Please tell me somebody noticed

Budman

I noticed that the fastest cars to ever circle Kyle were racing and passing each other without touching (the open) wheels and also without the help of spotters, mirrors, and radios. And while they had a spin or two, they did not run over each other to make that pass.

But then, I don't want to restart that old argument about needing spotters, mirrors, and radios to race....................

I noticed that the fastest cars to ever circle Kyle were racing and passing each other without touching (the open) wheels and also without the help of spotters, mirrors, and radios. And while they had a spin or two, they did not run over each other to make that pass.

That was nice to watch. :)

I believe TX Tom said what Budman was looking for. Good clean racing with no rubbing or bumping out of the way. Plus I thought it was absolutely fantastic to see the man operating the machine clearly. With due respect to the heavier NASCAR racecars, the start of the NASCAR race seemed slow compared to the midgets we had just watched. The midgets were running quicker laps but I believe their size had a bit to do with the speed impression also. And I personally would love to see midgets competing regularly in this area. Those or wingless sprints. :)

:) Of course you nailed it Txtom and Dano.

One style is 100% flat out no nonsense racing.

In the other, I saw a race leader leave his preferred line, kill off much of his momentum, sacrifice his track position and loose the race, just so he could go up track and block (and collide with incidentially) another who he perceived to be gaining on him. Of course I'm sure he had someone screaming in his ear ............... "Coming up on the outside, get up there and block him NOW, NOW, NOW!"

Its just a whole different mind set.

You ARE correct on that one D. The midget series DID have a dominant car, but there was plenty of racing behind him. Two years ago Steel did the same thing out there in the 9 car.

I wasn't really even trying to be critical of one or the other. Just pointing out the difference. Probably most in the stands out there enjoyed the N-car event more anyway. :)

For the most part, the midgets did run a pretty clean race - you almost have to with all that tire sticking out. However, there were a couple of times when I saw some serious wheel to wheel bumping and grinding going on in turn 1. It definately was not a contact-free race. Either way, it was cool to watch.

Honestly, I think the number of laps was all wrong. The midgets deserve the show with a good 100 lap race. The NASCAR cars couldnt stretch their legs on our track, so I though it was just like TSRS (who put on a great race). I do agree on the difference in style of driving, but as stated, I think a lot of respect goes a long way with open wheels. I know it does with us in karts.

I could watch those midgets every weekend. Lets do this. I'll buy the second one.

Cutting edge, I dont believe that these guys would make 100 laps. The initial red was enough to have to refuel most of them. alcohol goes fast.

Hey Tom, dont know if you noticed on the midgets but mounted on the back left of the seat was the radio box. The ones I saw head down the back of the pits had it plugged in. Dont know if they used em but they had em.

As for style, well the wild cars seemed real stable and the stable cars seemed wild. Too wild at times. I would like to see the midgets again soon. That was a sight I'll never forget.

Archived