"The Chase"......another dud

rebelracewriter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that most don't like the chase, but if we didn't have it, it really would have been a dud! Gordon had it sewed up weeks ago! I think they need to only give the top 15 points, and give the winner a rediculous amount of points for a win. i think the halfway leader should get a big bunch of bonus points as well! Screw all of this "Well i hope to get a top 5" crap. Could you imagine the drivers coming to the Snowball Derby just hoping for a top 5!! LOL :blink:

I don't understand why people get so upset about a point system. They have to have one. It can be this one or the old one or another one entirely different, but they are going to have one. And so far every race they've sent home 5-10 cars that tried to get into the race, all of them knowing from the start of the season what the point system is. And that includes those that are perceived to have been harmed by the current point system. Enjoy the race!

get rid of france jr ..... i want my baby back ..no my nascar back ..i want the cars to be different ..i want one owner team .. i want that damn restrictor taken off ... i want reall drivers in the cars ..not purty boys who have to look nice ..i want alittle bangin going on ..i want more short tracks ..anyone can drive on a long track .....grandma could ...i want to see dirty faces like it used to be getting out of the car ..i dont want someone combing thier hair before they get out .. i want real sling shot drafting back ..not push drafting to get around someone ...i want smoke pooring off the tires in the turns ..i want big fuel tanks back in the cars. so the darn tires will give up before they run out ... and get rid of those damn open wheel drivers ..who have not paid thier way into a cup car ..nascar seems to be going the direction of the rest of the usa ..outsourceing ... aint american anymore ...one other thing go back to the point system they had ..no chase no top 35 .....

It's only a dud because Jr. ain't winning it. I bet if he was, the opinion of the Chase would swing the other way drastically.

I thought it was funny that the article said it was Brian France's worst nightmare, yet on NASCAR.COM he said that this year's chase couldn't be any better.

And Kathy, Jeff wrecking Jimmie's about what it's going to take cause that 48 team almost never makes mistakes. I was really hoping they'd catch Knaus cheating again, and with a COT that's -100 points. Could've really used that break.....dang it. <_<

jeff doesn't own the 48 rick henderick does. just like jack roush's wife ownes one of his car. the name on the owners line means nothing. Jeff is not paying for the car Rick is. There was a deal in his last contract that when he retired he would get a percent of the 48 thats why his name is on the owners line. but I get tried of people saying he ownes Jimmy's car because he does. do you think that there is a check going to jeff or do you think it goes to Rick? and in closing I just want to say that I can't stand either of them. so one more time

Jeff Gordon Does Not Own Jimmy Johnson's Race Car !!!!

jeff doesn't own the 48 rick henderick does. just like jack roush's wife ownes one of his car. the name on the owners line means nothing. Jeff is not paying for the car Rick is. There was a deal in his last contract that when he retired he would get a percent of the 48 thats why his name is on the owners line. but I get tried of people saying he ownes Jimmy's car because he does. do you think that there is a check going to jeff or do you think it goes to Rick? and in closing I just want to say that I can't stand either of them. so one more time

Jeff Gordon Does Not Own Jimmy Johnson's Race Car !!!!

Man, take a chill pill.

We're all just having fun here.

I like Jimmie and I like Jeff. I just like Jeff better and have liked him longer. I don't care who own's the dang car. Makes no difference to me. I just know it ain't me. LOL

Nathan, Nathan we all have bad days!! Some worse than others. No harm done. I am neither a Jimmie or Jeffie fan, but I gotta give credit where credit is due...Jeff and Jimmie can drive the doors off those freaking cars. Everyone either hates them, or you LOVE them (Kathy), but no one can take away from their driving ability! Even if they have an infraction here or there by the crew chief, THEY CAN DRIVE!!!

Wonder what next year will bring?!?! I'm scared to even poll a potiential winner...too many changes!

Adios 2007!

STEWART IN 2008

Kathie

you said it oldtimer real racein not look at me im good and cute

That may be true, but man is sure don't hurt nothing.

Looking good and be good is a good thing from a womens point of veiw in the this sport.

You guys talk about them women looking good all the time. :lol: And even post pictures.

Hummmm! I might just have to go find some picture of Jeff to put on here. Now that idea I like.

Isn't there a song about this. Guys do it all the time. :lol:

Come on ladies break out those pictures.

Here ya go O/T ............. when racing was a lot simpler ............ the 1960 Daytona 500 ........... The vid even contains the biggest "BIG ONE" in nascar history ........ with no serious injuries. Enjoy! :)

(If the video does not load, try again later. That site is notorious for this.)

Here ya go O/T ............. when racing was a lot simpler ............ the 1960 Daytona 500 ........... The vid even contains the biggest "BIG ONE" in nascar history ........ with no serious injuries. Enjoy! :)

(If the video does not load, try again later. That site is notorious for this.)

thanks ..thats the way it should be ..60 70 80 's and some 90.s after that it just got to much aboult money and purty boys ...i bet if dale was still alive it would not be this way ..he had so much pull with nascar ..if he thought it would hurt nascar they listened .. and i wasnt a dale fan ...

Archived