Amazing flying Late Model pic

rebelracewriter

the worst wreck i have seen at SAS was when scott jerkins barrel rolled down the backstraight away in 93 i think it was. it was his and my dads rookie year. i thought something bad went wrong with my dads car when it happened then i saw him pass by him. that was a scary wreck. i think he was back out he next week.

Mel,

Bruce never made it over the turn one wall, although he did try his level best.. lol

The right front hub broke just at the end of the front straight, leaving zero steering and zero brakes. He hit it a ton, but since we were one of the first to hit it that hard, the top of that boiler plate hadn't started leaning out yet, so we stayed in the ballpark.

Nick Holt

My memory bank says Slick Yoemans over turn 1 after cutting a tire. He was in an ex-Terry Labonte car that was repaired and later sold to Jerry Edwards. Pinkston went out later the same year, and I seem to remember Tommy Davis later that year or early the next year, might get with Terry this weekend to make sure I am thinking right, since we were both doing this stuff back then, too.

Some of this stuff is getting a little foggy; since I haven't had a margarita in a couple weeks, it must be that age thing......

Archived