Pictures from THR 042608

dancer52

Quit whine'n Chase!

LOL. I do too, as long as they're of me. HOLLA!!!!

very nice pictures, there was someone taking pictures in turn 2 that I almost slung mud at when I spun out in the heat race!

That was Jeff Garvin I think. His shots are up on his site now also, and they are great like always.

Great shots Dancer! Thanks.

My only question is why can't we get people to support these awesome photo's & the people that take them... buy buying them.. ?

Only person we have that buys any sort of pictures is Lori from the 07 Grand Stock.. she busys 4X6's & 8X10's regularly.. I have more to deliver to her again...

My only question is why can't we get people to support these awesome photo's & the people that take them... buy buying them.. ?

Only person we have that buys any sort of pictures is Lori from the 07 Grand Stock.. she busys 4X6's & 8X10's regularly.. I have more to deliver to her again...

Before I started taking pictures this year at Texana, someone suggested to me to walk around the pits selling them. I never would of thought it would of worked like it has. I take about 50-100 pictures from the race before and have them printed in 4x6 already. Then, my daughter usually walks around the pits before the races selling the pictures. It has worked for us. Just an idea to maybe help out. I know sometimes when we're racing, it's hard to make it by to look at photo's. The night can be over before you know it.

Brenda

Before I started taking pictures this year at Texana, someone suggested to me to walk around the pits selling them. I never would of thought it would of worked like it has. I take about 50-100 pictures from the race before and have them printed in 4x6 already. Then, my daughter usually walks around the pits before the races selling the pictures. It has worked for us. Just an idea to maybe help out. I know sometimes when we're racing, it's hard to make it by to look at photo's. The night can be over before you know it.

Brenda

you hit it on the nail .. i never even think aboult pic.s . unless i walk by the photo shop at cc ..and that isnt offten i even pass that way . s walking them around the pits ..would help //both the teams and the seller ... take some pics of tps 7 and 28 .. and bring them on by .if we arent broke we will buy some ..

Hey sdr...I see your reading this (this is AJ) you see the pics brenda got of you blind partner? lol...j/k I thought the pics of the spin were pretty good...AJ

Aaron...we only pick the ones we think people will like...put all on the website...and at the end of the year we might give some away for track promotion...things like that.....have grab bags...with the unwanted photos...its a gamble...but oh well...

your right it is a gamble..

But when there has not been enough incentive to keep our photo's guys & girls coming back...

they come back for their love of taking photo's certainly not getting paid what they deserve...

and I hate to see that..

Drivers complain about the purse's not being enough when they spend $ for the track, Photo professionals are in the same boat as the drivers.. They work all night every race night to capture memories and save them for the kids & people in our world.. but drivers don't seem to care enough to capture the memories..

sad very sad..

Brenda's work is awesome.. and it was really cool to get pics from a different angle... and i saw her at work & the new "toy" she has & as AJ said.. "That is next years racing motor budget right there!!"

Printed photo's from the Banquet, Enduro, Race 1, NASCAR (TSRS), # Race 2 will be made avail in the Pit garage... We will spend all the time, $ & Effort printing them... Just hope drivers/teams/fans care enough to support... Jeff's got way more $ sunk in this thank I do right now.... If i Give any photo's away.. it will be to people like Budman & Tom.. two genuine's that care about capturing history..

and so what do we do with all the pictures that we print & never get bought?

600 photo's per week isn't cheep to print, never mind Carry pit to pit..

what do you charge for pic.s we need some taken .. we go after infield shots in action if you can get them ..flag shots if we can just win one ..lol ..how aboult pit shots .do you do them and what do you charge .

the photographers need a booth at the track to sell their pictures.

when i was a kid , i loved the booth at Islip Speedway.

Take this with a grain of salt... I used to sell my photos out of a binder made the 4x6's and everything but it got to be so time consuming a process that I just sold the CD's. Sold the CD's for $10 apiece and sold the living daylights out of em. I know that sounds cheap but compared to when I carried around the 4x6's I made 2 or 3 times more. In a sense I knew I was practically giving away the CD's but I knew in the hands of the right people they were going to get used. And I didnt have to worry about taking orders for 8x10's or 5x7's. Cost wise Cd's are much more profitable. As for the left over 4x6's I had, I ended up just mixing them up and giving them away to kiddos I believe though I dont really remember. You might be surprised to find out how many CD's you could sell... I usually did mine by class, thou, when I started it was all classes... JMO from a former photographer... :)

Archived