Ronnie Chumley,Charlie Schilds,M.J.Burton

gwj78025

Does any know how Ronnie Chumley, Charlie Schild, and M.J. Burton doing. If anyone would know it's Gingerbreadman. I know Ronnie Chumley had a wrecker service with his sons in Magnola,Texas and he served on City Council or the school board in Magnola. They were three of the best drivers to ever run at MeyerSpeedway.I knew Ronnie Chumley because he drove for Pancho Locklin for several years. He also had a gas station in Pasadena years ago and he had a Big 10 tire store on Washinton Avenue many years ago. I knew Charlie Schild and M.J. Burton from racing quarter midgets with Larry Schild and Denny Burton.I also saw them every Saturday night race at MeyerSpeedway.

Last I heard, Charlie still had his Shop on Long Point in Houston, Ronnie was still up around Magnolia, maybe Pinehurst, and MJ, I don't know. I used to buy tires from Ronnie on Washington Ave. Sometimes we would go to the greasy spoon down the street for lunch.

I still see all of them on occasion. Ronnie still lives in magnolia in same house he's had for years.He's more or less retired and kids drive weckers for him...M J has been retired for years and lives in forest cove on san jacinto river. Charlie has been retired for about 20 years now. He just kind of hangs out. You can usually find him at Larry's race shop or my race shop at least once a week. He's always speading hate and discontent as usual. Hasn't changed a bit in all the years i've known him.

• 1 year later...
Does any know how Ronnie Chumley, Charlie Schild, and M.J. Burton doing. If anyone would know it's Gingerbreadman. I know Ronnie Chumley had a wrecker service with his sons in Magnola,Texas and he served on City Council or the school board in Magnola. They were three of the best drivers to ever run at MeyerSpeedway.I knew Ronnie Chumley because he drove for Pancho Locklin for several years. He also had a gas station in Pasadena years ago and he had a Big 10 tire store on Washinton Avenue many years ago. I knew Charlie Schild and M.J. Burton from racing quarter midgets with Larry Schild and Denny Burton.I also saw them every Saturday night race at MeyerSpeedway.

GWJ Don Anderson & I had lunch with Ronnie last week, he still has his business in Magnolia, but with Jeff running it Ronnie's sort of retired.I asked about M.J. I thought he was still in Kingwood, but Ronnie said he thought he had moved to Austin,as for Charles Ray, he's just being Charles Ray still running the streets,I haven't seen him since Norman Peirce's funeral, but I hear he still drops in on A.J. occasionally, probably not as much though since Lawrence Marshall died.Ronnie's still pretty much the same sure doesn't look like a 74 year old with cancer in remission, he's doing good.I don't remember him having the Big 10 store, he had R.C. Tire service on Washington across the street from the Pig Stand,& Tony Medina had a shop right next to him.Billy Griswold had a Big 10 store on N.Shepherd. Man I just noticed the date on your post, I probably just wasted some time on this post.

I still see all of them on occasion. Ronnie still lives in magnolia in same house he's had for years.He's more or less retired and kids drive weckers for him...M J has been retired for years and lives in forest cove on san jacinto river. Charlie has been retired for about 20 years now. He just kind of hangs out. You can usually find him at Larry's race shop or my race shop at least once a week. He's always speading hate and discontent as usual. Hasn't changed a bit in all the years i've known him.

Had lunch with Ronnie last week, he's moved to his lake house, Jeff still is in Magnolia & running the business. Ronnie said he had heard that M.J. moved to Austin, & like you said about Charles Ray, can be found at Larry's, Denny Burton's or if A.J.'s in town sometimes there although not as much since Lawrence Marshall died.

Archived