What! No Post?

jumbo

was taking a look to see what the pulse was on the deal and there wasn't even a post.

We are waiting till the news is official...can't always trust Bob Dilner!

Should be interesting to see what penalties come out of this weekend. Although I slept through a lot of the race, the end was pretty good.

Jay,is that for the 5 & 70 or the folks on the board for being slow? 5 and 70...NASCAR keeps upping the penalties !

How was vacation? Cozumel was a good time. We "got it all" while we were there...including a big white marlin but we'll save that story for another day.

Marc said he got all the way down to Austin only to get rained out, so I guess I lucked out choosing 7/14. He came home with some kind of " to do" list from the tech people so we'll get on that.

Jay

Here is the link to NASCAR.com for the story.

Link

Should be interesting to see what penalties come out of this weekend. Although I slept through a lot of the race, the end was pretty good.

That's a shame, Brad, afternoon naptime makes you miss racing.................Just wait, you will grow out of it as you get older..........

Should be interesting - in a sense, both are Hendrick cars....I believe Sauter gets engines from Hendrick...

To keep it consistent with what they did to Vickers....they should be penalized to 42nd and 43rd and lose all money and points....

"Both cars were too low in the left front," Poston said. "But we don't consider this tampering with the integrity of the Car of Tomorrow. It's not that kind of an infraction. It's more of what we would call a competition infraction." :rolleyes:

Poston said that points penalties and fines could be forthcoming for the No. 5 team of Busch and the No. 70 team of Sauter, likely to be announced Tuesday. But he added that their finishes in Sunday's race -- 11th for Busch and 14th for Sauter -- would stand. :blink:

Holy crud!!!!!!!! Another case of Oh crud! Whoa is me!!!!!!!

You can only stand at the monkey cage at the zoo for so long, taunting the monkey.... before he grabs your hair and slaps the dog #%$& out of you.

Moral of the story: taunt the monkey long enough! He will eventually slap the dog #$%& out of you.

p.s. Jeff showed some class by not getting into Den at the end. Great chase to the end.

"Both cars were too low in the left front," Poston said. "But we don't consider this tampering with the integrity of the Car of Tomorrow. It's not that kind of an infraction. It's more of what we would call a competition infraction." :rolleyes:

Poston said that points penalties and fines could be forthcoming for the No. 5 team of Busch and the No. 70 team of Sauter, likely to be announced Tuesday. But he added that their finishes in Sunday's race -- 11th for Busch and 14th for Sauter -- would stand. :blink:

There will be some calls to the shock engineers this week...

Nick

The finishes will stand with an illegal car???UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!Good thing they were'nt caught BEFORE fridays practice.

So let me get this straight........Vickers is too low after qualifying and gets DQed, Busch and Sauter are too low after the race......but NO DQ???????

Now there's consistancy!!!! :angry:

So now we've established that NA$CAR won't let you cheat in practice or qualifying but it's ok to cheat in the race.

It's ok to try to run a pitman over on pit road, but door bang someone after a race incident and you get suspended for one race.

What a crock of $#!*

It seems pointless to add a comment. Sounds like you all have hit this one on the head. I even heard kenny wallace on raceday make the comment that if nascar doesn't watch out he referred to IROC but drivers could be looking for a place to race.

im sure na$car doesnt care. they probably figure, hey its our playground if you dont want to play in it, fine there are many others out there who will gladly fill the field with your spot............

i agree and poeple wonder why racen series and tracks close ...nascar isnt so big it cant fall ..but it can fall harder than any other racen series .....

im sure na$car doesnt care. they probably figure, hey its our playground if you dont want to play in it, fine there are many others out there who will gladly fill the field with your spot............

Yeah, but how long will NASCAR care when Jeff, Jimmie, Jr., and Tony all leave. More than half of NASCAR's fanbase will leave with them.

For years people said that CART would never come apart. They said one day it would be stronger than Formula1. Boy were they wrong, the owners stepped in and said enough is enough. One day you could see the nascar format under a different name and running most of the same tracks. Big brother better watchout because their getting a bit to pushy

Archived