NASCAR Driver Arrested At Kings Island

tex44

He was leading "Rookie of the Year" too.Like I say,WAS.He looks a little loaded in the news picture.And she must of fell in love with the stuff looking at the other picture Tex posted of her where she was a blonde,GEEZ

Believe it or not this is the same girl as in the picture.

Casi Davidson

That's what Heroin will do to you, among other terrible things. This is another example of a story where you just ask yourself "why?" Why would somebody who seemingly has everything going for them turn to dope?

Parents - talk to your kids OFTEN about the hard stuff...even if you think they have everything they would ever want.

Why? SHORT TERM escape from pressure/stress/other's expectations.

Why? People feel GREAT when they're high. Who would freely elect to shoot heroin (before the physical addiction)if there was no rush to it? No one is abusing broccoli.

You have to tell people (kids) the whole truth. You can't try and hide the high from them. You have to illustrate the horrible end results for them just like the article and pictures do. There really aren't many old junkies. It's a matter of educating them that the "costs" are not worth the "high"... and that's not easy.

Just my opinion...

Jay

Why? SHORT TERM escape from pressure/stress/other's expectations.

Why? People feel GREAT when they're high. Who would freely elect to shoot heroin (before the physical addiction)if there was no rush to it? No one is abusing broccoli.

You have to tell people (kids) the whole truth. You can't try and hide the high from them. You have to illustrate the horrible end results for them just like the article and pictures do. There really aren't many old junkies. It's a matter of educating them that the "costs" are not worth the "high"... and that's not easy.

Just my opinion...

Jay

Very good points Jay.

Guess he can hang out with Shane Hmiel now.........IN REHAB!!

ODD.......I searched the NA$CAR site and only found this.

from NA$CAR.com

Toss that out the window now.

What struck me was Aaron's quote in the last paragraph...

"I don't think I've shown our true hand yet."

I was reading the link again that Tex44 put to Fikes girlfriend and noticed where one of her hobbies included "community service doing road clean-up",wonder if that was by a court order or she volunteered for it.

What I want to know is this, how long before NASCAR addresses this issue? Nothing on their website today, but they are aware.

Update: Statement from Red Horse Racing

According to news sources, Aaron Fike, who has made 12 starts in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series behind the wheel of the No. 1 RFMS/Red Horse Racing Toyota this year, and his fiancée Casi Davidson were arrested at Kings Island theme park in Ohio on Saturday on drug possession charges.

"We were made aware of this incident this afternoon," said Red Horse Racing's General Manager and Team Owner, Tom DeLoach. "We are working with NASCAR to obtain further information on the incident and will release more information as the facts become available to us."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/08/...n-drug-charges/

I read on another board that he had a previous DUI. Its time for all racing sanctioning bodies large enough to sign on a national sponsor to step up and start mandatory drug testing. Sure alot of other sports don't do it, but they're not putting men behind the wheel of machines capable of maiming or killing others, just my two cents worth.

I like that,"We are working with Nascar to obtain futher information on the incident".Seems going to the source and the police dept in Ohio would get Tom DeLoach the information he's looking for.He's probably been bonded out by now,that takes a lawyer and $$$,sure the lawyer knows the info.Sounds like he should of said,"I'm waiting on Nascar to tell me what to say".In other words,how Nascar wants to Spin-it.

I will say this, I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. Now, I will explain why. NASCAR is the creme of the crop. If you are able to get into the series, and have a full time ride, the eyes of the entire country are on you. You ARE a CELEBRITY, like it or not. There are people down here racing as hard as they can, politicing to get a ride, breaking the bank just to do so, and you have these idiots like Fike and Hmeil that have it handed to them because of who they are, (yes they are talented drivers too) and go snort it away or shoot it up. Imagine if Dale Earnhardt Jr. got caught, what an uproar there would be. What a disapointment it would be to the millions of fans, lots of them are kids, to see there HERO have a drug problem. Sorry about my ranting, but I HATE people who throw away everything they have going for them for a quick HIGH. I get High everytime I get into my racecar. The adrenaline rush I get from racing is HIGH enough for me! And I feel it for days after. And then get on another high waiting on the next race. I am on the biggest high of my life right now. I won on 7-7-07 and then got featured of Texas Speedzone, hell, I am a celebrity now!!!! I better watch what I do and say.

I will say this, I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. Now, I will explain why. NASCAR is the creme of the crop. If you are able to get into the series, and have a full time ride, the eyes of the entire country are on you. You ARE a CELEBRITY, like it or not. There are people down here racing as hard as they can, politicing to get a ride, breaking the bank just to do so, and you have these idiots like Fike and Hmeil that have it handed to them because of who they are, (yes they are talented drivers too) and go snort it away or shoot it up. Imagine if Dale Earnhardt Jr. got caught, what an uproar there would be. What a disapointment it would be to the millions of fans, lots of them are kids, to see there HERO have a drug problem. Sorry about my ranting, but I HATE people who throw away everything they have going for them for a quick HIGH. I get High everytime I get into my racecar. The adrenaline rush I get from racing is HIGH enough for me! And I feel it for days after. And then get on another high waiting on the next race. I am on the biggest high of my life right now. I won on 7-7-07 and then got featured of Texas Speedzone, hell, I am a celebrity now!!!! I better watch what I do and say.

Your gonna be featured in the newspaper this week also with your trophy held up high.

would you like alittle snort ............................... racen fumes .....

wonder how many times he raced with that stuff in him ..some of the best poeple alive do stupid crap like that ..some cant handle being famous ... this happends in every form of life ..just its not good when your behind the wheel at 200 mph ..

Must be me, do ya'll really think this just started? There are people all over the country racing, that have either been drinking or doing some sort of drug before they hop into a race car. I'm not talking just oval track either...

Must be me, do ya'll really think this just started? There are people all over the country racing, that have either been drinking or doing some sort of drug before they hop into a race car. I'm not talking just oval track either...

Mark,

If you observe someone drinking or doing drugs before racing, you have an obligation to your fellow racers to report the observed behavior to race officials.

It's easy to complain about alcohol/drugs in the pits, but quite another thing to actually become part of the solution by reporting offenders.

Nick

yep i know thats true ..now maybe they will check smoken tony out .after this weekends race ..

speed demon 7,

You hit the nail on the head!!! When I "use" to race that was my high and it lasted for days and the week couldn't go by fast enough so I could do it again. For us racing is an addiction that we work for, these guy's have it made and now have what we long for as their career.

I would love to say I drive a racecar for a living......what a waste of talent!

Archived