THR 9-27

TheLegend96

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris won the ROMCO feature followed by the elder Davidson and then Bendele. Bradly Reithmeyer ran a great race to finish 4th. This is unofficial, of course.

The TSRS was still running as of 1:30 when I left with the end not in near sight - too many cautions for me to hang around that late.

cs

Same here SS99-after 14 hrs. and 35 minutes at THR on Sat-I could not hang for the TSRS race- I was worn out -we were lucky and got to run our feature early-by the way-congrats to my fellow truck racers-I think we were the only class to run green to checker Sat nite-Bradley drove a hell of a race along with the top 3 in the ROMCO race-the pits were full of cars-had a lot of people(and crickets) in the grandstands-be neat to see a race once a month in 2004 with ROMCO-TSRS-TAMS-ARTS at THR-it packs the house- :P:D;)

Tommy Gural of Elgin won the 125-lap TSRS race which didn't finish until 1:45 a.m. followed by Leland Waddell of Austin, Ian Webster of Spring, Jeff Pollard of Houston, Charles Buxton of Round Rock, Don Fowler of Rockwall, Michael Jones of Austin, David Snokhous of Round Rock, and maybe Brad Hudak of Kingwood. Of course these results are VERY unoficial.

There were 11 yellows for spins and debris, but no really serious wrecks.

I'll try to post a better recap later.

Nick Holt

Todd McLemore of Austin won the 30-lap ARTS-Lonestar feature wire to wire. Joe Napoleon finished second, a few car lengths back. Steve Green finished third, Jon Garrett got fourth, Richard Emde came in fifth, Bryan Meredith sixth, Bud Carroll seventh, Robert Walton got eighth. Unofficial, of course.

Was a very clean race with no cautions.

Nick Holt

James Cole of San Antonio won the 50-lap TAMS race, almost wire to wire. I think Cole took the lead on the second lap. Jason Ray of Kerrville, TX took second, John Heinaman of Corpus Christi was third,

Joey Heinaman of Corpus Christi was fourth, Laurence Mikulencak of Corpus Christi came in fifth, Ray Doyon of Natalia sixth, Chris Snocker of San Antonio seventh, Bruce Beddoe of Robstown eighth.

There were 8 cautions, but most were just minor spins.

Nick Holt

Hey Gang...

Getting ready to go on the air (10-11 a.m., KVET-AM 1300, www.sportsradio1300.com), and I only got 3 hours sleep...(Yah, I know---wah, wah) :D

BUT...Here is the OFFICIAL Top-10 from TSRS last night..I'll forward the entire official results after the show..

All these drivers finished 101 laps.

1) Tommy Gural

2) Leland Waddell

3) Ian Webster

4) Ronny New

5) Jeff Pollard

6) Charles Buxton

7) Don Fowler

8) Michael Jones

9) Richard Norman

10) David Snokhous

<<<<<<YAWNING!!!!!

Man what a night.......Anyone that stayed the distance sure got their monies worth. I stayed up in Austin so I'm not home to write the stories. I won't make it out of here until after the Cup race so they'll be a little late.

Nick where the heck were you hiding? I never saw ya around. Was it ONLY 1:45? I thought it was more like 2:30, I didn't leave the track until 3:00.

Hey Chuckie, I'll bet you were a real bundle of joy on the show this morning. Sorry I was still snoozin' or I'd have called to give you a wake up yell. LMAO

Hey Reb...

I DID see Nick in person (I said, "what's that smell?" Nick said, "It's not me - I took a bath last week!")..good to see Nick-ster in person..other late-90's SAS reunion a visit with Deb-Will and the Bendele crew (Great run, Brandon!)..didn't see Jim Creech, tho, was hoping to see his smiling face in the stands...but, maybe in 2 weeks...

Yah, Reb, I was a little tired and hoarse for the show, but--of course--once the "on air" sign went on, the adrenaline kicked in...David Starr was a great interview...and, lo and behold, Tommy Gural (whom I dubbed "The Silent Giant") CALLED IN the show! He said more on the show than he's EVER said to me during a postrace interview at the track! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Took a 2-hour nap, feel MUCH better...A special thanks to ALL THE FANS who stayed late (early this morning) for the races! We love you, and you're the reason we go racing!! :D:)B)

Hey Chuck,sorry I didnt make the trip was working on my car tring to get ready for Octoberfast next weekend ,it's going to be close,but had I known that it would have run untill 1:45 AM I would have made the last race.

Preferably the...TSRS (may not be over yet) race?

Hey Greg..

Good news--the race finished at 9:30 a.m., just giving me enough time to get to KVET and do the radio show! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

I have a question for either Mary Ann or Stacey.....how come at the end of the race the 03 didn't go to the back like he was supposed to....when I asked Mary Ann how come he wasn't put to the back she said don't worry about it hes not getting scored for that lap..yet the OFFICIAL results have him in front of the 4 car where he should not be..if he didn't get scored on that lap like Mary Ann said he wasn't suppose to be...then he should be behind the 4 car and some of the others

I thought Bradley ran an awesome race. To me it seemed that he was by far the quickest car out there during the race.

How many ROMCO races this year have had zero lead changes? I know three of the last four have been led wire to wire. I wish we would start seeing a little more passing. And by saying this i'm not bashing the drivers or series, I think both are awesome, just wish we would see a little more passing, atleast for the lead anyway.

Hoosier, You are correct, during the long geen segment during the mid-latter portion of the race Bradley and Tommy Grimes were the fastest cars out there. I didn't have a stop watch, but by counting the time between them and the top three, they were closing in a hurry. one-one thousand, two-one thousand....... LOL

Jamie, I thought they had given Snokhaus his spot back--which I didn't understand--but I don't have a scanner either.

Since Chris Davidson was gone before I got down to the pits to talk to him, does anyone have any sponsor info on the car he was driving, other than Turner Motorsports??

I had a scanner and they told him to go to the back and they kept telling him and finally they said if you don't go to the back we are going to black flag you..well he didn't go to the back he went back 1 spot putting him in front of the 4 car....then when the race was over i had asked mary ann what was that all about and she said don't worry he didn't get scored for that lap because he was suppose to go to the back but didn't..but according to the OFFICIAL results they did score him for that..and all i want to know is WHY????

Jamie, I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that they scored him in front of James because James was several laps down. Maybe they didn't mind him being in front of James since he was so many laps down, but I'm just speculating. Who knows?

BTW, what happened to the car to cause him to lose those laps? I was hoping to see him work to the front. I saw him get turned sideways into the dirt, but I couldn't tell what was broken on the car after that.

cs

Chase...I thought my dad was laps down too but apparently TSRS runs something different for their cautions and they had my dad on the lead lap..i'm not sure how they do it but he was still on the lead lap..so therefore he should of been put to the back..it doesn't really matter know cause the race is over i just want to know why mary ann said he was going to be docked a lap but yet he wasn't

Archived