Texas TracGroup problems

NickHolt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty new to this site. My name is Stephanie Grider & I've been communicating with Nick Holt about Donald Teague & TSAR. I'm happy to see that he posted the article from The Daily Sentinel regarding TSAR. The article pretty well sums up what I've been through with Mr. Teague. He has completely turned my life upside down. I'm currently trying to obtain the money that he owes me from the past two bounced paychecks. After that, I do intend to take legal action. I appreciate all of the information that this website has provided on TSAR. Hopefully this nightmare will be over soon.

The Austin Business Journal is also working on an article for this Friday's edition.

I encourage all who frequent this site to share what they have learned with their friends, sponsors, suppliers and fans. By spreading the word, we can prevent others from getting "stung".

Donald Alyea

Former TSAR Director of Marketing

The Austin Business Journal is also working on an article for this Friday's edition.

I encourage all who frequent this site to share what they have learned with their friends, sponsors, suppliers and fans. By spreading the word, we can prevent others from getting "stung".

Donald Alyea

Former TSAR Director of Marketing

Did the Austin Business Journal publish the piece on TSAR they were working on?

Nick Holt

yes, it's in the ABJ this week

http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin/stori.../09/story4.html

Firm revs up track plans amid furor

Colin Pope

Austin Business Journal staff

Despite a series of delays, some bad publicity and a possible investigation by the Texas State Securities Board, a group of entrepreneurs say they're still on track to develop several NASCAR-style racetracks in Texas -- including one in Austin.

Austin-based Texas State Auto Racing Ltd. says it will spend the next 90 days wrapping up the planning stages -- including making final decisions on possible track sites. The company also says it has firmed up the team that will bring the proposal to fruition.

Austin businessman Dale Petty, a board member of Austin-based Granite Oil Co. Inc., has been brought on as CEO. Petty's management experience includes stints with H.E. Butt Grocery Co., Tocquigny Advertising, Interactive + Marketing and Western Auto Inc. James Burns, who spent more than 20 years as a division president for The Clorox Co., has been named chief financial officer.

Petty isn't related to the Petty racing family.

Texas State Auto Racing's plan to build eight racetracks in Texas surfaced in early 2003.

At the time, the company's founder, Austin engineer Donald Teague, said four of the tracks, which will accommodate about 50,000 fans each, were to be finished by March 2005.

The plan now is to have at least the Central Texas racetrack open by April 2006, Teague says. He says the $42 million speedway is scheduled to break ground early next year. Texas State Auto Racing is in the process of identifying specific sites and raising funds.

Teague says the delays were caused by trouble in the site selection process and hangups in planning, but the management team is ready to move forward.

The slow progress hasn't come without a price.

Some disgruntled former employees and business partners -- who claim they collectively are owed hundreds of thousands of dollars for unpaid work -- are questioning Texas State Auto Racing's ability to get the tracks up and running.

» Continued

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

I can't tell you how DISAPPOINTED I am in the article in the Austin Business Journal. It's very disheartening that a "reporter" would not investigate more before he put something in print. My family has been very negatively affected by our Texas State Auto Racing experience. Below is a quote from the article.

"The things in my past are true," Teague says. "I went through a drunken period after a divorce, wrote some hot checks to buy booze and I'm ashamed of all that, but I can't go back and change it ... and I'm in the process of settling with the IRS."

"But the thing you have to keep in mind is that all these attacks aren't on the racing group, they're personal attacks on me. They're trying to determine that because I'm associated with [the racetrack proposal], it's bad. But the fact is those who are involved and the supporters understand this is under development and will work."

These are not "personal attacks". Donald Teague is TSAR. I guess Donald is still in his "drunken period" since he is still writing hot checks on the Texas State Auto Racing bank account.

Is there any way to stop him??

According to the Austin Business Journal article (8/6/04), it stated Dale Petty as the CEO of TSAR.

Austin businessman Dale Petty, a board member of Austin-based Granite Oil Co. Inc., has been brought on as CEO. Petty's management experience includes stints with H.E. Butt Grocery Co., Tocquigny Advertising, Interactive + Marketing and Western Auto Inc. James Burns, who spent more than 20 years as a division president for The Clorox Co., has been named chief financial officer.

This is an email I received from Dale Petty in response to the ABJ article:

To: "K C"

Subject: RE: Thank You

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:46:49 -0500

Once again, I made a decision to not join TSAR. I know what the ABJ article states, but I decided to not join TSAR last week. I have no way to assist you. Good luck.

As you can see, Dale Petty claims no ties whatsoever to TSAR or Donald Teague. It seems that Donald Teague is under the impression that TSAR consists of more people than just himself.

James Burns, the "chief financial officer" is not listed anywhere on the tsarracing.com website. He has not been reached to either confirm or deny that he is in fact involved with TSAR or Donald Teague.

Austin Business Journal ran another article on Friday, with no less than four names listed in the by-line. I don't think they've really figured this thing out, and they certainly can't be aware of the current folks upset about supposed bounced paychecks and such. The Friday article even refers to Teague as an "engineer."

cant wait till tonite (8/18)to see the story on tv that 7 ON YOUR SIDE is doing on this guy and his plans-their advertisement for the show said he was going to build race tracks in texas but after this story airs maybe not-i hope they rip him a new one-show will air tonite at 9pm on fox 7 austin news

I just wanted to post the Austin Business Journal article from Friday, August 13:

False start

Mary Alice Kaspar, Giselle Greenwood, Stacey Higginbotham and Colin Pope

Austin Business Journal staff

The folks trying to build NASCAR-style speedways in Austin and other Texas cities jumped the gun earlier this month when they announced that they had a new CEO.

Texas State Auto Racing Ltd.'s administrative director, Dick Stephens, says the earlier announcement that Dale Petty would head the company was premature, but the Austin businessman continues to help the group as a consultant on an "as needed" basis and still intends to come aboard full time at some point.

"With any project this size ... there are going to be setbacks here and there," Stephens says of the premature announcement.

Word has it that Petty has decided he doesn't want the pole position within Texas State Auto Racing's management team, and that's raising the caution flag even higher for some of the group's critics.

A handful of former employees and business partners -- disgruntled because they say they weren't paid for their work -- have criticized Texas State Auto Racing's ability to bring the proposal to fruition.

Despite the heckling, Texas State Auto Racing claims it still is on track to build its first speedway in Central Texas.

The $42 million project is intended to bridge the gap between the mammoth Texas Motor Speedway and the 70 or so small racetracks throughout Texas.

Austin engineer Donald Teague, founder of Texas State Auto Racing, says a site will be selected soon, and his group is in the process of raising money from individual and institutional investors.

If the project does make it through all the lights -- and there are a lot that remain red -- the 50,000-seat speedway would really get the Austin economy roaring.

"What this can do for our community, in terms of jobs and revenue, is incredible," Stephens says...

I hope that FOX 7 puts TSAR in it's place tonight as well. I emailed them an update regarding Dale Petty NOT being the CEO. I'm not sure if they will mention that or not. Also, Dick Stephens, the man listed in the article is the newest addition to TSAR. I was actually with Donald Teague when he interviewed him recently for the job position.

I hope everyone had the chance to watch the Fox 7 On Your Side report tonight. More importantly, I hope Donald Teague was watching!

I am in San Antonio so I could not watch. Can you tell me about it?

Nick Holt

Hey gang..

Go to this web site..http://www.ktbc.com

It's Fox 7 News here in Austin...On the left-hand side-bar, look for the "7 on Your Side" button. Click on that, then "Feature Stories." They print out the scripts from their various segments, with the latest segment first..

As of right now (10:50 p.m. on Wed. night), they don't have the script loaded..Check back in the next day or so, it should be there..

The information is now posted on the Fox 7 website.

Here you go...

T.S.A.R.

It's one of the most popular sports in America. That's why Stephanie Grider thought she had landed her dream job when she went to work for Texas State Auto Racing.

Tsar has plans to build a stock car racetrack right here in the Austin area.

Stephanie's job was to go with business developer Donald Teague and convince local companies to buy sponsorships for the new race track with the promise they could make millions in return by becoming an exclusive contractor for the project.

But red flags went up when Stephanie's first two payroll checks bounced.

That's when Stephanie started to research her employer on the Internet and discovered some things that stopped her dead in her tracks.

Stephanie says Donald Teague had been involved with another venture called Texas Trac Group.

Records from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts list Donald Teague as manager of that company and say it wasn't in good standing because of back taxes owed.

Stephanie also found a web site posted by another former employee who plans to sue Teague for $30,000 dollars in back pay.

It displays a picture of Teague, warning people not to do business with him.

Stephanie told Dean Lundquist of Ramming Paving Company, the last company she had solicited for TSAR to look at the web site before committing any money to Teague.

Dean already had his doubts about Teague's proposal and decided not to become a sponsor.

Records from the Comptroller's office list Donald Teague as the registered agent for TSAR.

Records also state this company is not in good standing.

A spokesman for TSAR sent us this statement:

"We acknowledge that Ms. Grider is owed some wages..."

"She has no right to attack a private employee of this company..."

"Each company who voluntarily elected to do so, gave this company its support because they want to be a part of the motor speedway."

"Most of them will get an exclusive relationship with this company for work to be done during the construction of the speedway."

"For these benefits they each paid this company a very modest amount."

"We know of Mr. Teague's transgressions..."

"He long ago acknowledged that he had the bankruptcies and he owes the IRS."

In a telephone interview... The TSAR spokesman told us:

"The racetrack is still going to happen... and will bring hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars to the Austin area."

In the meantime, Stephanie hopes the company won't race off with her wages.

i agree it will never happen-he's looking for a quick buck-fox 7 said he(teague) couldnt be reached by phone-he's probably out selling the ostrich idea again-all you need is 10 acres and give him $2500-teague may be up for SNAKE OIL salesman of the Year

Their proposal made it into my boss' office yesterday. I have all of their information on my desk right now. I warned them to stay away from this venture because of what I read on this website. I am very suprised that Donald Teague was chosen to be a representative of this group if they are truly a legitimate organization. If you see a guy with a goatee and a TSAR cap at THR in the next coulpe of weeks, please don't beat me up, I am just looking for attention. :D

I'm still dealing this TSAR nightmare. I've been speaking with The Texas Workforce Commssion & they've told me that during the entire time that I was getting company checks, TSAR LLC, the Limited Liablity Company was defunct. It seems the more I find out, the worse it gets.

Archived