Dwarf Car Crash

marvinmcgee

Any updates on the condition of the Dwarf car driver who crashed hard Saturday night???

He seems to be ok, He had a long drive, home he lives in Sanderson. We were told that he is already talking about getting it fixed so hopefully he will be back soon. Did any body see what actually happened?

look to me like something broke,,,,,,,,,,,, or he tried to scare the 05 out of the hole, when that didn't work he over corrected and hit the wall. so a fast hard left followed by a right. i am hoping option A ?

I was in the stands to the very right and watched this incident unfold. There was contact and quickly his car turned about 80 degrees right and he came at the wall almost head on. The crash was teriffic and I suspect the throttle was wide open. I could not see as the car went up along the wall into turn one since it was below my line of sight. [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/1/07]

Any discussions about the perceived performance of a medical practitioner, while is it certainly a legitmate concern, should not be taking place on Texas Speed Zone. If anyone has a concern about her performance, please take it up with the proper management personnel or appropriate medical authorities.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

Hello, thanks for your concern, I am the driver of the 64 dwarf car. I have some damaged ribs and am very stiff and sore, but I don't have any serious injuries. Wes, the car is a mess but actually held together better than I would have thought possible. I think I'll have it ready for our last race. Here's what happened the 05 got under me in turn 4, I saw him and gave him room to pass. I can only assume he thought he was by me and decided to move up the track. When he did he hit my front end and turned me into the wall. The 05 and the 72 are the fastest dwarf cars at the Kyle track and I,ve always given them room as soon as I see a wheel. I have never tried to "scare" anyone. That's the way it happened, believe me I had a front row seat.

We're all relieved to hear that you are OK. That was a major high-speed hit and the consequences could have been a lot worse.

Thanks for letting us know how it all came down and how you're doing.

Nick

glad to hear your ok .i wasnt even there but reading aboult it sounded bad ..the first and only time i drove one of those cars i figured i didnt want to hit anything in them ..just didnt feel and look safe ..i was wrong cuz ive seen a couple of ugly ones ...ratdaddy proved to me how safe they were and now you ...give the builders a thumb's up ...

Those Dwarf Cars are some of the strongest cars out there. People do not give them credit due to there size. Our lap times are usually just as fast if not faster than most of the local classes at any track they race at. These cars have a lot of Triangulation built in to them and all of our cars have on board fire bottle systems. The Texas Dwarf Cars run there own rules that are built around saftey, other clubs have picked up some of our ideas all in trying to keep the drivers safe. We all run very similar nerfbars to keep from having wheel hop, were in the old days they basicly had a Ramp style nerf bar.I have raced Dwarfs and been around Dwarfs for 6 years and have had a lot of wrecks and seen a lot of wrecks, these cars are very solid.

I can vouch for that....Glad to hear you are OK Calven.

has anyone had one as bad as yours ..my head is still spinning...lol its a wonder you still have scrupples ...or did you to begin with .........i dont know how many saw that wreck .but i thought you were a gonner ...just to walk away was something ....the lord was on your side that night .

I can think of one back in 2001 when we raced dwarfs. We were at 85 speedway in Ennis and two cars got together and one car went airborne off of 3 which happened to be the exit of the track and barrell rolled about 6 or 7 may be more times the helmet came off of the driver and was thrown from the car in mid flight and the driver got out of the car fine and actually went after the guy that he tangled with. we raced dwarfs for almost 6 years and that was one of the worst i saw.

Archived