Who won?

Texas Rose

Here is a question I can't answer; When that race was going on, I was about 9,000 miles from Austin, and I was probably in far Northern Japan.

I seem to remember Terry Brooks won the Street Stock Championship in 83, 84, or both. But I don't know who won a particular race.

If I had to guess, I'd say Brooks or Jerry Grant.

Every time I see that Txtom has replied to a thread, as you open it, I swear it sounds like the creaking when they dust off an old book and open it(kinda like in the movies). The encyclopedia of racing history is brought down off the shelf and opened for all to relish and enjoy.

More power to ya Tom.

was there a street race that year for the 'fest, or are we talikng about a street stock race @ speed-o-rama?

Street Stock race at Speed-O-Rama. Was not Terry Brooks or Jerry Grant.

Here is a question I can't answer; When that race was going on, I was about 9,000 miles from Austin, and I was probably in far Northern Japan.

I seem to remember Terry Brooks won the Street Stock Championship in 83, 84, or both. But I don't know who won a particular race.

If I had to guess, I'd say Brooks or Jerry Grant.

Terry Brooks didn't win the Street Stock Championship in '83 or '84 in Austin.

02 MUCH, one fast Nova!

he was the man with the plan for some time in that class.

I remember he raced @ THR in the late 90's, I went in the corner and saw the car he was driving, hell I felt like I was racing against David Pearson!

I liked the way he would pass cars 3 wide and in the corners. I remember a comment he made one time regarding rearview mirrors. I don't remember it verbatim but some of the guys were complaining about having to do away with their rearview mirrors ( I personally think it was because they wanted to see who was gaining on them so they could block) and Jimmy said I'm not interested in what I've passed, it's what I need to pass that I'm interested in.

Don't know if it was called Street or Hobby, but he won the track championship in 83 and 84 at Austin, and doubled up in 84 at San Antonio.

San Antonio called them "Pro Street'

Hey Outlaw22, good to hear from you. I didn't think I'd be that hard to remember. 1983 and 1984 Street Stock Champion at Austin, Chevy2Much.

Don't know if it was called Street or Hobby, but he won the track championship in 83 and 84 at Austin, and doubled up in 84 at San Antonio.

San Antonio called them "Pro Street'

Sorry, txtom, but Terry Brooks did not win the Street Stock Championship in '83 & '84 at Austin Speed-O-Rama. I did. He did run good and we had several good races together. In 1983 my number was #2. In 1984 Terry wanted the #2 because it was always his father's #, Leroy Brooks. So in 1984 I was #02. I currently run #2 at Wichita Falls and Altus, OK in Super Stock and my son, Matthew, runs #02 the same places in Bomber class. Jimmy Hicks (Chevy2Much) This past season I won the 50 lap Spooker Nationals at Altus, OK at age 60. It's still fun.

Hey, Budman, Frank Ferris used to tell me the cream always comes to the top.

Archived