Tony Stewart

Keith Garrett

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone will knock tony out of the chase just like last year.

one could only hope.

as long as Denny Hamlin or Matt Kenseth don't win it! Don't get me wrong they can drive but man, part of being the Cup champ is to be somewhat entertaining, those cats act like they are at a funeral, monotone-one word answers, boring.

smile once and awhile guys, you're celebrities!!! I hated it when Kurt Busch won but at least that dude was (is) a butthole, made you talk about something!!

:P It is not going to be a Hendrick year, sit back and enjoy!!! :lol: Lenny66 :ph34r:

This got me thinking so I pulled some statistics and there is a pattern that might develop and for all those conspiracy people out there I think I've found the reason they went to 12 chasers this year instead of 10.

2004 - Kurt Busch 2005 rank - 10th

2005 - Tony Stewart 2006 rank - 11th (did not make chase)

2006 - Jimmie Johnson - 2007 rank - ???? (I think they increased it to 12 because they knew this pattern)

Disclaimer... I don't actually believe in a conspiracy but I wanted to make my Jommie Jihnson friend feel bad about JJ being in 9th right now.

Goofy. The point fine for saying BS is equal to the Chase bonus points for 2.5 WINS???

The drivers should only answer questions either "yes" or "no" until TV agrees to protect them with a 7 second delay and dump button.

Just my opinion.

Jay

Had Nascar put the penalty in affect after the chase starts it would effect him...this way not. The only way this point loss hurts him is if it cost him a position at the end of Richmond. ex. he ends up 24 or less points behind the guy ahead of him in points...even then isn't it a 5 point breakdown from 1 position to the next? so not that big of a deal. As for the tv delay...he wanted it that way...and his fans love him more.

Jmo

This article off of Nascar.com is interesting...Tony vs. Espn

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Tuesday that Tony Stewart has been fined $25,000 and penalized 25 Nextel Cup Series driver championship points, as a result of using inappropriate language during a post-race televised interview following his victory Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Stewart, driver of the No. 20 Chevrolet, retains his fifth-place standing in the series points, with his total points reduced to 2,599.

Stewart violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing) by using the inappropriate language.

"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands who pull for me every week and take all the [expletive] from everybody else," Stewart said to an ESPN reporter as he began to walk away.

The curse spoiled ESPN's return to NASCAR. Stewart is feuding with the network, which criticized him two weeks ago for saying he was going to drink a case of beer to celebrate his July 15 win in Chicago.

An ESPN analyst said later that Stewart was not a good role model, and Stewart has been reluctant to do interviews with its announcers. He participated in the post-race interview at the finish line, but it ended after he used the expletive.

He later criticized the network when asked if he would be celebrating the Indy win with another case of beer.

"I don't want anybody from ESPN talking about how irresponsible I am, even though it's legal to do everything I did," he said. "Heaven forbid you actually have fun in life."

In addition, Stewart's car owner, Joe Gibbs, has been penalized 25 car owner championship points because of the infraction.

Had Nascar put the penalty in affect after the chase starts it would effect him...this way not. The only way this point loss hurts him is if it cost him a position at the end of Richmond. ex. he ends up 24 or less points behind the guy ahead of him in points...even then isn't it a 5 point breakdown from 1 position to the next? so not that big of a deal. As for the tv delay...he wanted it that way...and his fans love him more.

Jmo

Brad, you are completely correct on this point. I was trying to point out a sense of scale but I forgot about the "reset" in the Chase. Thanks for the assist.

Jay

Tony maybe an A-hole but he's REAL

real egotistical , really out of shape , REALLY, REALLY the axis of the earth, really in denial about taking responsibility for his own actions, really over rated , really saving up for that 'special' operation he's been longing to have, really stands in front of the mirror practicing his best dale earnhardt , AND really reminds me of a guy that is really an 'A-hole'

well hell,,,,,,,,i think you are right.

Tony maybe an A-hole but he's REAL

real egotistical , really out of shape , REALLY, REALLY the axis of the earth, really in denial about taking responsibility for his own actions, really over rated , really saving up for that 'special' operation he's been longing to have, really stands in front of the mirror practicing his best dale earnhardt , AND really reminds me of a guy that is really an 'A-hole'

well hell,,,,,,,,i think you are right.

All true, but he is good for nascar, you either love or hate him. Not saying i love him or anything :P

Here's one for ya...

At the end of the Busch East race Saturday night, after getting the shaft for jumping a restart while leading and having a clearly dominant car, Matt Kobyluck finished somthing like 10th or 11th.

After the checkers flew he drove into victory lane got out and gave the thumbs down to the crowd. Then he proceeded to say "that was Bull S***!, that was a Bull S***! call" on live TV (HD Net). Then he got back into his car and drove away.

Wonder if he'll get the 25/25 penality...

What I find odd is you hear a lot of that word on TV nowdays in various forms. It seems like George Carlin's list has shrunk. Oh well bovine scatology occurs I guess.

Hey Nick does that cost me $25 and 25 posts?????LMFAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

For Immediate Release

San Antonio, TX (August 1, 2007) - Texas Speed Zone announced today that JM Hallas, their less-than-professional, untalented, hippy-looking, yet highly-paid reporter, has been docked ONE YEAR'S salary for using the highly innapropriate term B**vine Sc*tology" in a recent posting.

"Future outbursts of this nature will be dealt with even more harshly," declared Nick Holt, the extremely popular, tall, dark and handsome TXSZ moderator in announcing the unusually large fine. "If Jay thinks for one second that he can get away with using foul language, he'd better think again. I'll just keep docking his big fat paychecks until he gets the message."

--30--

What I find odd is you hear a lot of that word on TV nowdays in various forms. It seems like George Carlin's list has shrunk. Oh well bovine scatology occurs I guess.

Hey Nick does that cost me $25 and 25 posts?????LMFAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

For Immediate Release

San Antonio, TX (August 1, 2007) - Texas Speed Zone announced today that JM Hallas, their less-than-professional, untalented, hippy-looking, yet highly-paid reporter, has been docked ONE YEAR'S salary for using the highly innapropriate term B**vine Sc*tology" in a recent posting.

"Future outbursts of this nature will be dealt with even more harshly," declared Nick Holt, the extremely popular, tall, dark and handsome TXSZ moderator in announcing the unually large fine. "If Jay thinks for one second that he can get away with using foul language, he'd better think again. I'll just keep docking his big fat paychecks until he gets the message."

--30--

Wow,

The B**vine S**toligy is sure getting deep.

[/sarcasm]

For Immediate Release

"Future outbursts of this nature will be dealt with even more harshly," declared Nick Holt, the extremely popular, tall, dark and handsome TXSZ moderator in announcing the unusually large fine. "If Jay thinks for one second that he can get away with using foul language, he'd better think again. I'll just keep docking his big fat paychecks until he gets the message."

--30--

:o:o:o

A years salary!?!?! :huh:<_< That's .....................

It's getting so you can't even slip the high dollar words past ol' Nick! ;) Did you have google that? :lol:

Archived