1.5 rollcage tubing

dancer52

thanks so far any more? spillar does not have any...westbrook has 120 wall for 4.50$ a ft. Houston price 20ft. .095 for 28$

You wouldn't want a model car built by me, but it seems to me the issue here is not price, but appropriateness (if that's a word). At first it appears that the Houston price is lower, but then when you consider the wall thickness, it's hard to tell. Either one is too thick or the other is too thin.

If you don't mind coming to South San Antonio, you can call SSS steel. Don't know about the tubing you want, but they are real reasonable on square frame tubing.

They are at:

2042 West Thompson Place San Antonio, Texas 78226

Phone: 210-431-0088

This is just off old Hwy 90 on the north end of the old Kelly AFB.

You can come down 90, take General McMullen, go south to Thompson, then right or west on Thompson.

You can also take 36th street off 90, go south to Thompson, and go left or east.

lol... sss is the houston price... and .095 is the normaL thickness for race car tubing. didnt know sa had a sss steel will call thanks.

Rusty...commercial does not have round tubing...thanks.

And Manny only gets chromemolly...

I have to ask...am I the only racer that buys tubing in austin? (cept 99 and budman)

lol... sss is the houston price... and .095 is the normaL thickness for race car tubing. didnt know sa had a sss steel will call thanks.

Rusty...commercial does not have round tubing...thanks.

And Manny only gets chromemolly...

I have to ask...am I the only racer that buys tubing in austin? (cept 99 and budman)

Looks like you're striking out A.J.

In a pinch, Day Motorsports will ship it to you, but you probably already thought about them.

• 2 weeks later...

forgot to respond...thanks mini that was perfect....the 1.5 .083 was 12.99 1.5 .095 was 20$ not bad at all...thanks alot..... ps..he said someone came by and asked him to get this stuff for them...then never returned....was that you.....if so thanks...lol He said he plans to stock it from now on...so if anyone needs some i suggest this place.

No that wasnt me, but he said there sure is alot of racers in this area. I also talked to him about alluminum sheeting and he check on it and said he could get it for 65 a sheet but he had to buy 100 sheets. Asked me if I thought there would be enough racers in this area interested to make it worth him getting it. I havent responded on that yet so what do yall think? Turns out they are based out of Brenham and are willing to try to get anything that is requested of them.

65 would be a good price...if he could get all colors...but i dont know how much demand there would be...the asphalt guys are still stuck on stock or fiberglass....

I buy colored al sheet @ Regal Plastic on metric in Austin. I stock 1.5 x .095 tube but it is DOM drawn over madrel (much stronger than ERW welded seam) but also more $$$. Be carefull what you build with if your life depends on it. I feel I am worth more that 200 bucks in steel, but some say I am just too damed proud :rolleyes:

Call me if you need help and good luck with your project

Mr Ed

512 707 8869 days

Archived