Formula 1 question

racer61

KINETIC ENERGY RECOVERY SYSTEM. In a nut shell there storing excess engery and using it in several ways.Last year a mechanic was killed by a super capacitor discharge based KERS. The other danger is mass quanitys of fuel on board with the electrial discharge a huge fire is possible.You should see it at the 12 ours of sebring this year Most of the KERS systems are mounted in the bell housing with a gear drive connected to the transmission input shaft.

I ran a kers system on the neon back in 2005. nobody noticed that the transmission had what looked like two starters bolted to it, one on each side. of course one of them was the electric assist drive motor. it was with this system installed that I was able to hold off oldtimers car and bring the neon home to a 4th place finnish in the only TPS race I ran that year.

I ran a kers system on the neon back in 2005. nobody noticed that the transmission had what looked like two starters bolted to it, one on each side. of course one of them was the electric assist drive motor. it was with this system installed that I was able to hold off oldtimers car and bring the neon home to a 4th place finnish in the only TPS race I ran that year.

LOL ...THAT CAR YOU WAS HOLDING OFF SPENT ALOT OF TIME PICKING YOUR BACK WHEELS OFF THE TRACK ..... FUN RACE TO WATCH FROM THE STANDS /EVEN TODAY JESSIE AND I STILL GET A LAUGH OUT OF THAT RACE .. SURE WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THE REST OF YOUR FACE DUREING THAT RACE ..FOR THE GLOW OF YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN WAS PREVALENT ..

Edited by oldtimer