Limited Modifieds at THR?

RobbinsSr

eric you should call mary ann to see if she would allow you to hot lap your car to see how it would do on asphalt. I think try it on the hoosier 500 that you run now that way if they work fine then you may have a better chance at drawing more car for a test race because they wouldn't have to buy new tires to run in the race. I think it would be an interesting race.

I would be more worried that they wouldn't hookup and would just slide do to how hard they are. I don't think that the asphalt would have any adverse effects on the 500s because in most cases they seem to be harder than regular asphalt tire, closer to street tires.

i quess maybe they have soften the 500s since I ran them on my street stock. but it was about 4 years ago and at the time the 500s I had were harder than my g60s that I ran.

I sell all the tires, Hoosier & American Racer. Don't know exactly what dirt tire would hold out the best on Asphalt, however, if you want to try Limited Modifieds on Asphalt, I would run the 500's as everyone would already have them & they would not have to buy tires. Certainly the 500 is a better tire than the G-60, even on Dirt Dry Slick which is close to asphalt as dirt can get.

eric maybe you should ask if anyone would be interested in running at THR on one of the dirt forums. maybe if you can get enought response from them maybe it can happen.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade cause it is a good idea... But is there really a need of more classes of cars at THR? Just seems we got alot of people spread out over a bunch of classes as it is... If it brings in new fans that is understandable.. I think we kinda need to focus on what he have now...

Not trying to rain on anyones parade cause it is a good idea... But is there really a need of more classes of cars at THR? Just seems we got alot of people spread out over a bunch of classes as it is... If it brings in new fans that is understandable.. I think we kinda need to focus on what he have now...

I agree and disagree with you. if I were to have to build a car or buy a car I would just run a thunderstock. But for those of use that have sportmods and limiteds that are either tired of driving so far to the track or just ready to try asphalt it would be a lot less exspensive and easier to switch over the cars we have. And it would also give those a who want to run a modified type car a less exspensive option.

Personally I think NO it will not work. They been trying for years to do it in houston and only get 4 cars and I think you'll be in the same boat I personally dont think the mod's that run dirt would come run asphalt cause if they did want to they wouldve done it already.

2 or 3 years ago, a gentleman tried to do this same thing and organize a new series to run at THR and other paved tracks with the limited mods. He had a website, proposed rules, a few cars, and a decent plan. It still didn't work out.

I don't mean to discourage you guys, but it's important to always consider history when looking forward.

I also happen to agree with SASPEEDRACER in that THR already has an over-abdundance of classes to squeeze into a tight schedule.

its funny that the only post on here has been by people that run other classes at thr. None has been from sports mod drivers. eric isn't asking anyone that runs another calss to build a car to give the class a try. he is asking if anyone with a sports or limitied mod (already) would be interested in running at thr for one race to see if it would work and if it does see if they could do it more with the support of the track and drivers. here you have a person that is trying to bring new blood to the asphalt track. All everyone has done is say how it wont't work and how they don't want another class at "their" track. this is why I think there is only four asphalt tracks and numerous dirt tracks. why not spread the word and if mary ann will allow it why not let there be one race. everyone talks about wanting new fans and drivers but when someone has an idea to try it no one wants to give it a try. there is a better chance at getting people with cars to switch to asphalt by giving them a try in cars they are familar with.

so does anyone with a sports or limitied modified be interested in run a test race at thr to see if it would make for great racing.

must mean that the dirt cars like running where they are at,or dont mind traveling...Most counts at a dirt track are about 12 to 20 on a regular show.. What do you think it would be there??The sport mod nationals in waco will have 100 plus... when was the last time a non dirt track could pull that off??..Not bashiing where you want to race..Also not trying to get your cars to change over....frank torres

With the modifieds as weak (But getting stronger) as they are.. i really don't see where sport mods would work, energy needs to be spent working on Trucks & Mods that we currently have.

TSRS, Supers, Thunders, Grands (Especially Grands) are all showing good car counts this year...

I think THR's priorities are in the right place right now..

adding a new class unless its a bomber 4/6 cyl Enduro type class is a mistake...

Wanna trade a Sportmod for a Thunderstock... lol

LOL...I may endup haveing to do that, but for now no thanks, I love my sportmod.

Nathan Thank you for what you have said and although one race would be great I have proposed to THR that this be a class next season. It would be great if some how we could work together with Houston and what they are trying to get going there also. Being that the tracks work together and dont run the same weekends maybe we could draw a large field of cars.

Yes I know I'm dreaming guys but isnt that how we all got involved in this sport to begin with?

He is a video that some one posted on another forum for me. The track is in Monroe La. and the class is sportmods on asphalt. theses guys look like they are hauling......

Archived