The American Oil Companies Going after a $ again

abrungot

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/16/markets/oi...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Rocketing fuel: Diesel fuel has been in tight supply for the last several months following a cold winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and as the popularity of diesel cars grows in Europe and the developing world.

With diesel prices outpacing gasoline, refiners in the United States have been ramping up production of diesel and sending it abroad. That has displaced some domestic gasoline production, helping push gas prices higher.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HUFF MOTORSPORTS

THEY HAD ON THE NEWS JUST THIS MORNING ABOUT THE PRICES OF FUEL IN OUR OWN LOVELY COUNTRY OF THE UNITED STATES, THE PRICES OF RISING FUEL PRICES. AT THE LAST OF 2 REPORTERS DISCUSSING WHAT IT COST THEM TO DRIVER ACROSS AMERICA, A REPORTER FROM SAUDI CAME ON THE BROADCAST AND STATED THAT FUEL IN SAUDI WAS .64 CENTS PER GALLON AND HAS DROPPED 1/3 OF ITS COST TO THE CONSUMER JUST TODAY. WHAT A DEAL, WE HELP THEIR COUNTRY IN TIME OF NEED AND THEY RIP US OFF, JUST THE AMERICAN WAY, HELP OTHER COUNTRIES SO THEY CAN SCREW US BACK.

JUST A FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!! THANKS DEL

P.S. I STOLE HUFF'S COMPUTOR TO SEND THIS TIDBIT, I'LL GIVE IT BACK NOW, THANKS NETT ;)

After a meeting today with a group from Canada, I don't really have complaints anymore. The regular Gas in Canada is $6.50 USD per gallon and they are a large supplier of oil so who is ripping who off. I dont think it is the Iraq people as much as it is our own companies here in the States. If you think about it Texas is pulling more oil out of it then most of the country all together and you sure dont see our Goverment giving the people $1k per month shares like they do in Iraq,Saudi,Kuwait and all them country's that believe the oil is a part of the people of that country. What we have is Texaco,Exon/Mobil,Shell etc that are all owned by people that are not even American's and are laughing all the way to the bank in there own countries. There is nothing we can do about it. Hell I drive 50 miles round trip and I will be damned if I ever ride a bicycle to and from work and hell sure can not afford the 1/2 million and up homes in that area so like most people we are forced to just pay it. Now the other bitch I have is the people that most of us work for and own the companies that we work for are still making money and there is not a cost of living increase big enough to cover the fuel that has doubled in the last 5 years. I went from about $200 per month to $400 per month on a motorcycle and I dont even what to thank about what the truck cost to run per month anymore so I guess I what I am trying to say is even the americans are at fault for this too.

our own crooked americans are screwing us ..and we want others to pump more oil to lower our gas ..the problem is not over there its over here ..big oil is loveing this rip off ..the refinerys are loveing this .they are not makeing fuel at full throtle ..aslong as they can get away with this ripoff .we will get screwed ..one fuel distributor is screwing the buyers at thier own pumps .buy cutting here and there on quality .. i know this by all the check engene lights i see every day from those who buy this gas ..and one person who works for the refiner has said what i have said .getting screwed on quality ..they are keeping us in supply and demand ..btw i dont want to hear aboult not enough refiners being built ..when our own refiners are at 70 percent ..ok i have said my full of it ..who.s next ..

ENRON-GATE, ENRON-GATE, ENRON-GATE, ENRON-GATE!!!!!!!!!

Why not. It worked before to the tune of billions for a few..............................

Oh, and one of the Saudi provinces had gas under .50/gallon.

I understand that the price of oil is going up and that the price of gas needs to go up but when the oil companies are showing RECORD profits, it appears to me that they are raising the price more than it needs to be raised. If they increase the amount needed to cover their cost increase the profit margin should be about the same as before., correct??

the reason for Saudi Arabia's (and other countries) gas being only about .50 cents a gallon is because their government subsidizes the cost of gas instead of taxing it

the reason for Canada (and most of Europe's gas) being above 6.00 a gallon is because their goverments tax the hell out of it to pay for other projects, i.e. high speed trains

exxon/shell/whoever makes most of their money on the upstream (getting the oil out of the ground) instead of making it on the downstream (refining it into gasoline, plastics, etc.)

if you really want to blame somebody go after the speculators on wall street that are driving up the price of oil, they are creating this bubble that is gonna burst eventually

I can't blame Exxon for taking the money that is handed to them. Are they supposed to say no when someone wants to buy oil from them at $100 a barrel?

if you really want to blame somebody go after the speculators on wall street that are driving up the price of oil, they are creating this bubble that is gonna burst eventually
I saw the housing bubble coming too...oh wait they said there was no such thing. If everyone would start using the phrase "oil bubble" then soon speculaters would start getting nervous and just like the housing market it would pop!

The real question is where does it stop?How much is going to be enough?At what price is the American people going to sit home from work and say fix it or else?

Not until we quit buying cars. Its our own fault. There are more vehicles on the road now than even in this countries history. Instead of 2 cars per houshold ten years ago its 4. Vehicles double, gas prices double. I dont like it either, I have 3 street vehicles at my house, 1 motorcycle, 1 boat, and 2 racecars. Now that I think of it, i need to have a yard sale. :lol:

here it is tuesday at noon and oil is at $129+ a barrell and still climbing.some of the so-called experts said 7.00 a gallon gas may not be too far down the road.If gas gets that high,hate to see what diesel will be.

The real question is where does it stop?How much is going to be enough?At what price is the American people going to sit home from work and say fix it or else?

Not until we quit buying cars. Its our own fault. There are more vehicles on the road now than even in this countries history. Instead of 2 cars per houshold ten years ago its 4. Vehicles double, gas prices double. I dont like it either, I have 3 street vehicles at my house, 1 motorcycle, 1 boat, and 2 racecars. Now that I think of it, i need to have a yard sale. :lol:

you did that last year, I took 2 of them away, remember!!!

You know I was thinking about this today, if gasoline has more than doubled in 3 years almost tripled how come motor oil is pretty much the same?

I know gasoline takes much more refining or whatever but still shouldn't we have seen a price hike similar to gasoline.

<_< we might want to keep quiet abotu this because it could give the oil companies another avenue to make money.

You know I was thinking about this today, if gasoline has more than doubled in 3 years almost tripled how come motor oil is pretty much the same?

I know gasoline takes much more refining or whatever but still shouldn't we have seen a price hike similar to gasoline.

<_< we might want to keep quiet abotu this because it could give the oil companies another avenue to make money.

i changed prices yesterday .. it went up ten cents .a quart ..so your to late ..

you did that last year, I took 2 of them away, remember!!!

I got stupid and aquired more. :blink: Maybe you need to come back and get the other two. :D and a boat.

something made me think yesterday when an oil expert said "when the price of oil reaches $10 a gallon".he wasnt talking about a gallon of gas, so i said to myself,if a barrel is 55 gallon and he's talking $10 a gallon oil comes out to, HOLY S%&*

Remember when Kuwait was on fire in the early 90's?

They picked up the phone and dialed "World 911" which, oddly, does not connect you with Paris, France.

We answered and they were screaming that some guy was invading their country and setting their main (only) natural resource on fire. 'Can you come right over, put out the fires and beat up the invader?' they asked.

Right about then might have been a good time to work out the US price of oil, going forward.

Jay

well after watching congress jumping on those poor helpless oil big wig,s yesterday ..i can see why its so high ..thier only concern was profit ..big wigs /said we are not lacking in fuel avalibilty . but lacking in future storage . and just plain blaimed it on the us goverment which is part of the blaime for not letting them drill in certain states and so on ......the oil big wigs couldnt really come up with why we are in this fix ...other than profit and .those darn pesky paid in the back door .. SPECULATORS .... HECK THEY WENT ON AND SAID A PROFIT CAN BE TURNED AT 35 TO 60 DALLORS A BARREL ..... SO NO SHORTAGE ... and they admitted that for 20 years or so we have been buying no more oil today than back then ..... go figure ..

I watched that hearing too.From what I can see,if the government stepped in and slapped a price limit on gasoline at $2.00 a gallon,the oil companies would still profit.The only ones that would take a hit would be the stock traders.If you ask me,I think oil is too dangerous a comodity for the traders to be playing around with.If they put this country into chaos,where does their precious little stock market go then?They said there are 18 countries remaining that have gas cheaper than we do.Every one of those nation's governments controls their oil industry.Why?Because oil and electricity are two things that a modernized country cannot do without.Go without one or the other and you no longer have a country.

We as a society have to do something about these oil prices. There have been these e-mails that go out and they say don't buy gas on a certain day. The oil companies dont care they just sit back and wait for you to get it the next day. We as a society need to cut back on our usage. We need to purchase oil from the smaller companies and put the larger companies in a bind where they have to lower prices. We need to be writing letters to our congressman and our senators daily and demanding that something be done about this problem. It's not much farther and yes, we will see huge ecconomic depression because everything that it effects will go up. We have to take a stand and tell our leaders that we're not taking it anymore and get them to do something about it. The problem is look at how much money Exxon, Chevron and Shell have donated to campaigns this year. Do you think these government officials are going to bite the hand that feeds them. I doubt it!...

Cut back on Driving, cut back on usage, dont buy gas from any of the big 3 and watch the price of gas drop.

Archived