Houston Motorsports Park

HOUSTONLM04

lol

TSZ is going to have a celebrity boxing match.

First fight: Frank "the gasman" vs Shawn "Wildhorse" Lehman Grudge Fight

Second fight: Nick "the Grandmarshmellow" Holt vs Jay "the Gardener" Hallas Senior's Fight

Third fight: Big John vs _______ (A Budweiser truck driver yet to be announced). Beer Fight

Me and SVC can be the unbiased judges.

Any others?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Crazyhorse,

I was just adding my opinion, my 2 cents if you will.

Mr. Gasman should know at least 3 things about me.

(1)- I am NOT a freeloader!

(2)- I am NOT poor!

(3)- I am NOT rich!

I am a race car driver that loves my hobby. Maybe I should have worded MY opinion like this Gasman.

"in MY opinion, for me to load up and drive from San Antonio to Houston & practice for 100.00 plus the other expences is not worth it for ME. I feel that HMS should charge what they see fit. It will be left to the drivers to decide whether or not they wish to practice."

I may have to practice closer to home, and maybe pay a little less, maybe not. This is just a hobby for me, I will never be a super-star

Tom every single driver has someone out there rooting for them (and some against)... That makes you a star in some peoples eyes... Hell some people even cheered Jeff Gordon at Daytona... hehe I guess now he is the guy thaty everyone loves to hate... :angry: Though I think Kurt Busch got close to the same amount of boo's... Jimmy Spencer got more cheers than both of em... Go Figure...

The Bakers have the right to charge what they think they need to keep the doors open. As a racer you have the right not to go run at there track.It all boils down to how bad you want to drive your race car, and how serious you are about your testing.The Bakers are a new breed of track owners, not promotors this is not saying anything bad about them but they have a track if you want to race your car or you want to test it's for rent.

Far as the cost of racing for the last 20 years people have tryed to keep the cost down, you no what not once have I ever gone back to the track and it was cheaper never have I seen the price of racing drop we went from $15000 open compression motors to steel head flat top motors for $ 25000. we went from $5000 race cars to $40000 race cars.The rules to make it cheaper have really never been that successful. It sucks but thats the way it is.Race what you can afford. I use to see on the side of Banjos trailer

" SPEED COST HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO" pretty well says it all

MONEY..... the root of all trouble.... Everyone has money issues look at NASCAR, team's with no sponsers, sponser's with no teams.... who's in and who's out... It's the sport of it, from pure stock to super latemodle. That's why we do it.... just think about it... WE LOVE IT>>>>>>>>>

I heard a saying that pertains to Gasman"When a man with money meets a man with exerence the man with the money get the experence and the man with experence gets the money" figure it out .

Third fight: Big John vs _______ (A Budweiser truck driver yet to be announced). Beer Fight

I think Big John should take on one of two Bud symbols:

1) a Bud Girl, or...

2) one of their Clydesdales.. :o

Also...I'd like to volunteer my play-by-play services for the pay-per-view broadcast.... B):D

The few of you who are bashing me are the same few who are always wanting something for free. The same few want free tickets, more purse, better facilities, more advertising from the track ............and you complain about a stinking $100. I dont blame the track owners and promoters now for not paying more, advertising more or improving the facilities. Why do it if you cant get paying customers. Thats my point. Good luck weekly racers, I am done.

Archived