longhorn speedway

thrss1

Well its only my opinion but I think that at 3.80 a gallon for diesel at 107 miles versus 3.80 and 27 miles it makes a difference to me. I think that if the track was repaved it would be mch more difficult to market but if it were dirt then you get a different crowd and racers. I know that there would be a good turnout for dirt cars if it were an imca track but who knows. Maybe were all wrong and it will be a figure 8. That would suck!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where can you get deisel for 3.80. I paid 415.9 last week, and I'm afraid of what I'm going to see when I stop on the way to THR today.

that post was from a little over a month ago. I hate to see where its going to be a month from now.

I would prefer dirt because there is not one within 100 miles

Belmead

H.O.T.

I-37

Texas Thunder

Hill Country Raceway

all within a hundred miles. many more just outside of a hundred miles.

dirt or asphalt we don't have the fan base built up , or the cars and car builders of sugnificant numbers to support two tracks. even if one is dirt.

You need to check your odometer...we have ran all those tracks and only 1 maybe 2 but the second runs on friday...so almost impossible to make if you have a job. (texas thunder, I37) is under 100 miles. Hot is just over 100 (from austin) Belmead is and has been closed, Hill country...is...well no one knows what it is doing. I do agree on the fan base though, smaller towns always have better track attendance. Of course people need a show and a schedule they can remember... but who knows...I still hope they put in a local dirt track...lol

Where can you get deisel for 3.80. I paid 415.9 last week, and I'm afraid of what I'm going to see when I stop on the way to THR today.

that post was from a little over a month ago. I hate to see where its going to be a month from now.

Thats what I was getting at, I own an onsite truck repair business, I tried my hardest not to charge a fuel surrcharge but when your doing some jobs free because of fuel its gotta be done. What I meant were there are no tracks within 100 miles of where I live, I guess I'll be happy with anything as long as they don't level the old track.

Thats what I was getting at, I own an onsite truck repair business, I tried my hardest not to charge a fuel surrcharge but when your doing some jobs free because of fuel its gotta be done. What I meant were there are no tracks within 100 miles of where I live, I guess I'll be happy with anything as long as they don't level the old track.

I understand that. I work in the autoparts business and have seen my supliers cut back deliveries and also up fuel service charges. I think your going to have to start charging to stay afloat and would think your customers would understand.

• 1 month later...

I can't speak for this group - in fact, I don't even know any of the folks invovled - but if I were those folks I wouldn't say one word about plans until all ducks are in a nice tidy row.

Going public before then is to invite lots of complaining about your plans, lobbying for "my kind of car," pressuring for preferred treatment, etc. There will always be critics of any race track, but no sense in getting bashed by the naysayers even before major decisions are set in concrete.

I doubt we hear anything from this group until they're ready to go.

Nick

After seeing how jesse james did his tv show you can tell he sets his mind to do something and he does it. And he jumps in with both feet. In my opinion he would be a great owner/operator of the old longhorn. Wheather it be dirt or asphalt. I grew up going to longhorn every night they were open, and would love to see it open either way, especially asphalt. Now NO OFFENSE toward mary ann or anybody at thr, but jesse james has the money to "throw" at rebuilding longhorn and make it successful. And i bet those of us that love to race and find a way to race no matter what the cost, as long as the two tracks can agree on a schedual that doesn't take away from the other and maybe use the same rules than everybody that runs at thr would make it to longhorn. I know some tsrs teams only race at thr because it cost to much just to tow to houston and red river. And they would probably gladly race at longhorn just because it is another track close to home.

Archived