With Hope and Determination

“Every time a race car driver gets in his car, he/she can expect at least minimal injury – at worst, death. The excitement of beating that overrides all of that concern.

You Shady Oaks drivers have come to know me as one of the hardest working and caring race track promoters you’ve ever known. My plans for Shady Oaks Speedway will continue through me or vicariously through me to become the most well-run facility you’ve ever been to.

The Lord found Shady Oaks for our family and brought us here for that reason. We’ve met so many good people since our arrival. I cannot express our gratitude enough for that!

The extent of my injuries, at this point, is serious enough to not know my future. But I do know, and you know, that I fight for everything I do and will continue to fight to survive. The extent of my injuries up to this point includes two broken shoulders, a broken back and a very bruised spinal cord – all of which have caused paralysis from the neck - down. I’m going on a ventilator in order to breathe.

I have hope, as I have some feeling in my lower extremities. With this hope, I will fight for every inch of ground, to recover and come back as your Shady Oaks promoter.

Please do not give up on Shady Oaks Speedway, as the people in place care as much as I, for the well-being of Shady Oaks. Shady Oaks is not just a race track, it’s a way of life.

I thank each and every one of you for your support up to now and in the future.

I will be back, but it might take a while. I’ve never loved anything more than my family and the life we’ve begun at Shady Oaks Speedway.”

With Hope and Determination,

Jim Scribellito

Promoter

jim...

it was so sad to see shady oaks go downhill like it did before you got ahold of it. i lived in cuero for a long time and went to the track almost every saturday night...until it got so bad that i just couldn't do it anymore.

thanks a ton for what you have done with it!!

God-speed in your recovery...stay strong...and, our prayers to you and your family...

God Bless you Jim. Our family has constantly been thinking of you. We are praying for you each day along with a tremendous number of folks who consider you part of their extended family. You've made a major positive impact on so many people in such a short time, which is so evident with every statment we read. I'm honored to know you, blessed to have forged a friendship with you, and I look forward to the friendship for many years to come.

Your Friend,

Monty Chamberlain and the Chamberlain Family

our thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.me and my brother double d racing really have had fun at the track an look forward to coming back . i always brag about the first class track you run . and will always tell anybody about the track you will still run ,keep your head held high the track will go far.. rick schroat san antonio tx [second home any dirt track i can get to !!]

YES THATS ONE THING JIM HAS GOING FOR HIM IS A POSSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE!! BUT YOU SHOULD EXPECT IT FROM A RACE TRACK OWNER AND PROMOTOR AND EVERY DRIVERS FRIEND!!!! HE SHOULD BE HEARING OR GETTING ALL THE MENTAL PRAYERS FROM ALL OF US BY NOW!!! IM SURE HE KNOWS WHAT WE ARE UP TO JUST FOR HIM.....

HE WILL PULL THROUGH THIS AND NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim and family, Ya'll have done such an amazing job with the track! Your passion is evident. If you put 1/2 that passion into recovery there is not a doubt in my mind that you will be back up in the stands announcing in no time!

If at any time there is anything I can do to help you just say the word!

You will continue to be in my prayers!

I will be going to see Jim tomorrow (Thursday) and if there is any of you that have get well cards or anything for Jim, I would be more than happy to take it up there. If you have anything, take it to MIcky's shop and I will go by there and pick it up.

May your recovery be speedy and complete. As well as being a big racing fan I am also a big hockey fan.Last year one of our ex-players was in a serious lawn mower accident resulting in severe burns to 70% of his body. This man has incredible family and friend support which his wife has said helped speed up his recovery.You seem to have similar support so in that area the prognosis is good. I guess what I am trying to say here is there will be some trying times ahead and patience will be required to get through them.But you can take strength and comfort from the outpouring genuine support from all the people you have met in your short time in Texas.Stay strong and you will get through this.

Jim,

Although I don't know you personally, I do know what it takes to keep a track going and earn the respect of your drivers and fans. You obviously have done both. I wish you a speedy, complete recovery and know that the your Texas racing family is behind you all the way.

Any word on how he is doing? Thanks

He is in high spirits and is SOOOOO ready to come back home to SOS. He has feeling in his legs all the way up to his thighs as well as in his arms down to his wrists. He is slowly recovery from this. It is uncertain how long this will take or how much damage to the spine there is. Just keep him in your thoughts & prayers.

Archived