Indy 400

marvinmcgee

Yeah Dog, even I gotta admit it was kind of boring. I once stated on an Indy Car forum racing these street type courses is kind of like racing BB's through a soda straw. Man, did I ever catch hell for THAT remark, but true I think for the most part, nevertheless.

Tony Kanaan provided us all with a very scary "fire in the cockpit" few moments. He reported last night on his site he is OK. Just minor burns on his hands and chin, and the loss of his eye lashes. Thank goodness.

Here is your -------->

(Oophs ......... as Michael Waltrip once said in one of his NAPA commercials ............. I'M AT THE WRONG THREAD (TRACK)! Oh well, what the heck, I'll just leave it up here.)

I watched a few laps, then went out and pulled some weeds, watched a few more, then pulled a few more weeds, then a few more laps, then fixed a vacuum, then a few more laps and then started taping off a paint project.

My opinion only here, but I think it comes down to this. The shape and dimensions of Indy are simply not conducive to racing NASCAR style cars. I remember that being a knock on the old Ontario Motor Speedway in California, which was never successful as a race track, and only lasted about 10 years. Ontario was a copy of Indy on the track layout.

And I think it is worse with the COT cars. They are too aero sensitive when they get up under someone.

If you remember back to May, they did not have a whole abundance of passing in the 500, either.

The best part was the kid batteling with Juan/Pablo and not giving an inch.You have to admit though the Nascar Trucks was a heck of a battle from halfway to the end.Those truck drivers really RACE!!!!!

By far the best racing from NASCAR is the Trucks! They had 4-5 trucks battling for the lead and letting it ALL hang out! Too bad the "Premier" series can't match the "Third tier" series for excitement! If it could, their problems would be solved!!

Since ARCA cars are hand me down cup cars of yesterday, and Nascar has not had "stock cars" since the early 80's, how can ARCA be real cars? Havent seen good NASCAR stock cars since DW and the dew crew went after the Intimidator followed by awesome Bill in "the Bird". Those were real cars and real racin. Havent seen nuttin like it since. :(

Archived