TSRS and THR

Cummins359

Cummins...do you race or what. That decision was made a long time ago, your a little late. Why don't you get with it and read all the other post from way back when. You should do that before you start a new topic trying to start things. but if your too lazy to read then yes THR is still having the late models but not TSRS. and from what I heard and seen there are quite a few people moving up to late models, so if you want to see them then you can come to THR. If you want to see cautions then just follow TSRS. I don't mean to be hard and sound rude i'm just sick of people starting topics that always bash THR.

If you think going to the races for 5 or 10 cars is great and exciting then yes, please go follow thr, but if you want to see 28 to 35 cars competing then you would have to watch tsrs. i dont post here alot but tsrs the permier late model stock series in texas and unfortunatly alot of people are threatened by that. we love our series and with only one year past we have had great success and will only get bigger and better in the years to come. people who have a problem with tsrs, you would have to ask them why?? i wouldnt be able to answer that for those people.

Beau

First off why are you bashing somebody that might just be asking a simple question, and hasn't been on TSZ in a while and was unsure about the fate of TSRS at THR.

Second off, grow up it was TSRS's first year of existence with a larger than expected car count, and they will address these issues during the off season.

Third, its pretty easy not to have any cautions when their are only five late models running nose to tail at THR because they can't pass anybody without wrecking them.

Since we have all read and argued on this subject before I think i will try to keep quiet on this. The real answer to the question is that THR will not have TSRS this year because they actually want to build their weekly car count after it was destroyed this past year.

Jason: I respect and appreciate what you've done with the site but you've never bothered to attend a TSRS race and I doubt you could find THR with a map. Stick to what you know dude. Local late model racing ain't it.

jamie37: I took the time to re-read all the TSRS/THR stuff and can't find a single one that bashes THR. I hope that what you "heard and seen" is true. Local cars not moving up to the Late Model class has been the problem at THR all along. jp

JP,

I am sorry I have more important things in my life than to drive for 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to attend a TSRS race. I will be going to a few this year though as I will be going out to SAS a few times and of coarse the CC races. I admire what the series has done in its 1 year of existence but I still believe there is no room for it and the tracks with this type of class will suffer. I got an idea. Anyone want to start a superstock type class? Basically a hybrid of CC Superstreet, SAS Sportsman, and THR Street Stocks. Maybe I can hire the key personnel from each track too to make my series even better. I don't know anything about local late model racing? Ok so what is there to know? The car counts suck and it all points somewhere. I honestly hope both THR and TSRS have a great year for 2004. THR needs to build their count and if TSRS can continue at its pace it will be one awesome year.

This topic always manages to bring out the angst in people - even at Christmas!!!

Let's give it a rest already. Cummings was probably asking an honest question. Neither THR nor TSRS is going away anytime soon, so let's all be happy and thankful to be racing or spectating where WE want to race. (Sorry, don't mean to preach.)

Happy new year to everyone. (emphasis on Happy!) :D

cs

There's no reason to apologize for having different priorities Jason but when you don't race, crew, or even attend the very races you are critical of, one must question the validity of your opinion. You may also believe the moon is made of cheese but that doesn't make it so. You have not offered a single fact to support your arguement. What is there to know? Volumes. Let me give you a head start. Look at the THR car counts towards the end of 2002 before TSRS even existed. Why weren't you so vocal then? Speaking on behalf of those of us that look forward to driving 2 1/2-3 hours to attend and participate in races thank you for this site and forum. jp

These are Kathy's records. For those of you who don't know. She is the lead scorer at THR. She posted these stats way back on June 29th in a thread that is similar to this. http://texasspeedzone.com/forums/index.php...1&hl=tsrs&st=50

Here are my Official stats from last year 2002.

Date----Car Count

3-30----17

4-13----20

4-20----13

4-27----22

5-4-----14

5-11----19

5-18----14

5-25----16

6-8-----15

6-15----16

6-22----17

7-27----22

8-3-----15

8-10----9

8-17----16

8-24----11

8-31----14

9-14----11

9-21----13

Now, if you add all those lovely numbers together you get a grand total of 294. If you divide that by 19 races. You get an average of 15.47. So, yes, I was little off on my figure.

Since you brought up the THR vs TSRS thing, here is a little more information for you.

Of the 35 drivers we had registered at THR last year, 22 of them are now registered and running pretty regularly with TSRS.

Theres your facts.

And, as I mentioned, you look at the last 2 months of THR's 2002 season you get an average of about 12 cars a race, not 15. How much does that differ from this past year? And again, from that same thread, all Austin area teams, except 2, spent more time racing at THR's weekly show than they did with TSRS. Next. jp

Frankly, I am all for both TSRS and THR having great seasons in 2004. As I've said several times before, the 2003 LM car count problem at THR was due to many different factors all working together in a negative way. The formation of TSRS was simply one of those factors. I think we can all agree to that.

At least one of the external factors has taken a turn for the better. Thankfully, the economy is looking better than it has in a while. This should help stock car racing in general and people looking for Late Model sponsorships in particular.

In the second place, I see lots of good things happening at THR lately. For one thing, the racing surface improvements Brian and Jim are completing over the off-season should give the Late Models more room to race. And for another, Brian and Jim are putting up a pretty significant end of season purse for the Late Models. And bringing in an impartial Competition Director should help people realize their committment to providing a level playing field is genuine. I have long held that the two things real racers really NEED are a decent facility to run at and a level playing field. And oh yeah, a decent purse helps and paved pits and as few Hooters girls in every pit ...

Just my .02 cents..

Nick Holt

Let's give it a rest already. Happy new year to everyone. (emphasis on Happy!) :D

cs

Well put, Mr. CS...

Well here we go again.Everybody that reads this forum knows how I feel about the TSRS and THR squabble.At the TSRS banquet David Mackey stated that THR couldn't afford TSRS this year and I can believe that when you are only putting maybe a hundred people in the grandstand that's probably a true statement.TSRS is one of the best and fun series that I have been around and I believe that there is a place for this series with or without THR.Now THR needs to survive with all the changes that are coming to THR they have another chance. I Don't believe that the Late Models was the down fall to the track nor do I believe that the late models are the salvation either the problems are or were a lot deeper than that.We know that there is a new race director [NICK] we know about the change to the track and the entrance road we have heard about the points fund. What I haven't heard is how they plan on putting more people in the grandstand if they put as much time and money in doing this they might make it if not it is a waste of time and money for the rest of what there doing. As I stated before my hat is off to Brian and Jim for trying but time will tell if they learned from there past experience at THR.

First off I hope everyone had a great Xmas.

Second

Jason the answer to your Question So (6+ teams just stopped racing?)

Jeff Pollard

Brad Hudak

Mike Yale

Ian Webster

These four drivers would have stayed and raced Houston for a Trophy

if TSRS would not have started up this past year,they have all stated this

in several posts.

Jason thats four.

Charlie Turner for reasons we all know.Congrats Charlie and hope to see

you next year.

Jason thats five.

And myself Charles Buxton

Jason thats six and I didn't even have to think about it.

As for myself I wasn't going to run at all this past year,but MaryAnn started

TSRS and I thought it would be fun to run at a few different tracks and it was

a blast and I can't wait to get started next year.

I have tried to promote THR for several years and it seems for some reason

THR doesn't want to work with any of the teams out there,hopefully this year will

be different.Unfortunatly it will be without our team and the people we bring out

every Sat. night this will be the first year that I have not registered as a driver at

THR.The position THR has taken on TSRS will make car count go down not up.

As far as TSRS taking car count away from a LLM class that THR has for the last

two years talked about not running because of car count,Yes Jason this was a problem

even before TSRS started,I know of two teams that ran just because of TSRS

Mike Jones #27 and myself.

Jason a question someone should ask is how many NEW CARS were running this past year at THR compared to the years before?THR has gone from talking about dropping

a class to wanting more TSRS cars to come back and run exclusively at with their

weekly show by not allowing TSRS to come back.Why would this past year have

changed their position on this?That is a very easy question to answer THR saw

how many cars are at a TSRS race and want them back to run THR exclusively

in THR LLM class.

I am looking foward to racing Houston,San Antonio,and Corpus Christi this next year

with TSRS,but there is one thing you will not see for the first time White Knuckle Racing

#77 racing at THR.I will still tell everyone that I see where the track is at,a question

I should not have to answer anymore,which usually goes like this.

Where do you race your car at?

Thunderhill Raceway down in Kyle just off I-35.

Theres a race track down there?

Yes it has been open for several years.

Really I used to go to Longhorn all the time I didn't know

there is a new race track.

If you keep trying to bring in college kids from San Marcos the stands will

never be full.Hey I know there is this LITTLE town just noth of us not as many

people as San Marcos maybe we should try and pull some people in from AUSTIN

to watch the races.No it will never work to far away,besides all our drivers are from

right around here not up north.

Sorry thats another topic.

New Cars at THR this past year

Just a few off the top of my head I'm sure if you check there were more.

These are my opinions and mine only everyone knows how to get in

touch with me.If you feel differently that is your opinion and I have no problem

with it.Good luck to THR and TSRS this next year,maybe the year after we will be

able to run THR again.

Archived