No More Smoking At Bristol

According to another website smoking will no longer be allowed in the stands at Bristol Motor Speedway. I expect the smokers are not going to appreciate this new rule at all. I wonder what would happen if Winston was still the sponsor of the NASCAR Cup Series.............................Which track is going to be next at outlawing smoking?

another freedom gone to crap ..maybe they should outlaw beer ..i dont like the smell of it ..and the drunks after the races are more dangerous than some old coughing smokeing nut ..need to outlaw perfume it makes me sneeze ...... hell the exhaust fumes are worst ..are they going to outlaw gas burning motor s ..

Im not a smoker and when we used to go to SAS and the smoke would blow right in our face we had the option to move, our right, I could see a smoking section when seats are set, cause it can make for a not so fun time but you know the way it is so just deal with it and enjoy, I agree it will run some off, but really how can they police that many people who light up, its not the best idea, SAS had there family section which was very cool, maybe a smoking section if they want to get that extrem, guess Jay wont be going to Bristal,lol,lol, :D

I'm waiting to see what happens in Canada.Enviroment Canada (EC) is proposing a law to ban leaded racing fuel from all competition vehicles at all race tracks in Canada starting Jan 1st 2009.If it passes,it could more than likely trickle down into the U.S. with a ban.With the no smoking at Bristol,they better hope that idiot politican from Mississippi doesnt get his "we cant serve you food because you're to fat" bill passed.Hate to see all the super sized Bubba'a and Bubbette's starting a riot at the food stands on national tv.

i admit smokeing is one nasty habbit ..if someone comes to me and saids put that out .i cant stand the smell .i wont .if you come to me and ask me to put it out i most likely will ..most of the time i do ..i respect others right not to smoke . and thier right to drink .. but that same person that ask me to put that smoker out .would not put his beer away 99 percent of the time ..so i suppose my dream of going to bristal has gone up with the smoke ..even if i didnt smoke anymore .poeple would still in my mind should have the right to smoke out side ..i knew when those beer . wine and other drinkers got thier way with bars and resterants and any other place ..would not stop there ..but i also understand this is for the kids ..i hope ..they count in this ......whats funny is all those years as winston cup....

smoker or not if youve ever been in the pits or stands at bristol smoking is the lasty thing to worry about..

the carbon monoxide is so bad alot of crew guys get sick at every race nasty little secret that nobody wants to let anybody know about...your working in the bottom of a bowl in the valley of some mountians..

if you willing to go there then smoking is the last thing to worry about....

Purely by coincidence, another fine example of that same mentality has arisen just this evening on the news at one of Austin's local channels. Mentioned were measures being considered to prohibit entry by obese individuals into local resturants.

I guess now we're going to have the FAT POLICE.

that's what i was talkin about budman.some crazy politican from the fried food capital of the south started that idea.said he did it to get everybodys attention.Never know,one day we may have food police on the isles at the grocery store going,"nope,you cant have that,your a## big enuff".

True story. Last week I was eating lunch in Frankfurt Germany, admiring all the lovely ladies walking by, and it hit me I had not seen any fat chicks walk by. Maybe fat girls don't get out thought I. That night on BBC british TV they were doing a series on how fat Americans were. They went on to point out that now that McDonalds is everywhere in europe that europeans were getting bigger too! They interviewed a rep from Batesville caskets who said that in the last 20 years caskets have grown more than 8 inches wider to fit the average American corpse. After that I only ate half of my gummi bears for lunch.

the new america if you like it they will outlaw it, if you enjoy it they will outlaw it, if you want it they will outlaw it, if you need it they will outlaw it.. reason its not good for you makes you fat causes cancer or flat out they dont want you happy... i say bring back whuppins in school not this layed back time out in the corner. time spoiled brats dont get their way anymore!!!! i want it back like it used to be ( i get a call from school my kid acted up teacher poped him he learned not to act up all this while im eating my red meat smoking my cigarette having a drink pondering going to the non tax strip joint while i see the 6 time rapest/murderer being exicuted on tv).... sorry so long but the goodie two shoes cant see the world has gotten worse since they started banning all the things we used to have our fredom to do..NASCAR FANS i say all light up at the next brisol race all at once what are they gona do stop the race and cancel it ha fat chance sponsors wont let them or there money would be gone and cup would disappear.....

:blink: DAMN!!! I guess we don't have anything else in the world to worry about except for smoking at BRISTOL. WHATS NEXT: NO BURNOUT CELEBRATIONS!!! :o Gonna get a black flag for unnecessary celebration. The whole racing world is going to pot!!! And I don't mean the herbal kind!!! <_< Lenny66

In case the non-smokers haven't figured it out, those of us who choose to smoke are feeling a little embattled these days.

This really happened to me some years ago. I was in an airport with a long layover. I asked two airport security guards where I could find the designated smoking area. They said there wasn't one and I'd have to go outside. I replied "The problem is I just stood in line for two hours to get through the security screening."

They proceeded to get right in my face and commenced to belittle and ridicule me as though I was some kind of trouble maker, for even having bothered them with my question. They then told me if I were going to smoke I not only would have to go outside but would have to completely leave the airport premises in order to smoke. So, I did, remembering all the while the treatment I had received.

Later that same day I had flown to yet another airport in another city and had yet another layover. It was late in the evening and almost deserted. I got a cup of coffee and was headed outside when I came upon a bar inside the airport that allowed smoking. The place was packed. I went in, and was able to find a seat at a table. The waitress came by and asked for my order. I apologized, that since I already had a cup of coffee I just came in to have a smoke with it, but I would appreciate a glass of ice water.

She told me in the most cheerful, polite manner that it was perfectly OK. She brought me the ice water and I was so impressed at being treated with such dignity and respect I tipped her a hundred dollar bill for that glass of ice water. She tried to decline it, but I insisted she keep it because she had earned every penny of it just by her kindness and gracious attitude and the manner in which she had treated me.

That was the last time I have ever been in an airport, nearly six and a half years ago. I don't intend ever to return to another.

The more people sue restaurants for causing the obesity they suffer from...the more pressure the TRA(Texas Restaurant Association) puts on the state legislators...the more likely banning "large" people from restaurants will occure.Yes,restaurants still have the right to refuse service to anyone,but having a law allowing them to ban the "large" people,makes getting sued by those "large" people less likely.It is one big viscous legal circle.Most of the problems that chipmunk refers to are related to the judicial system in this country.

STOP FRIVOLOUS LAW SUITS....and just govern through plain ole' common sense again.

Read the constitution top to bottom more than once,and you'll realise how it was drummed up on plain ole' common sense.David Letterman did a "man on the street" once,and the question was....define or explain the term "common sense".Out of about 7 or 8 people,not a single person could even come close.

budman here is a comeback for you if you havent thought of it yet ..when poeple come up to me .and its mostly little old ladys with realy smart ass grumpy attitudes .. and say . YOU SHOULD NOT SMOKE .THATS BAD FOR YOU .AND ITS A VERY BAD HABIT .... ..AFTER AND IF IM NICE .I SAY THANK YOU FOR CAREING .. AT THE SAME TIME I TELL THEM I NOTICE THEY HAVE A BAD HABIT ....OFCOURSE THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS .........I SAY YOU HAVE A NASTY BAD FOR YOU HABIT OF COMEING UP TO POEPLE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW AND TELLING THEM ABOULT THIER BAD HABITS ..THAT IS NOT SAFE .....THEY SHUT UP AND LEAVE ....

Archived