stretch of the truth sometimes.

"Every race he gets his own mysterious debris caution."

lets hear some examples from this year please

hell if nascar ALWAYS gives him a debris caution when he needs one, then why didn't nascar throw the caution the instant he came on the radio and said he might have a tire going down ? why didn't they throw debris cautions at Vegas right before he was about to get lapped early on ?

jealousy or whatever it is that causes people to make these statements sure makes for some easy debates to win, thanks

Jason, what style of Dale Jr. cap do ya want....I'll get you one from TMS.

Here is the homework for the next 4 races......start with Dales starting position then follow up with finishing position..We must now count yellow flags(how many yellows)2nd- did Dale benifit from any of them directly. as you add and subtract keep thinking, did it appear that a yellow flag was staged ie; debris, animals thrown onto track by officials, die hard Jr fan running naked thru the infield etc.

as you watch the race from the lazy-boy keep your eye on the officials if the camera goes in for a close-up...( you will have to read lips, body language etc.) we will all have to see if a scheme is being cooked up. only time will tell.

He is THE most popular driver, fans of other drivers may wish to think the reason their drivers are finishing badly is because of some favors thrown Dale Jr's way. These may be the same fans who condone the clowns out there trying to take another driver out, or pulling a days of thunder.. lets not be distracted by what some may think is happening as to miss the little boy clowns on the track acting like fools.....someone is going to get hurt.

I don't think Dale spinning on purpose was right....to me it was cheating in a way.. (he did something with/to his car to better himself)

Lets all just enjoy the sport, root for our favorite driver, and allow the common love of the sport to keep this message board hopping.

Not meant to insult, but an opinion -- my opinion

TomH

p.s. yes I am a Dale Jr fan. and a fan of good close racing.

If you REALLY don't think that NASCAR does things to help Junior, then you're truly ignorant of what's going on...the points changes....the yellow caution flags for "phantom" debris on the track...

Way to go Chuckie!!!!!!! I agree NA$CAR has it's new Jesus, if you can't see that then perhaps you need to remove the blinders. I guarantee you, if someone is leading the golden boy in the final ten "whatever" races, you will see guys getting fined and docked points for B/S infractions in tech and on the track. MARK MY WORDS!

And spinning yourself to save is just as much B/S as it is on any short track. You don'tsee anyone else pulling stunts like that, because they know it wouldn't fly past NA$CAR. That's as bad as getting a flat and stopping on track just to get a caution. That you see all the time on short tracks and yet some of you SAME people will get on here or whowon and whine about some driver getting away with it. Sounds quite hypocritical to me!!!!

NA$CAR's new points system; Golden boy finishes 35th, he gets 35 points everyone else gets zero. He finishes first, he gets one point, eveyone else gets zero. :o:lol:;)

How about we just forget about the rest of the season and give Jr. the cash and prizes now? You guys crack me up. Maybe y'all could let us in on who shot Kennedy or the real truth about UFO's? Guess I'm ignorant too.

Hey how about all of you crying over this topic out jr spinning out on purpose go down to your local mcdonald's and get your a self a waaaburger and some french cries. Hey maybe Junior is the one on the grassy knoll and also was the one the bloody glove belongs to. Someone tell OJ the search is over we found the real killers. For the last time give it a rest. Like I said yesterday it happend, he admitted it, he got away with it.

For those who think this isn't a rule?

Section 12-4 (N) in the NASCAR Nextel Cup rulebook prohibits such action and lists what type of action is to be taken. It also states Earnhardt could be fined, lose championship points and lose his finishing position in the race.

I guess it wasn't included in HIS rulesbook.

Yeah. I bet it hurt them pretty bad.

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/...alty/index.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. was penalized with a loss of 25 championship driver points, a $10,000 fine and probation until June 1 for his actions during Sunday's NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway, NASCAR officials announced Wednesday.

The penalty also will extend to the team as Dale Earnhardt Inc. will lose 25 championship owner points for the actions of its driver.

Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 8 Chevrolet, was penalized for intentionally causing a caution condition during the race and as a result was in violation of Section 12-4-A (Actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4-N (Any driver who, in the judgment of NASCAR officials, intentionally causes or attempts to cause a caution condition by stopping or spinning out or any other action) of the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Rule Book.

"The driver of the No. 8 car was quite vocal in admitting he intentionally spun out his car to cause a caution condition on the track, which is clearly prohibited in the NASCAR Rule Book," NASCAR President Mike Helton said.

" We have several rules in our Rule Book that have been in place for quite some time to prevent someone from altering the outcome of an event. This was a clear-cut case of that. Actions such as this will not be tolerated. We will always react to protect the integrity of our sport."

Earnhardt Jr.'s championship points total will be adjusted to 832 points as a result of the penalty, but he will still maintain third in the championship standings. DEI also will be adjusted to 832 points with the 25-point penalty and remain third in the owners' championship standings.

GOES TO SHOW YOU WHEN YOU GO AGAINST THE LAWS, YOU WILL HAVE TO BE FINED. NEXT TIME HE NEEDS TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT, I AS WELL AS OTHERS THOUGHT IT WAS THE TIRE ISSUE. BUT ANYONE WHO BRAGS ABOUT DOING SOMETHING WRONG NEED TO BE PUNISHED. AND I'M A JR FAN TILL THE END OF TIME. HONEST IS HONEST... WE ALL PUSH THE ENVELOPE BUT, HAVE TO PAY WHEN ITS GETS TOO CLOSE. HE WAS CLOSE AND THEN BRAGGED.. GOOD JOB NASCAR .FINE HIM ,FINE HIM.

WELL ALL OF YOU JR BASHERS HAPPY??????????????????

For me, it's not all about us "Junior bashers" being happy, Mr. Gundog..

Whether it's Junior, or my guy (Matt Kenseth), or ANY OTHER driver..I'm glad that THE OFFENDING DRIVER was PENALIZED the appropriate amount of points (note: it's not like the 10-grand is gonna hurt DEI, right?)... :lol::lol:

you gotta close this or something, jr. finally got what he deserved, somewhat, and all its going to turn into like it is already is a pissing contest between people that have their [edited out by Nick Holt, 34/1/04] and people that want to see everything be equal for everybody.

all my statement was that every time jr stumps his toe some people jum on the soap box and drive him into the ground. all of these guys make mistakes,but it allways seem to me that jr gets more air time on here than anybody. just part of the deal i guess. it wasnt but a few years ago, that mr gordon (jeff) was the guy that everybody loved to hate. whos next?

Archived