Will Obama make GM get out of NASCAR?

would it really matter? after all nascar is pretty much spec racing. the loss of money would be huge but I think racing would go on. if GM got pulled the government would step in and bail out any GM teams anyway.

Wow,next thing you know,the faces of Washington and all the other founding fathers of this nation,will be removed from our currency because they represent the wrong ideals.Life,Liberty,and the FREEDOM to pursue happiness.

The FREEDOM to start,succeed,and then fail,at buisness.

Just remember GM built the cars,trucks,and SUV's that me and you wanted.If not for co-operating with our government's requests in the first place,they would be a vibrant and profitting company.When the gas went through the roof,they would have been able to shift gears,profitably,and fullfilled our gas mizer needs.Just look at Ford's European cars that they can't sell in this country because of government controls.

The more government grows,in order to make our lives easier,the harder our lives will become.

So now that Washington will have control over GM, then that means that all of those hot checks the government wrote to GM for all of the military Hummers and Suburbans is now Washingtons problem? :lol::lol:

Back in 1990 the government took control of the Mustang Ranch in Nevada. They were required by law to continue running it. They couldn't make it work. Those Yahoos cant make money running a whore house and selling whiskey. What makes them think they can run GM?

Back in 1990 the government took control of the Mustang Ranch in Nevada. They were required by law to continue running it. They couldn't make it work. Those Yahoos cant make money running a whore house and selling whiskey. What makes them think they can run GM?

Don’t forget about social security and all the other fine things they dont do very effective. While the little guy works to bail out others so they can have more time off and more benefits we done enjoy ourselves. :o

there's a great country song that really makes you stop and think. a lot of truth in the song, all the words make you shake your head and remember how great it used to be. back when people still had respect for each other and everybody tried to live by the golden rule. those days are long gone and now it is every man for himself. probably wouldnt have near the problems we have now if we still lived the way we did back then. the song is called "That's how it still oughta be" - Trent Tomlinson.

there's a great country song that really makes you stop and think. a lot of truth in the song, all the words make you shake your head and remember how great it used to be. back when people still had respect for each other and everybody tried to live by the golden rule. those days are long gone and now it is every man for himself. probably wouldnt have near the problems we have now if we still lived the way we did back then. the song is called "That's how it still oughta be" - Trent Tomlinson.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE .MOST POEPLE ON SPEEDZONE STILL LIVE THE OLD WAY ... RESPECT ..I HAVENT LOST ALL OF IT ..YET ..I STILL CARE FOR OTHERS .WE DO HAVE SOME RACERS FROM THE NEW .WHO DONT UNDERSTAND RESPECT ..BUT RACE LONG ENOUGH AND SOMEONE SEEMS TO POINT THAT OUT TO YOU ..BUTTS KICKED OR A FEW OF THIER CARS TORN UP .ALWAYS TEACHES THOSE NON RESPECTORS ....... ..........YOU MUST GIVE RESPECT TO EARN RESPECT .....

Spoke to a GM delaership representative and he told me the possible new structure for GM might be 50% to our power hungry government (they are for the little guy because the liberals think we are not smart enough to make our own decisions about our lives) and 39% to the UAW. These are the very groups that helped make GM what it is today. The stockholders would retain 11%. Once again the hard working taxpayers that took the risk to buy the stocks gets the shaft. Our country is headed down a path of destruction unless something is done. I am starting this week writing my senators and congressman. Also, I will try to get involved with groups denouncing the path our new leaders have so graciously decided for us. We cannot be apathetic anymore.

Does ANYONE know of ANY Government agencies that are run efficiently? $400 hammers, $700 toilet seats, Amtrak loses BILLIONS every year as does the post Office. Hmmmm, let me think.....why do we as a people think that the Government can run the largest Corporation in the US? It's ludicris!All this is, is a way for the Goverment to get it's paws on American Banks and Business' with the sheeple yelling Amens, and Thanks for saving us cause we can't do it ourselves as the rights and freedoms are slowly recinded. WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES ARE THE PROVERBIAL FROG IN THE POT!! A frog put in water that's slowly brought to a boil will roast because the change is so slow that it doesn't register as opposed to dropping a frog in boiling water from which it will jump out. We are losing Democracy little by little every day and most don't even realize it.

Archived