Who won?

Texas Rose

Sorry, txtom, but Terry Brooks did not win the Street Stock Championship in '83 & '84 at Austin Speed-O-Rama. I did. He did run good and we had several good races together. In 1983 my number was #2. In 1984 Terry wanted the #2 because it was always his father's #, Leroy Brooks. So in 1984 I was #02. I currently run #2 at Wichita Falls and Altus, OK in Super Stock and my son, Matthew, runs #02 the same places in Bomber class. Jimmy Hicks (Chevy2Much) This past season I won the 50 lap Spooker Nationals at Altus, OK at age 60. It's still fun.

May be the number is where I am confused--I have some notes around here somewhere that had 02, I guess I assumed there were Terry. I remember you running 02 also. I crewed for Terry later, he took the 02 after his dad when he ran the trucks. I don't remember Leroy with #2; he ran 02, and that it was because he was #302 when he first started running down around here, and they made him run a 2 digit number.

Do ya'll get any car count in Altus?

Sorry, txtom, but Terry Brooks did not win the Street Stock Championship in '83 & '84 at Austin Speed-O-Rama. I did. He did run good and we had several good races together. In 1983 my number was #2. In 1984 Terry wanted the #2 because it was always his father's #, Leroy Brooks. So in 1984 I was #02. I currently run #2 at Wichita Falls and Altus, OK in Super Stock and my son, Matthew, runs #02 the same places in Bomber class. Jimmy Hicks (Chevy2Much) This past season I won the 50 lap Spooker Nationals at Altus, OK at age 60. It's still fun.

May be the number is where I am confused--I have some notes around here somewhere that had 02, I guess I assumed there were Terry. I remember you running 02 also. I crewed for Terry later, he took the 02 after his dad when he ran the trucks. I don't remember Leroy with #2; he ran 02, and that it was because he was #302 when he first started running down around here, and they made him run a 2 digit number.

Do ya'll get any car count in Altus?

Sometimes. 50 lappers mostly. 12-15 super stock and 20 bombers approx.

Archived