longhorn speedway

thrss1

they have been out there cleaning up for a few days now. on the way home from work today they were tearing up the stage and the bleachers are on the way down. well atleast the boards are coming down. maybe they are secretly startting to fix the place up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't you stop by on your way home and ask someone whats going one?

id love to stop by but i have to try to squeeze an 8 hour work day into 6 hours so i can get home befor my kiddos. ill be able to stop by eventually.

I've been holding my tongue on this one but I guess it's time to tell what I know. My employer, co-workers and a family member have strong ties to some one who is involved in doing the work on the old longhorn speedway. According to him the plans are to tear down and rebuild the grand stands, fix up the infield and re-surface the track. He was told that they were not in a big hurry but did plan to run the old track again after all of the improvements were done.

yall are gonna hate me for saying this. but they are gonna resurface it with dirt arent they? i dont think we need two paved tracks with in 30 miles of each other. didnt work before dont know why it would work now.

yall are gonna hate me for saying this. but they are gonna resurface it with dirt arent they? i dont think we need two paved tracks with in 30 miles of each other. didnt work before dont know why it would work now.

Dirt would be awsome. then I wouldnt have to drive atleast 2 hours to the closest dirt track. lol....only 15 min down the road...sweet

There are other parts of the story that are uncomfirmed, but what if the case is that there is only one paved track and it is the old longhorn? With what was said in the last big drivers meeting this may be the last year at Kyle anyway.

If they do repave it, sure hope they consider a lil more banking and maybe lengthening the turns....say maybe to ....1/2 mile.. :lol:

Sorry Rodney, couldn't resist.

Mel

There are other parts of the story that are uncomfirmed, but what if the case is that there is only one paved track and it is the old longhorn? With what was said in the last big drivers meeting this may be the last year at Kyle anyway.

Let's not give up yet. This year has the potential to be a great one at THR, and that's exactly what the place needs.

I don't get out there very often anymore but it never did before. I'm hoping it is a great year @ THR, that is a fine place to go watch a race or to race.

Actually Mel, I'm for the banking, keep it 1/4 like CC!!

Regardless if dirt or asphalt it would be good to see the old place up and going again. So much history and stories from there, it would be a feel-good story that's for sure. If the folks mentioned in another post are indeed the backers of this, I would imagine it would be a pretty spectacular deal.

way to step up Chase... I'm with ya... Thunder hill can survive... with all the new things that are going on, i have a great feeling this might just be THR's best year yet... there's a few people (drivers, staff, crew, and family) that are going WAY out of their way to assist.... example, JRA Kids Club 30-day challenge, that's an A+ event IMO.. get's kids, family, THR's name, and many other things out in the air... but i think it's all the negative attitude that might bring THR down... it's a battle that can be won

-Shawn

but i think it's all the negative attitude that might bring THR down... it's a battle that can be won

In the racing world, defensive, negative attitudes are simply part of the fabric.

The psychological term for this outlook on life is "Defensive Pessimism." These folks talk like they're going to fail that school exam, but we secretly they hope to get an "A+."

Unfortunately, the only part most of these folks actually verbalize to others is the pessimistic, negative side and rarely express the hopeful, positive side even though they may be expressing those positve thoughts to themselves in their private thought life.

No charge for the above.. LOL

Nick

Let's not give up yet. This year has the potential to be a great one at THR, and that's exactly what the place needs.

Sorry guys, I wasn't trying to be negative at all. I do believe that this year should be one for the record books at Kyle. I have always enjoyed being there and will continue to do all I can to support our track. Guess I got caught up in thu rumor mill.

nick... i think you might have hit what i was thinking right on the dot.... in this type of situation a movie comes to mind... "Facing the Giants" aaron has made me watch that countless times and i have taken ALOT from it... and not picking at you at all blur... i have herd many things about THR shutting down, and i dont think people realize how they're putting it.. when they say something like that i know most dont mean it and the turn to the negative nature to express their thoughts... but aaron has been preaching to me over the last 2 weeks (because im having trouble shipping off to the navy, 3lbs too heavy and now im on my last ditch effort to make it in by the 27th of feb) but you cant say quit... i mean, you have to be positive in all aspects of the goal you are trying to accomplish.. whatever the cost... that's all i have to say now...

-Shawn

Archived