Corpus Christi Speedway Schedule of Events

debwill

the super streets usually end the night of racing, but that is just a suggestion. I wouldn't mind running in this order, but if this is going to be a farewell to the yocums. i am sure they would love to see the super streets end the night

WHY DO YOU QUESTION EVERYTHING THE NEW OWNER'S ARE TRYING TO DO ? JUST GO WITH THE FLOW AND BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A PLACE TO RACE ..... NEW PEOPLE COME IN AND EVERYONE WANTS TO TELL THEM HOW TO RUN THERE TRACK , THEY WILL LISTEN TO SUGGESTIONS AND DO WHAT THEY FILL IS RIGHT ... LET THEM GET THERE FIRST NIGHT OF RACING IN AND THEY WILL KNOW WHAT CHANGE'S NEED TO BE MADE .. JMO

HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!! :D

the super streets usually end the night of racing, but that is just a suggestion. I wouldn't mind running in this order, but if this is going to be a farewell to the yocums. i am sure they would love to see the super streets end the night

WHY DO YOU QUESTION EVERYTHING THE NEW OWNER'S ARE TRYING TO DO ? JUST GO WITH THE FLOW AND BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A PLACE TO RACE ..... NEW PEOPLE COME IN AND EVERYONE WANTS TO TELL THEM HOW TO RUN THERE TRACK , THEY WILL LISTEN TO SUGGESTIONS AND DO WHAT THEY FILL IS RIGHT ... LET THEM GET THERE FIRST NIGHT OF RACING IN AND THEY WILL KNOW WHAT CHANGE'S NEED TO BE MADE .. JMO

HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!! :D

you get a first place trophie for that ..i agree ...

Squirrelminski, I agree with that bud. Chill out and let these people do their thing. I think they have enough to worry about than trying to make you happy!! You asked for 40 laps and got it, and then you complain about running extra weeks because of the wear and tear on your car!!! Get off the computer and go put some rivets in that nosepiece......

I know that Mat10 is excited about the big show and a new chance for future races.I have talked to others in all the classes and they too have had reservations about the futuire.Young guys especially get excited easily and thats a good thing.If we could just get more young guys involved in stock car racing it will have a great future afterall.Racing in general in south Texas needs new teams.

Speaking for myself only,it looks like the new owners are wanting everyone intrested in racing at CC Speedway to come out and get a try of what its about.Even if only a few of each class fron SA trys it,they can tell others of the same class whats needed to get set up.At the same time the track can show the fans some of the types of cars they will see at future events.Matt,sometimes its better to run your feature class a little earlier because some families especialle those with children cannot stay late.With this many classes running,some with no experience,the last race can be late.The racers dont care but the fans are whats important.At the time slot you are racing all the fans can see the race.That means you have the best timeslot.Now make it a good show.Remember,were not racers first,we are in the SHOWBUSINESS first we just happen to use racing for our floormat..

As far as mixing classes,if a car is legal for one of the local classes,that is not mixing.If a Thunder Stock is legal for a Super Street or whatever car fits what class trhat is not mixing.Outsiders have always been welcome.Pro Sedans have been welcome all year to race with Thunders by just changing tires and be legal with Pro Sedan rules.Like an invited class same as Pro Sedans do for us.Its too bad Neil will not let them or they dont want to represent their organization at this special introductary event.I know some of the dort cars and some of the RGS cars wouls attend if they were not running on the same nite.I have talked to some already.My point is some of the out of town cars CAN run the local divisions if they meet the rules.The new track owners just dont want cars with unfair advantages to steal the show away from the regulars.CC drivers if thats not correct please tell me.I already got fired from Pro Sedans.

To all racers:lets work together to plant the seeds of a secure future for Stock Car racing.No fighting,leave your anger at home.I promise you at CC Speedway if you get mad your nite gets worse.Let the new management get settled,work together with them and get the fans wanting to come back.Drivers,get some inexpensive photocopies of your cars and be available at your catr to sign autographs for the fans after the races are oner.A bag of candy ot little trinkets for the kids is greatly recieved by the fans too.The fan involvement is what makes CC Speedway different than most tracks,SALUTE YOUR FANS.We work for them.You make a fan feel important and he WILL come back.Wave to them on the runway,and when you carry the flag.Thank them first in intervieues.Look into the faces of the little kids and make them smile and thats the greatest reward you can ever get racing.We can do all the fighting and arguing when there not around.Also dont forget this is one of the toughest tracks of all to race on.Those who have never races here will fing out why its called the BULLRING.

I wish I could practice tonight but I cant get there in time.Someone let me know the results of the meeting please.Happy Racing and see you all tomorrow. Thumper

from not knowing when the track would close to knowing it is staying open ..the later feels better ..sounds better is better .now if i get off of here that would be much better ...so make the racen better at cc . and be happy ...

Squirrelminski, I agree with that bud. Chill out and let these people do their thing. I think they have enough to worry about than trying to make you happy!! You asked for 40 laps and got it, and then you complain about running extra weeks because of the wear and tear on your car!!! Get off the computer and go put some rivets in that nosepiece......

Thats SquirrelMinski Jr. Remember he is not the original . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Poorboy,you can race in your backyard but performing in front of a paying audience is a show no matter if you call it that or not.

Just got Thumper loaded.Can I make practice on time?I dont think so.The dirt track cancelled already so it must be raining.I hope if CC has to call it they do it before I make the trip.I would rather race.I would appreciate a call if someone knows.Thanks, me.

I think both have good points. We're in the business of putting on a good show, like it or not. Otherwise, we don't have tracks to race at.

However, I know that the show-business side of things is absolutely the last thing on most driver's minds when they are in the heat of battle.

not show business and I think 99% of racers out there will agree with that.

.....and you wonder why the state of pavement racing is in the shape it's in now? :huh:

If you don't put on "a show" for the fans, they WILL NOT return....it's that simple. No fans, no purse,,,,, no purse, no cars,,,,,no cars, no track.

Guys this isn't freaking rocket science........why do some of you try to make it so complicated?? <_<

Your right Rebel just because I am interested in racing and not show business I'm killing asphalt racing. I guess I'll just pull over on the straight away, bust out my guitar and sing a song. Maybe that will help. I leave it up to the track promoters to do the "show business" stuff, I'll just work on my car.

The promoters business is to "promote" they are not out there in a race car in front of the fans.

Play your guitar or whatever.......you may end up doing it in K-mart's parking lot just like the Wichita Falls guys or SA guys....... some of which at least have the option for Thunder Hill or HMP. CCS was about to that point from what I was hearing. Perhaps you enjoy the dirt side better now....that's cool.....but don't for minute think that they aren't putting on a show over there.(side by side, three wide, three wheeling) Oh ya it's a show.

Why does the SuperNationals attract over 1000 cars from coast to coast, border to border and pack the stands butt to butt every night.......because its a show......not just a bunch of guys racing.

I'd figure that you would at least get it by now.(and yes I have a good idea who I'm talking to)

I agree about putting on a show. What I think Poorboy means is that as a driver, all we can do is make sure our car is ready to race, get it to the track, and race that thing. All I can do is race. That is what the fans want to see. Good racing. All the other stuff in between is not in the driver's hands, but in the hands of the promoter. If you've ever kept a car on the track week in and week out, then I think you know that the driver who is there with his car has done his part. Sure, paint the thing like big bird, or whatever, that may add to the appeal. I think that the drivers who just show up every week deserve an applause.

Archived