Modified Race?

HORSEPOWER

From what I have seen all the big money mod races will be run on dirt in these parts unless some sponsors step up to do a big show on asphalt. Right now there is the Mod race in Abilene this weekend, Miller Mod in McAllen, I think there is a big mod show in Waco next weekend, just to name a few...

All the big modfied races are on dirt .Since mid sept. there has been at least a 5000 to win race every weekend . there's a 5000 to win race to night in batesville with that track having a 100,000 to win race next may that is not a typo it is a 100,000 to win, to bad the asphalt track owners don't go take a few lessons from the dirt guys but there to busy trying to figure out to charge the racer more instead of figuring out how to be promotors. Of corase when racers will pay to race like at houston instead of getting paid you can't hardley blame them.Well this ought to stir up the pot a little let's here your thougths.

LMAO @ Supertx re: Houston. Hell even Abilene for 3K to win had 120 modifieds

There was a "rumor" earlier in the year about a 5K to win pavement mod show in Houston, but I've not heard anything more about it.

Rodney, I-37 has run a winter series the past couple years for modifieds, but for the payout they'd get only about 20-24 cars, and nearly as many/few fans(LOL) and the show was poorly run.Hopefully Mr Horne taking over will increase car and fan count. I-37 is also having a big mod show the week(11-29) after McAllen for 1200 to win.

Archived