THR 9-27

TheLegend96

Casey Smith is not only one of the best

I agree Casey is a good driver, but also note that caseys equipment is and always has been the best of the best.

Half of the young kids out there have not had chances like casey, maybe because of the media or press coverage maybe not. But still other young racers have the same amount of talent maybe even more. For example back a few years ago when alot of now romco competitors were racing legends

(Bradley Riethmeyer,Casey Smith, Michael and J.C. Umscheid) They put on an awesome show, I dont remember anyone dominating when they were all racing legends. But being so close when it comes to racing also causes somewhat of a tension between drivers and crews all in comeptition. Mainly with the adults, which gets carried over to the kids. But really the kids are just going off what the adults say and actually dont have a problem with the other. Kinda like little league baseball, all the kids care about is having fun and winning. I say just let everyone go out and have fun and forget about everything thats happened in the past.

By the way: It sure would be cool to see the four I mentioned racing together in a super late model!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the TSRS race was good except for the long yellows. I think the scoring was a little slow as well as some drivers not following directions from the race directors. I know they will get the scoring fixed but it would make it alot better if the drivers would line up behind the car they were following. I was listening on a scanner and there was a little confusion on car number 3 or was it 03. It never really got taken care of before the green came out and I'm not sure how the final results were figured, but all in all a very fun race to watch. Can't wait to get to Houston!

Guest Justaracefan

TSRS has a lot of problems to work out - no one enjoys watching cars drive around under the yellow flag - They come to watch racing action -- As Nick posted in his play by play release there was a yellow flag about every 10 laps --

I am really surprised that there is not a lot of post from the racers as to what all went on - no competition yellow, cutting the laps back, revising the results???

Guest Justaracefan

Casey was fast though, and whose car was he in? That was a good looking car.

Hoosier Daddy:

This guy sitting next to me at the races was telling me Casey was in a Hamke house car that Jack Sprague built when he was working for Robert Hamke running Concord - That is why he was #93

Archived