Thunderhill Raceway

Truck99

It seems that ever year about this time, the rumors start to fly about THR not being around next year, the lease is up, and whatever else gets thrown around.

It's got to be tough for someone like Mary Ann to run a track year in and year out while having to deal with that every year. The simple fact is that prospective new car owners/buyers/racers are not likely to build a car for a track if they think the track won't be around the following year.

Mary Ann made one thing very clear last night at the driver's meeting - she plans to be open in 2010. That's great news, and those of us who enjoy racing at this fine facility appreciate her getting this word out. She also said that she has been given an option for another 3-year lease renewal...more great news.

Fellow racers, if we want to continue racing at Thunderhill raceway in the long term future, we have to continue supporting the track and getting the POSITIVE word out. The potential is definately there for many more good years of racing in Kyle. Let's do our part to make that happen.

Sorry for the soap box, but we need to start getting more positive stuff in the open than negative.

See all of you in a few weeks.

Back when Mary Ann started the Texas Super Racing Series there was a lot of people saying it wouldn't work. Look at the series now. Mary Ann has done a hell of a lot for racing in Texas and has done a lot to keep THR going. I know I'll have a place to race next year and probably for the next few years. Thanks Mary Ann for being a good friend and thanks for all you have done and will continue to do for racing.

Mary Ann made one thing very clear last night at the driver's meeting - she plans to be open in 2010.

She also said that she has been given an option for another 3-year lease renewal...

What terrible news. For the poor folks that wrestle with racing addictions, this is nothing short of ENABLING behavior.

;)

Jay

That is indeed great news from Mary Ann!

We are proud to be providing THR with a server for no charge - along with the software that Debbie utilizes so well. And we will continue to do so.

While we our level best to keep the site as bash free as reasonably possible, there are always subjects, issues, concerns that surface that need to be discussed in a positive, polite manner. We will continue to provide this service to the Central Texas racing community.

Nick

Thanks Mary Ann for putting that fire out and we all have a great time at your play ground I know I do and you can't beat the people at the track in most sports competetors don't get along and sure don't talk to one another but it's not like that at Thunderhill we all seem to get along and we all get together after the races and party together and talk about the race and it's just plain FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P;)

i'm only gonna say two things on this matter-

1) when you hear a rumor,,,,, question the source.

2)if you hear a rumor ,,,,,question the source.

i'm sure the 'source' was going off a rumor that he heard from another 'source'....... (thanX guys for ur support) stay dirty.

thanX Maryann and H.E. ...

maryann has more love for this sport than just about anybody i've ever seen. the emotion in her voice last night was more than proof enuff for me that she is in it for the right reasons and will and has sacrificed alot to keep this going.

(side note)- i think H.E. wants a sport mod.

(another side note)- hearsay is for p-ssies.

i'm only gonna say two things on this matter-

1) when you hear a rumor,,,,, question the source.

2)if you hear a rumor ,,,,,question the source.

i'm sure the 'source' was going off a rumor that he heard from another 'source'....... (thanX guys for ur support) stay dirty.

thanX Maryann and H.E. ...

maryann has more love for this sport than just about anybody i've ever seen. the emotion in her voice last night was more than proof enuff for me that she is in it for the right reasons and will and has sacrificed alot to keep this going.

(side note)- i think H.E. wants a sport mod.

(another side note)- hearsay is for p-ssies.

What He Said! ;)

way to go MA, I was headed that direction a few weeks ago on another thread saying we need to appreciate what we have and quit looking backwards. So, the talk yesterday was a welcome one indeed. We, as the racing community need to start working towards a strong finish in 09 and really prepare for 2010. I for one appreciate knowing my car owner will have a place to take his car to race and hopefully I will continue to get to be involved with the track too.. keep up the great work Bosslady and Hulk, I stand behind you all the way..