Thunderhill Raceway Awards Banquet

Thank you to Mary Ann, Debbie and the Staff and Crew of Thunderhill Raceway, for putting on an excellent awards program this evening. Congratulations to Cary Stapp, Jim Albert, J.C. Umscheid and the rest of the THR and State Champions. We are looking forward to the 2009 season and being part of the THR Family.

Sorry I couldn't be there last night...

Can't wait to hear the stories and see the photos!

David,

We did recognize you again later in the evening for all of your THR promotional efforts.

It was great to see so many of the drivers in the local classes attend the banquet.

We hope everyone enjoyed the banquet, especially with the witty announcers and our Grand Finale. Jeff Garvin has already uploaded the pictures and has sent me the following link to post on LSS:

THR/TSRS 2008 Awards Banquet Pictures

For those of you who weren't there, we did a skit at the end that recognized Mary Ann Naumann as Ms. Texas Stock Car Racing. It totally surprised her!

Good thing the "after party" pictures aren't posted!!! :blink:

Everyone did a great job....Debbie, all the hard work and long hours you put in to last night's events really paid off. Bobby and Rodney, you guys were incredible, the crowd LOVED you!!! And I am so glad we were able to keep Mary Ann's surprise quiet all night long!! Her reaction was priceless!!

Can't wait for the season to get underway.... Also, thank you Mary Ann and the management crew for welcoming me on board for 2009, I look forward to it!!

I would also like to thank Mary Ann Naumann, Debbie Williams and everyone at Thunderhill Raceway for the excellent job they did in putting on the awards program last night. I would also like to say thank you for recognizing me and the San Antonio Express-News at the awards banquet last night. Congratulations to all of the drivers and the awards they received. I wrote a short story about the event for the Express-News and MYSA.com. I also blogged live from the event last night. To read my stories and live blog, click on the link below.

Thunderhill Raceway drivers receive championship crowns

My Friday motorsports notebook column will resume on Friday, March 6, 2009 and will be published online only on the sports page of MYSA.com.

Sincerely,

Mike Haag

Motorsports Writer

San Antonio Express-News

We really appreciate everyone's efforts in helping with the banquet last night. It was great to see the media coverage from Nick and Mike. I'll be sending out a press release later with a brief recap of yesterday's activities, although Mike did a great job of covering all of the events in his blog (link shown above).

Christine Parks was announced as the Chief Scorer for Thunderhill Raceway, and I look forward to having her on board for this important job.

And I have some post-banquet, late-night pictures that I might just have to share! Let's just say that the die-hards include Christine and John (Molis), Mickey and Kim McKim, Mary Ann & H. the Aramendia crew, and Joe and Martha Cantrell, Floyd Reed, Bobby Chaffee (and probably a few others I've forgotten). I knew that when Mary Ann just shut down the music that she was wearing down. But then John just brought it right back up, and we kept on going!

What a great time!

We really appreciate everyone's efforts in helping with the banquet last night. It was great to see the media coverage from Nick and Mike. I'll be sending out a press release later with a brief recap of yesterday's activities, although Mike did a great job of covering all of the events in his blog (link shown above).

Christine Parks was announced as the Chief Scorer for Thunderhill Raceway, and I look forward to having her on board for this important job.

And I have some post-banquet, late-night pictures that I might just have to share! Let's just say that the die-hards include Christine and John (Molis), Mickey and Kim McKim, Mary Ann & H. the Aramendia crew, and Joe and Martha Cantrell, Floyd Reed, Bobby Chaffee (and probably a few others I've forgotten). I knew that when Mary Ann just shut down the music that she was wearing down. But then John just brought it right back up, and we kept on going!

What a great time!

Come on Debra Ann don't be scared show um. :lol::rolleyes::P

Mary Ann H Debra Ann and Everybody involved all you guys did a great job and fun was had by all it's always funn to get around all of our race buddys at the track I do wish the weather would have been better probably would have had more people for the swap meet and more cars testing o well mabey next year.

:blink::rolleyes::blink: YFGSD

supertx,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to visit with Jose for just a bit!

Floyd,

Thanks for helping me on Friday with that huge projector screen. I was "conveniently absent" when it was time to take it down also. I, too, enjoyed visiting with everyone at the banquet.

Christine,

I heard some songs I'd never heard before - not sure if I'm ready to hear them again! Bad boy, John!

supertx,

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to visit with Jose for just a bit!

Floyd,

Thanks for helping me on Friday with that huge projector screen. I was "conveniently absent" when it was time to take it down also. I, too, enjoyed visiting with everyone at the banquet.

Christine,

I heard some songs I'd never heard before - not sure if I'm ready to hear them again! Bad boy, John!

Hell i thought you just took your shoe's of so i could not find you. :lol::o:rolleyes:

David,

No, actually I didn't kick them off! The script jokes were all about them messing up my slide show if they rearranged the order. And I had asked them not to be mean to anyone. I guess it gave them something to joke about. I know there were times that I had to laughing the loudest. They were just too funny sometimes.

Neil Upchurch had sent a note that says it best, as follows (hope you don't mind my sharing your note, Neil):

I just wanted to compliment you guys (Bobby and Rodney) regarding your "on microphone" performances last night. As Debbie posted, "especially with the witty announcers". You were "witty", humorous and in good taste.

You are aware that I know a little about PA Announcing styles since I used to do racing PA and still do high school football for the past nine years. You two had good style last night.

I also appreciate the credit and respect shown to the Texas Pro Sedans and to me.

Archived