Texas TracGroup problems

NickHolt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao

Doing a whois on domain names is public information.

Whois info for, texasstateautoracing.com:

Registrant:

Texas State Auto Racing

13339 Clayton Hill Drive

Houston, TX 77041

US

Domain name: TEXASSTATEAUTORACING.COM

Administrative Contact:

Registration, Domain  domains@fatcow.com

2400 Louisiana NE

Albuquerque, NM 87110

US

+1.8775328269

Technical Contact:

Registration, Domain  domains@fatcow.com

2400 Louisiana NE

Albuquerque, NM 87110

US

+1.8775328269

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.

Record last updated on 24-May-2004.

Record expires on 07-Jun-2005.

Record created on 07-Jun-2003.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.FATCOW.COM   66.96.128.5

NS2.FATCOW.COM   65.254.239.3

NS3.FATCOW.COM   66.96.128.7

Anyways...Who cares? Do a search for Donald Teague on this site and you will learn all about his past.

The old pages for those that dont know about these crooks yet

Ohh and click on contact theres a phone #, address ( in think the same as the whois).

Anyways if you dont know what were talking about click on it and read. After that just take everyones word for it that they are bogus and fraudulent.

First, allow me to introduce myself as a new member of your forum. It’s good to know there’s a place to share information about racing and racers in Texas.

To address the issue in this thread, the website in question was disbanded over a year ago by TSAR. In the last few days, this old and defunct site has been “resurrected” without our knowledge or permission with a malicious message and an email address which DOES NOT link to our organization. We are dealing with this situation.

Certainly this is not the first – nor the last – time someone has attempted to discredit a fledgling racing organization. Call Humpy or Bruton – I’m sure they can tell you stories. It’s my job as Executive Communications Director to provide accurate information about TSAR. I look forward to sharing this information with your forum.

Look to our current website, www.tsarracing.com, to provide you with accurate information and updates.

Thanks!

Pat,

It’s my job as Executive Communications Director to provide accurate information about TSAR. I look forward to sharing this information with your forum.

That's great that you and TSAR are willing to provide information about TSAR because several of our members have raised questions about Mr. Teague and TSAR in the past and not received usable information.

For instance, could you please tell us who the investors are in this multi-track proposal? We know that several municipalities that TSAR approached in the past that requested that information but did not get a straight answer. As a result, as I understand it from newspaper articles in the Nagodoches newspaper, at least a couple of prospective sites declined to particpate further with Mr. Teague or TSAR's predecessor, TexasTrac Group.

Also, it would be good to know what Donald Teague's interests in TSAR and its related organizations are. As we understand it, again, from newspaper articles about him and TexasTrac Group, Mr. Teague has been involved to some degree or another with discredited schemes involving emu farms, and the like. Naturally, people would like some assurance that TSAR is not just another scam.

By the way, the person who posted immediately before you in this thread (Chuck Licata) is the former PR director for TexasTrac Group, the now defunct organization that Mr. Teague also was heavily involved in. Only he wasn't given a lofty job title like "Executive Communications Director." Chuck, I'd complain about this title upgrade! LOL

Nick Holt

Mr. Holt,

It’s good to know that there is interest in TSAR and by definition those who are involved in it. I haven’t run across anyone in the racing community that doesn’t think that building some new short tracks in Texas wouldn’t be great. But on to your questions.

First allow me to clarify the relationship between Texas TracGroup and TSAR. The owners of TSAR had no ownership in Texas TracGroup, so there’s really no comment I can offer in that regard.

It is common in many start-up organizations to keep the investment group private. It is TSAR’s position to do the same. There are names you might recognize, some you might not. However, these vital players in TSAR’s future as of now prefer anonymity and we will respect those desires.

Mr. Teague was hired as a consultant to the agricultural industry to work with them to find a solution for the agricultural production of Ostrich (not Emu as in your post). His work with the industry at the university system on a national level as well as with farmers in the planning of a legitimate means for the ranching and marketing of their product – as opposed to the breeding industry that existed at the time – was honorable and he is very proud of that work. The Nacogdoches paper inferred that Mr. Teague was an Ostrich farmer, which was factually not the case, and should shed some light on the overall factual dubiousness of the report.

Mr. Teague has been and is a valuable asset to TSAR. However, whether or not we succeed in our efforts will not be the responsibility of Mr. Teague, but our own ability as a company to carry out our work as we can with perseverance, integrity and quality. TSAR is very proud and fortunate to have Mr. Teague providing his expertise to us.

I hope this provides some of the answers you seek, and reasonable explanation for the answers I cannot as yet provide. I will continue to monitor your site so that I can respond to your members’ questions as they arise.

TSAR is a major supporter and promoter of motorsports in the State of Texas and we will continue to support the industry in a progressive and positive way.

Pat,

Did I get this right? The investors are still unidentified. Mr. Teague, who, reportedly, has been involved in a string of questionable businesses to some degree or other, is still very much involved in the Texas State Auto Racing organization. The business plan is similar to the failed TexasTrac Group plan. Sounds like the same deal as before unless I am missing something here.

The Nacogdoches paper inferred that Mr. Teague was an Ostrich farmer, which was factually not the case, and should shed some light on the overall factual dubiousness of the report.

I am surprised that you question the accuracy of the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel regarding Mr. Teague's past business activities. Having worked for a newspaper for several years, I am aware that most reports where an individual's past is part of the story are thoroughly checked by the editorial staff before they ever make print. Were the Sentinel's reports about Mr. Teague's criminal record also dubious?

Most of us who have been around Texas racing for a while have seen many large-scale racing plans come and go over the years. Great intentions, "can't miss" plans on paper and a snappy-looking website are all great, but when it comes down to the bottom line, most Texas want to know where the money is coming from to pay for all the wonderful plans.

Frankly, the very idea of four large-scale tracks paying huge purses to Texas racers is very appealing - at least to me. I guess most of us would like to know where the money is coming from to actually build the tracks and pay those huge purses. And I'm sure most of the small towns where you plan on building would like to know the same thing before they get involved.

Nick Holt

Mrs. Brown,

Today I heard from Robbie Goodrich, the managing editor of The Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel. Robbie wrote several of the investigative articles that appeared in that newspaper about the TexasTrac Group and Donald Teague a while back.

You may be interested in knowing that The Sentinel won the Texas Associated Press Star Investigative Report of the Year last year for their reporting on TexasTrac Group. They also won the James M. Cox Public Service Award (Best of Cox) for the stories that uncovered and reported negative information about Mr. Teague's business and criminal background.

This doesn't sound like "dubious" reporting to me.

Nick Holt

WTG Nick, Good digging!!

Mr Brown as a motorsports journalist around Texas for many years now, I was elated to hear of the the original TracGroup plans. But I posed one important question to one their reps that was on the Motorsports Zone radio show, the same day I was on. I'll pose the same question to you now.

With pavement tracks in Texas struggling with low car counts and poor attendence, where will the cars to run these series come from, without totally killing off local racing????????

OBTW, His reply was, "If you build the tracks the cars will come"

We, on TSZ, have had this(sometimes heated) arguement before about adding addition racing series' to an already struggling racing economy. My personal viewpoint is that it will only hurt the local tracks even more.

Ahhh, Nick..

You're taking all my fun away! LOL :D

Note to Pat: I would start making INFORMED, COMPLETE AND COMPREHENSIVE posts about TSAR and Donald Teague from here on, on this web site. As Nick noted, i worked for/with Mr. Teague before and was personally involved in Texas TracGroup. I know a lot more than you think I know---and more than Donald Teague thinks I know.

This is not at all a threat--however, considering my personal involvement, and the fact I've been a sportswriter/sportscaster since 1985--with a focus on auto racing----I know a little bit about journalism.

And if "TSAR is a major supporter and promoter of motorsports in the State of Texas and we will continue to support the industry in a progressive and positive way," as you posted, then why isn't TSAR involved in the local race scene and the local race tracks? After all, aren't racers on the local scene the same drivers and crews you're going to get to run on the TSAR tracks? (or am I mis-informed on that?)

By the way, Pat, how did the John Holsher suit end up?

Thanks...Chuck

mr. brown , if tsar is in to supporting texas racing and tring to build tracks . this has been going on for more than three years nad nothing had happened yet . why dont tsar go and buy the track that is closed here in austin which is longhorn raceway and open it back up it would give your start for tsar. with tsar buying this track it would show that tras is the real thing to all of us in texas and austin.

I don't know If TSAR is for real or not but I will put my 2 cents in on the local race tracks.

More power to them, competition makes better tracks, look at the dirt tracks lots of tracks lots of cars.

Makes the track promotors do there job, the racers will race at the best paying track with the most people in the stands. Oh by the way Pat Brown is a lady a very nice one at that with a long back ground in profesional motorsports marketing and mangment with established teams that have been around for many years she is not trying to jerk your chain just doing her job.

dancer52,

LOL.

Actually, I have been contacted by a couple of small Texas newspapers who were looking into doing a story about TSAR. Apparently TSAR has attracted some attention due to the fact that the Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel won a couple of major awards for their investigative stories about TSAR (TexasTrac Group) last year.

Nick Holt

Charles,

I certainly hope not. lol

They weren't asking me to write anything. They were just looking around the internet for info about TSAR and found several threads about TSAR on Texas Speed Zone. Basically they were looking for sources of information for possible future stories.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Feel free (if they're interested, and if you'd like) in giving them my name and number as a reference on the topic.

I know that before, you did...and I asked you not to. Now, I'm over that so I'll be happy to talk to whomever, if they'd like.

Archived