TSRS please keep it an american car series.

thomasghamilton

:( After almost a lifetime of loving American motor sports i have had it with the take over of Toyota in almost every series. Just tuned into a ARCA race this evening expecting to see some good old American made auto racing and saw again what i have seen all year long (Toyota's racing for the win). Please keep your series American makes only (Texas Super Racing Series) and make sure real people can buy any part that goes into the real factory type motors that are used and have been mass produced and sold to everyone and anyone. I am getting more appreciation every day with series like TSRS especially now with the take over of what use to be all American sport. That is my story and i am sticking to it. :)

Back in the '80s American car companies tried to produce "economy cars" and just couldn't measure up to what Toyota and Honda were producing. Toyota comes up in the 90s and says they can compete in the same market the American manufacturers have had decades to perfect (larger cars and trucks) and they are successful there as well. Now they are taking on American racing, yet another thing American manufacturers have had years to work with and everyone gets mad because it is happening again. You can't even argue that they are doing anything different than the other brands haven't already done. Ford, Chevy and Dodge have all come out with specially produced "NASCAR" engines. You don't find anything like that under the hood of a "stock" car. Toyota is just doing it better.

I hate to see it happen just as well but the part I find hardest to swallow is that instead of taking it as a challenge and expect the other teams to step up people think the american brands need to just take the ball and go home. You can't tell Toyota they can't play just because they might beat you.

im sure if they could get a hold of a toyota racing engine, they would probably run it. lol

After a talk with a guy from Gibbs shop that wont happen. Dont expect to get Toyota engines of parts. They destroy all there top secret engines and parts while Ford GM and Dodge makes there engine parts available to everyone. Fair and balanced by today's standards. :blink:

Dont expect to get Toyota engines of parts. They destroy all there top secret engines and parts while Ford GM and Dodge makes there engine parts available to everyone. Fair and balanced by today's standards. :blink:

DAMN KAMIKAZES!

P;EASE KEEP IT AN AMERICAN ... THAT WOULD BE NICE ...BUT EVEN THOW THOSE CARS ARE AMERICAN MODELS .....NOT TO MANY PARTS ARE MADE HERE IN AMERICA ...MSD . MADE IN CHINA .. MOST FUEL PUMPS MADE IN CHINA ...THE LIST CAN GO ON ...WE DONT HAVE ALL AMERICAN CARS ANYMORE ..AND NEVER WILL AGAIN .,,

ahhhhhhh yes! but they are not ''american owned'' at least that is what everyone sayes.

Neither is 70% of the fuel and oil we use in our race cars and tow vehicles. America has already transferred a huge amount of wealth to the middle east, why not send some to Japan too. Conversely, Toyota has put a Toyota plant in San Antonio and has put many people to work while GM is closing plants across the country. Drill oil in America, buy American, no outsourcing to India, and English as a first language.

ahhhhhhh yes! but they are not ''american owned'' at least that is what everyone sayes.

Neither is 70% of the fuel and oil we use in our race cars and tow vehicles. America has already transferred a huge amount of wealth to the middle east, why not send some to Japan too. Conversely, Toyota has put a Toyota plant in San Antonio and has put many people to work while GM is closing plants across the country. Drill oil in America, buy American, no outsourcing to India, and English as a first language.

BOTTOM LINE IS OUR GOVERMENT AND COMPANYS HAVE SOLD OUT AMERICA OVER THE LAST 30 YEARS OR SO ..AND WE LET THEM DO IT ....JUST WATEING FOR MY HEB BREAD TO READ MADE IN CHINA ..NOW WOULDNT THAT BE SOMETHING ............. AFTER THOUGHT . COME TO THINK OF IT .ID BET THE PLASTIC BAG IS MADE IN CHINA ...ILL HAVE TO LOOK AND I WILL GET BACK TO YAH ...LOL ..BUT NOT REALLY FUNNY ...

we grow the best food in the world here. we gave saudia arabia 500.000.000 worth of food and grain last year, gave it to them, what we need to do is let them eat some of thier sand for a couple of years and then talk trade food for oil.....

we grow the best food in the world here. we gave saudia arabia 500.000.000 worth of food and grain last year, gave it to them, what we need to do is let them eat some of thier sand for a couple of years and then talk trade food for oil.....

I LOVE That idea Leland ..... Heck you should run for office , You got my vote :D

I bet they'd have a different outlook on there oil

EXACTLY! i've been thinking and saying the samething for a year. or atleast make them pay,,,,,,,oh i don't know the equivelant of $4 for a loaf of bread.......$4.80 for wheat ;)

EXACTLY! i've been thinking and saying the samething for a year. or atleast make them pay,,,,,,,oh i don't know the equivelant of $4 for a loaf of bread.......$4.80 for wheat ;)

You guys are "RIGHT-ON" with that thought... wish some of our"leaders" had the same foresight and balls to implement it

Believe it or not,that free food we give Saudi Arabia is what has helped us negotiate our "low" cost of fuel.If we play hard ball with them and not have ourselves set up with our own oil production here,we may be in for a big shock.$10....$12....$15....per gallon?....who knows.....besides they can only affect the price of gas by adjusting their production.We slow down feeding them....they slow down pumping...not as much oil to go around...speculators drive the price through the roof....$15 per gallon.

Archived