Here's One For Track Smack

RETrott

After viewing the video on NASCAR.Com, (since Ike covered my weekend I didn't see the race), I'm a little tee'd off. In the first place, in the Louden Truck Race, to me the #30 squeezed the #11 exiting the turn. But of course, Lumber Liquidators is a TV/Race sponsor as well as the #30 sponsor, so I guess the outcome is apparent. In any event, when another team member attempts to yank a driver out of the race car/truck, from then on that driver and team are acting in self defense. It's apparent David Starr has Houston Northside training, after seeing his response of climbing out with helmet on and fists flying. If a driver is fined for self defense, I have to wonder about sanctioning body priorties. So, I have to wonder why the #11 team had any penalties, especially a fine for the driver. Does race broadcast sponsorship have anything to do with it?

Edited by RETrott

That was the third wreck that he caused. He already took out the # 81 truck and then he took out Bodine's teammate for that race, David Ruetiman earlier. If I was one of Bodine's boys, I would have been trying to drag him out of the truck, too. I'm a fan of David but he needs to try to not drive over his head. He was overdriving the corners and pushing up into the outside truck. The 30& the 9 crews had a right to be mad but they let the heat of the moment get to them. I wish NASCAR wouldn't fine anyone in a case like this. a little shoving sure does help get more people interested in watching. ALWAYS REMEMBER: NEVER TAKE YOUR HELMET OFF UNTIL YOU GET BACK TO YOUR HAULER AFTER YOU'VE SPUN SOMEONE OUT! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN!

Edited by andy66

After additional viewing the video of contact between the #11 Truck and #30 Truck at NH, I still believe the #30 was trying to squeeze the #11. Nothing wrong with that, but it did help cause the spinout upon contact. What I saw with the #9 Truck was inconclusive. If Lia was in the #81 Truck, didn't he spinout the #11 Truck that was the leader late in the Mansfield Event? But, the point is that Big Boy tried to yank David out of the seat, and then attempted to shove him to the ground, so why was David Starr fined for the altercation? Someone please explain.

Larry you can borrow my glass's anytime...Bodine's crew guy was just helping David out of the truck, because it was apparent that he did have strength enough to turn the wheel. They just wanted to talk to him. No one took a swing till after he did. They were just trying to lend a helping hand. I think he got off light. Nascar should of parked him after the last incident for the remainder of the race. (jmo) Just the same ole David I used to run dirt tracks with....nothings changed......ndm.....one could say that maybe he just ran out of brains and talent on the same day.....but that would be impossible.......in order to lose , (you must first have) :D .......Nick would edit me if I put how I really feel, but decided to be nice since David is suppose to be a friend of mine......to the front ...take no prisoners...alls fair in love and racing ...till you get caught....ouch!

Did I touch a nerve Denny? Talk about no prisoners, all of your cells have to be empty. But, I rest my case. The fine, supposedly, was for the altercation with Bigun, who had his hands where they should not have been. I mean, Todd already pushed and rubbed the 11 down pit road, and then Bigun wants to get in the truck with David. But, I could use some new glasses.