"The Chase"......another dud

rebelracewriter

I am NOT a teacher, but there isn't enough time in a "school" day to teach these kids what they need to get into a DECENT college these days

there would be a lot more time during the day to teach the kids what they need to make it in the real world, if they weren't forced to teach what is going to be on the taaks test.

Amen. 1st, 2nd, and 12th grades were the only years I actually learned something. 3rd through 11th were all TAAS/TAKS test. It's pretty sad too, when a college entry test is easier than a test to get out of high school. :blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad but true that, "The times, they are a changin". Change in NOT always a good thing.... I am a tough broad, but that song "A Different World" by Bucky Covington (American Idol) gets me in the gut!!

"School always started the same every day

The pledge of allegiance then someone would pray

Not every kid made the team when they tried

We got disappointed and that was all right, we turned out all right"

Chorus:

"It was a different life

When we were boys and girls

Not just a different time

It was a different world"

Love or hate country music, this whole song hits hard.

Kathie

I am NOT a teacher, but there isn't enough time in a "school" day to teach these kids what they need to get into a DECENT college these days

there would be a lot more time during the day to teach the kids what they need to make it in the real world, if they weren't forced to teach what is going to be on the taaks test.

well they are teaching my son german .. why ..what a waiste of time ..im sure he is going to travel over there someday . 10 .20. 30 .years from now .....by that time he would have forgoten how to speek it ...task test ..what a joke ..homework ..tons of it ..another thing ..high school starts at 9 am ...4 pm ...why not 8 am to 4 pm ..give them that exstra hour to teach and have sometime for more one on one ..

Sad but true that, "The times, they are a changin". Change in NOT always a good thing.... I am a tough broad, but that song "A Different World" by Bucky Covington (American Idol) gets me in the gut!!

"School always started the same every day

The pledge of allegiance then someone would pray

Not every kid made the team when they tried

We got disappointed and that was all right, we turned out all right"

Chorus:

"It was a different life

When we were boys and girls

Not just a different time

It was a different world"

Love or hate country music, this whole song hits hard.

Kathie

amen ...... THE SONG REMEMBERS WHEN ..OUR PARENTS COULD SAY THE SAME BEFORE OUR TIME ..

GERMAN?!?! Don't even get me started on how they were going to make it MADATORY to take Spanish in school...Heck, may still happen!! They can dictate what language to speak and take away prayer....Makes you want to move to...... Canada!!!

Boy did we get off track from the topic: "The Chase"......another dud.

Gotta still love freedom of speech!!!!

jeff doesn't own the 48 rick henderick does. just like jack roush's wife ownes one of his car. the name on the owners line means nothing. Jeff is not paying for the car Rick is. There was a deal in his last contract that when he retired he would get a percent of the 48 thats why his name is on the owners line. but I get tried of people saying he ownes Jimmy's car because he does. do you think that there is a check going to jeff or do you think it goes to Rick? and in closing I just want to say that I can't stand either of them. so one more time

Jeff Gordon Does Not Own Jimmy Johnson's Race Car !!!!

Lifetime deal in the works for Johnson? No surprise, if it's up to Rick Hendrick, Jimmie Johnson will drive a Hendrick Motorsports racecar for the remainder of his career. Hendrick said he is fully prepared to do whatever it takes to retain Johnson's services for as long as he drives professionally in the Nextel Cup Series. Money. Assets. Car dealerships. And most importantly, championship-caliber racecars. "My goal with him is real simple -- to keep him with me for as long as he races," Hendrick said. "It's a flattering comment, and I think I kind of knew that," Johnson said. "But it's something we've never talked about or put on the table." Back in 1999, Hendrick made a landmark decision to sign Jeff Gordon to a lifetime driving contract. With that came equity partnership in the company, and eventually partial ownership of the #48 car Johnson drives. Hendrick co-owns Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet in San Diego, and the two have commercial real estate partnerships together, as well. Like Gordon, Johnson presents the unique package that includes both elite driving talent and premiere marketability. He signed a long-term contract extension in 2006 that runs through 2010, but in a sport in which premiums are placed on the aforementioned attributes owners are often required to renegotiate contract extensions long before their current deals are set to expire. Hence, a lifetime deal is a possibility.(in part from ESPN.com)(11-17-2007)

jeff doesn't own the 48 rick henderick does. just like jack roush's wife ownes one of his car. the name on the owners line means nothing. Jeff is not paying for the car Rick is. There was a deal in his last contract that when he retired he would get a percent of the 48 thats why his name is on the owners line. but I get tried of people saying he ownes Jimmy's car because he does. do you think that there is a check going to jeff or do you think it goes to Rick? and in closing I just want to say that I can't stand either of them. so one more time

Jeff Gordon Does Not Own Jimmy Johnson's Race Car !!!!

Nathan,

I hate to break it to you but Jeff Gordon is listed, official registered owner of the 48 car. However, the car is operated under the Hendrick Motorsports. If you'll remember Jeff Gordon is the one who got Johnson the gig at Hendrick. how Jeff and Rick split the benefits is up to them, but I've read over the past few years numerous articles where it sounds like the benefits of owner are fairly split when it cmes to reward money.

true but does anyone on here think that jeff gordon pays for any parts on the for the money it takes run the car. I don't believe so. the co-owner title was give as a way to pay jeff gordon more than just his contract calls for and as thanks for showing jimmy to rick. who gets the owners championship trophy I would be willing to bet money that it goes to rick hendrick. and if you listen to jimmy he thanks his car owner rick hendrick and team mate jeff gordon. that is all i meant by my statement. have a great day :D

Archived