Auto maker's bailout.

Definitive

Just a little something for my friends on here to keep in mind ............... During a period of deflation, the dollar you keep in your pocket and don't spend today will be worth more tomorrow.

not really. The value of the dollar is dropping like a rock in the world pond. :(

Wonder if there is racing in Russia?

http://www.livevideo.com/video/94F39FB7B5B...-in-russia.aspx

Just a little something for my friends on here to keep in mind ............... During a period of deflation, the dollar you keep in your pocket and don't spend today will be worth more tomorrow.

not really. The value of the dollar is dropping like a rock in the world pond. :(

Wonder if there is racing in Russia?

http://www.livevideo.com/video/94F39FB7B5B...-in-russia.aspx

Damn sure gonna have that heater working :lol::lol:

Thanks limited88, that was "cool"

no

part of what makes this country ,,,,,,,,,,,this 'country' is what we are running from. let them go under or get bought out. the market will keep on crashing if it is souly made up of government money(aka our money).

let's say i own a cafe. my income is suffering because the guys that use to work at the plant got laid off and they made up 60% of my business , when do i get my bail out? i have no plan,,,,,,,i can't tell you if those guys will ever come back to work and even if they did whether or not they would come to my cafe or the one up the road. i do not know how or when i will be able to make up my debts............by the way leave a voice mail because i am in belize this week on a business trip ,,,,,,,,my cafe leased a resort. HOW STUPID DOES THAT SOUND???????????? why , because i own a cafe , or because of bad business practice.

LET EM LICK DIRT

I agree with what your saying crazy!!!!!I am a true beleiver in free enterprise but if you beleive what you read and the big three do go under it will paralize our country because off all the workers and suppliers that feed off the auto industry.Now that JimJim(he looks like jimjim on Speedracer)is taking over who knows what will happen!!!!!

THIS IS NO MORE THAN A GOSSIP COLUMN. IT SEEMS FROM WHAT I HAVE READ IN THIS TOPIC, THAT THERE ARE A BUNCH OF OPINIONS AND THATS ALL. I WILL TELL EVERYONE THIS, GENERAL MOTORS AND FORD MOTOR CO. ARE THE ONLY AND I STRESS ONLY AUTOMAKERS IN THE WORLD THAT KEEP ALL PROFITS MADE NOT JUST IN THE US BUT WORLD WIDE IN THE UNITED STATES. YOUR OTHER AUTOMAKERS (TOYOTA, HONDA, NISSAN ETC ALL BUT GM AND FORD) SEND THERE PROFITS BACK TO THERE COUNTRIES AND REINVEST IN THERE ECONOMY. THE PERCENTAGE OF PROFITS THAT ARE LEFT HERE IN THE US IS FOR PAYING EMPLOYEES AND THATS IT (LESS THAN 20%). I HAVE BEEN A GM EMPLOYEE FOR 25 YEARS AND SOME OF YOU KNOW ME. IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BAILOUT THE BIG 3 THEN IT WILL JUST BE A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE ONLY RACING YOU WILL SEE IS WHAT YOU HAVE ON VIDEO OR DVD. LOOK AROUND WHO BUILDS ALL OF THE LARGE SUV'S THATS RIGHT GM AND FORD. IF YOU THINK THAT IS WHAT HAS CAUSED GM, FORD AND DIAMLER CHRYSLER TO BE IN THE POSITION THAT THEY ARE IN, THEN I WILL REFER TO THE ABOVE STATEMENT I MADE ABOUT THIS BEING NOTHING MORE THAN A GOSSIP COLUMN, AND BY THE WAY WHEN GM AND FORD STOP BUILDING THE LARGE SUVS WHO DO YOU THINK WILL PICK UP THE SLACK? THATS RIGHT TOYOTA, NISSAN, HONDA ETC......BECAUSE THE BUYING PUBLIC WANTS THESE VEHICLES, LOOK AROUND, WHAT DO YOU SEE PULLING YOUR RACE CAR TRAILERS TO THE LOCAL SHORT TRACKS (GMC, CHEVROLET, FORD AND DODGE) TRUCKS. OH THATS RIGHT THE FORIEGN AUTOMAKERS DO NOT MAKE THESE MODELS (3/4 OR 1 TON), BUT THEY WILL AS SOON AS THE BIG 3 GOES BROKE AND THEN YOU WILL BE FORCED TO DRIVE THE FORIEGN AUTOMAKERS VEHICLE BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT HAVE A CHOICE OR BE ABLE TO PURCHASE PARTS FOR YOUR OLD TOW VEHICLE OR RACE CAR. PLEASE KNOW YOUR FACTS WHEN DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC. IT IS A REAL CRIME THAT OUR FELLOW US CITIZENS ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO REALIZE WHAT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER IF THE BIG 3 GO UNDER.

I DO AGREE THAT THE UNION IS A PROBLEM BUT MORE THAN THAT IS OUR GOVERNMENT FOR ALLOWING THE FORIEGN AUTOMAKERS TO IMPORT AND EXPORT VEHICLES WITHOUT PAYING THE EXPORT IMPORT TAXES THAT THE DOMESTICS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY, WHICH IS WHAT OUR GOVERNMENT HAS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE FOR 25 PLUS YEARS. SO WHO IS TO BLAME? GUESS...........................

so who is the blame ....everyone ........ at this time poeple are hurting .some more than others .they are mad and scared .and those same poeple are in no mood to have sympathy for big companys ...... and its not the company that s at fault .just a few money hungry back stabbing jerks .who care aboult noone but thier own pockets ....... poeple who are hurting want to know what your going to do for me now .they dont want to see big corperations standing in line ahead of em .. they have already seen where the money has gone now ..and noone is getting any of it ...the banks are buying banks and keeping the money for themself.s companys that were not banks all of a sudden change thier title as to get some of that money ....bs ..

the '3' execs. took '3' private planes to d.c. to ask 'our' government to give them a hand out. 20 thousand is what it cost for one trip each to d.c. ........one congressman said "if you are willing to sale your planes and fly coach back in order for us to approve this would you?".....they looked like deer in the headlights.

$60,000.00 for one trip to a meeting to ask for money , that would have paid 1 and a half line workers annual salary after taxes. i don't think we are the ones needing educated.

-to think of racing in this situation would be pretty self centered. people doing a 'better job' with their fundamentals of business management to keep americans working is what is a stake.

After all these years of people saying "buy American or we're doomed",do you think its begining to sink in a little?Or are most people still going about their merry little way,oblivious to this country's situation?

Always remember....what you see in most television news outlets,is what they think the "whole" world wants to here.This isn't just a global market pertaining to goods sold now,it's a global media market as well.

Talking about the demise of capitalism and the U.S. in the media,is very romantic for most other nations to see and hear.Most other nations would like to see us fall due to envy.CNN has to worry about world tv ratings,not just U.S. ratings.Fortunatly Fox News and FBN are owned by a full on conservative in Rupert Murdock,and like all true conservatives,he is all about America,and the rest of the world can kiss his a##.

Last__I know it is cliche to hear this now but,when you go shopping,look at where it is made.If there is,by some miracle,an American made option to what you are purchasing,please buy it.I know the U.S. made things have always cost more but,if we paid more for products over the last twenty years,we wouldn't be paying billions to hold up the companies we never bought from.

last may i went t.v. shopping with my government stimulus check (they gave to us to help stimulate the u.s. economy) i bought a vizio. california made,,,,,,,sure all the guts were prolly made over seas , but as a well educated man pointed out in an earlier post the green backs stayed at home.

I'M WITH XZGGH6. IF YOU THINK THESE AUTOWORKERS ARE OVERPAID GET YOU A JOB OUT THERE BUT REMEMBER YOUR GOING TO WORK NIGHTS FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS. NO CELL PHONES, TEXTING, E-MAIL OR EVEN GOING TO THE BATHROOM UNTIL THE WHISTLE BLOWS. YOUR GOING TO PUT THE SAME PART ON ABOUT 500-600 TIMES A NIGHT WHILE STANDING ON CONCRETE.

MY FATHER RETIRED WITH 39 YEARS WITH GM, MY FATHER-IN-LAW WITH 30 YEARS. BOTH HAVE PART OF A FINGER MISSING FROM JOB RELATED ACCIDENTS. THEY BOTH WALKED THE PICKET LINE FOR COVERALLS, GLOVES, MEDICAL BENEFITS, ETC. I ALSO WORKED THERE RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. I FOUND ANOTHER JOB WHILE I WAS IN A MASS LAYOFF WHILE THEY WERE RETOOLING TO BUILD A DIFFERENT CAR AND STAYED EVEN THOUGH THE PAY WAS LESS.

I DO AGREE THERE NEEDS TO BE A MASS OVERHAUL OF THE LABOR UNION. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK HIT THE DOOR. I ALSO KNOW YOU NEED A LABOR UNION IN A PLACE LIKE THAT. THE LABOR UNION WAS A GOOD THING FOR PEOPLE LIKE MY DAD WHO HAS A GREAT WORK ETHIC. UNFORTUNATLEY THERE IS ALWAYS PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE AND THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO STOP.

THE EXECUTIVES THAT FLEW IN THEIR CORPORATE JETS ARE NOT TOO GOOD TO FLY IN A COMMERCIAL AIRLINE BUT HOW MANY CONGRESSMAN HAVE FLOWN IN A CORPORATE JET AND WHY DIDN'T WALL STREET AND AIG GET ROLLED OVER THE COALS LIKE THE BIG THREE.

I HAVE HAD 4 CHEVROLET IMPALAS FOR COMPANY CARS AND HAVE PUT CLOSE TO A 100,000 MILES MILES ON EACH OF THEM. I HAVE HAD 1 NON MAINTENANCE RELATED ITEM DURING THAT TIME TO FAIL. A WATER PUMP. I GET 25/26 MILES TO A GALLON ON CITY/HIGHWAY DRIVING AND IF A TAKE A ROAD TRIP I GET 32-33 MILED TO THE GALLON. THIS IS A FULL SIZE CAR AND I'M SURE IT COMPARES PRICE WISE TO A TOYOTA CAMRY, NISSAN MAXIMA, HONDA ACCORD.

IF THE BIG THREE GO DOWN THE DOMINO EFFECT IS GOING TO BE MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!

ONE LAST THING. BUY AMERICAN!!!

It's a shame when honest working people have to suffer because of the company they work for but it happens. The company I work for has, in my opinion, made several missteps in the last ten years that has left us poorly prepared for this latest down turn. GM is no different.. The argument is the public wants Suck UVs so someone needs to build them. I don't agree.. GM has put a fortune into advertising to convince the american public they "need" a huge vehicle to "fit in" or "feel safe". This was a calculated and planned action designed to maximize profit. The EV1, a GM product, was offered to the public because it was mandated by California. When the legislation was repealed, GM chose to crush the lease return vehicles rather than offer them for sale. That makes no sense at all from a financial standpoint unless the goal is to realize the profit from gasoline powered vehicles that would otherwise lose their appeal.. The government may have had no business bailing out AIG or banks but it has even less bailing out the Big 3 automakers..

It's a shame when honest working people have to suffer because of the company they work for but it happens. The company I work for has, in my opinion, made several missteps in the last ten years that has left us poorly prepared for this latest down turn. GM is no different.. The argument is the public wants Suck UVs so someone needs to build them. I don't agree.. GM has put a fortune into advertising to convince the american public they "need" a huge vehicle to "fit in" or "feel safe". This was a calculated and planned action designed to maximize profit. The EV1, a GM product, was offered to the public because it was mandated by California. When the legislation was repealed, GM chose to crush the lease return vehicles rather than offer them for sale. That makes no sense at all from a financial standpoint unless the goal is to realize the profit from gasoline powered vehicles that would otherwise lose their appeal.. The government may have had no business bailing out AIG or banks but it has even less bailing out the Big 3 automakers..

I AGREE THAT IT HAS NO BUSINESS BAILING OUT AIG AND THE BANKS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY THE US AUTOMAKERS WOULD DESERVE LESS CONSIDERATION THAN THEM.

I DO AGREE THAT EVERYBODY DOESN'T NEED A HUMMER, BIG SUV ETC. MOST OF THEM NEVER LEAVE THE PAVEMENT NOR HAUL MORE THAN THE KIDS TO SCHOOL.

AS A KID WE WENT ALL OVER THE COUNTRY IN A 1972 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME, FIVE OF US INCLUDING MY PARENTS AND SISTERS AND WE MADE IT FINE. IF THE BIG 3 DOESN'T BUILD IT THOUGH SOMEBODY ELSE WILL AND CAPITALIZE ON IT.

AS A SOCIETY WE ALL NEED TO PULL IN THE HORNS. I DON'T KNOW ANY OF YOU PERSONALLY. I'M JUST SAYING IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT.

Our forfathers built this country up so we could have the things we "WANT",not what we have to have,should have,or just plain need.There aren't very many countries that have a choice like we do.I own an F250(yes it's a turbo-diesel)PowerStroke.I don't need it,have to have,or maybe even shouldn't have it.But when my income allowed me to buy the vehicle that I admired for a long time,I went out and bought it.It is my vehicle of choice.It is what I "WANTED".We are very close to the day now,when all we can drive are the vehicles we "HAVE" to drive.So much for the American dream....or at least one small facet of that dream.

[ THIS WAS A CACULATED AND PLANNED ACTION DESIGNED TO MAXIMIZE PROFIT ....] EVERY COMPANY IN THE WORLD PLANS THAT ACTION ..AND POEPLE BUY INTO IT ..... JACK THE FUNNY PARTS IS .TOYOTA .NESSAN ..ISUZU ALL BOUGHT INTO THAT ..THEY STARTED BUILDING TRUCKS LARGE ENOUGH TO PULL OUR RACECARS .TRAVEL TRAILORS ..HORSE TRAILORS ..BOATS ..DIRT BIKES ....NOONE HAS BITCHED ABOULT THAT ... WE THE POEPLE DECIDED WHAT WE WANTED .AND GM AND OTHERS GAVE IT TO US ...TRY PULLING MOST OF THOSE THINGS MENTIONED WITH THOSE SMALL PICKUPS AND SEE HOW FAR YOU GO ..HOW LONG THEY LAST ...HOW MANY POEPLE WOULD DIE CUZ THEY CANT STOP OR HANLDE ALL THAT WEIGHT ...I HAVE A JEEP . IT HAS A 4.0 AND GOOD ON GAS .BUT IT ISNT SAFE ENOUGH MEANING ..POWERFULL ENOUGH ..HEAVY ENOUGH .. TO PULL OUR TRAILORS SAFELY DOWN THE ROADS ..

If anyone in this topic has questions about what it could potentially do to stock car racing, please pick up your December issue of "Automobile" magazine for this educated article regarding the connection of the auto dealers and NASCAR.

Thanks,

JL85

post-3-1227582000_thumb.jpg

Archived