CC Speedway

Aug. 4th REVISED 07/30

Corpus Christi Speedway

This is a special one time event.

Will be Holding its First Annual Honor the Yocum’s Night at the Races

The day of Multi Events

MEDIA ( NEWS ) and SPONSORS WILL BE THERE

Our local racing classes are scheduled to run and we are also inviting the following classes to come and race, if it doesn’t conflict with your current racing schedule.

We will be honoring Mr. and Mrs. Yocum for their dedication over the years.

We will be giving away prizes all evening to the fans and drivers.

We will be giving away sponsorship & contingency prizes.

Wednesday:

7pm meeting for employees

Friday:

CC Drivers Meeting Friday @ 7pm

GATES WILL BE OPENED ON FRIDAY FOR PRACTICE ( FREE ) FROM 4-10PM : CONTACT RICK ON THIS

Pit Gate will open at a special time 12:00 NOON, Drivers can drop cars off and set up

Saturday:

Spectator’s gate will open at 5:00 pm

Drivers meeting at 5:30pm

Racing will start at 6:30pm

We will have an intermission ceremony for Mr. and Mrs. Yocum:

Our local classes will be doing the honoring during intermission.

Questions call us : Shelma or James 210-218-7655

Email : Shelma@jsracingpromotions.com

In order for these classes to participate we must have at least 8 cars per class. Contact us if you are interested, so we can make a schedule by Thursday Noon.

Late Models

1st Place $ 550.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 450.00

3th Place $ 300.00

4th Place thru 9th Gas Card = $ 30.00

Super Stocks & SAS Sportsman will be combined ( SAS & THR )

1st Place $ 500.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 300.00

3th Place $ 200.00

4th Place thru 9th Gas Cards = $ 30.00

Hobby Stocks & Roadrunner will be combined ( SAS & THR )

1st Place $ 350.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 250.00

3th Place $ 175.00

Grand Stocks ( THR & SAS ) –

1st Place $ 250.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 175.00

3th Place $ 100.00

Trucks

1st Place $ 350.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 250.00

3th Place $ 175.00

Roadsters – Pending Purse

Thanks for thinking of us.

That being said, I've got to say that it would seem to make more sense to combine the purses in the SS/Sportsman classes, the Hobby/Roadrunner classes, and the grand stock classes and run three features instead of 6. You'll likely get more cars. I could be way wrong here, but it seems to me that the former SAS cars in these classes that want to race and don't mind a little travel are already racing at THR by now WITH the THR classes. These cars have already made changes to run at THR. Why split everyone up now?

Thanks for listening. Best of luck with it.

We will look into it,, if no one complains then we will look at combining them..

Shelma

That being said, I've got to say that it would seem to make more sense to combine the purses in the SS/Sportsman classes, the Hobby/Roadrunner classes, and the grand stock classes and run three features instead of 6. You'll likely get more cars. I could be way wrong here, but it seems to me that the former SAS cars in these classes that want to race and don't mind a little travel are already racing at THR by now WITH the THR classes. These cars have already made changes to run at THR. Why split everyone up now?

this isnt exactly true.... i havent even begun to downgrade my sas car to meet thr rules....I've been waiting on some clarifications and havent had the money to make the change.|I know of at least 3 more that have r&p issues. I dont have any problem letting any late model run or combineing classes. racing is racing

If we get enough interest... we will combine the purses to make a big purse for the combined classes... Everyone commiting needs to email me so I have a good count and will get the schedule together by Thursday at Noon. Final race schedule goes out Thursday at 4 pm....

Shelma@jsracingpromotions.com

P.S. Thanks Don for the Hotel Info..

this isnt exactly true.... i havent even begun to downgrade my sas car to meet thr rules....I've been waiting on some clarifications and havent had the money to make the change.|I know of at least 3 more that have r&p issues. I dont have any problem letting any late model run or combineing classes. racing is racing

I didn't mention the LM cars because of what you said. I was really speaking about the other classes, and I still believe that they stand a better chance of attracting a decent car count in each class if they combine them and the purses.

#48 Grandstock El Camino has plans to be there.

If I have to pick, based on purse, SAS Grandstock pays 100 to win, THR grandstock pays 150 to win, then we are a THR grandstock :D

blur83 Posted Today, 09:18 AM

3 Chrudimsky cars

Sable99 Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

What grandstocks are coming?

Surely Finch in the 07 car is coming down too.

Should be a good time had by all. :ph34r:

Archived