Mikey Waltrip at Michigan

PAPosse

Mikey has been the subject of a lot of criticism and jokes this year (myself included) - but to be fair, not only did he qualify - he had a good run yesterday bringing it home in the top 10!

Good job Mike.

whew hew.......give him a trophy! he has failed to make a 1/3 of the races this season , more than likely that will turn to half if not 2/3. ......he left the scene of an accident (drunk). they sacrificed whimmer for less , butchered kurt bush ,,,,,,,but this guy is a hero with a tenth place finish?

every dog has A day.......kyle petty finished 3rd a few weeks back,,,,maybe they should have given him a gold medal.

just my opinion........he's boo

A lot of people wish to write off veterens early. And a lot of people forget that Mikey was a championship winning driver before he came to the Cup. I heard whining a couple of weeks ago because the Wood Bros. hired Bill Elliott. The poster was convinced that he would have to be let in with his past champion pass, but he qualified in the top half of the field.

read back through that post. i'm an elliot fan.....

nothing to do with veterans , just guys with alot of hype always surronding them and long coat tails to ride to make up for their lack of talent.

nothing to do with veterans , just guys with alot of hype always surronding them and long coat tails to ride to make up for their lack of talent.

My point was that Mikey was a champion before he came to the Cup. Also his long coat tails belonged not to DW, but to Richard Petty.

My point was that Mikey was a champion before he came to the Cup. Also his long coat tails belonged not to DW, but to Richard Petty.

I'd be interested to know what he was champion of.

He's raced 956 races in NASCAR (678 cup, 270 Busch & 8 CTS), has 15 wins (4 cup, 11 Busch & 0 CTS), has never ranked higher than 12th in points in any division at season's end, and as far as I can tell, his only real talent is running his mouth, though some would say it ain't talent...

from wikipedia

Waltrip's stock-car career got off the ground in 1981, when he captured the Mini-Modified division track championship at Kentucky Motor Speedway. A year later, Waltrip entered the Goody's Dash Series, where he won the series championship in 1983 and was voted the circuit's most popular driver in 1983 and 1984.

maybe thats why nobody is giving him any love, he started off in the mini class.............lol

im actually glad to see somebody new on the tv. Nascar seemed like it had Jr., stewart, gordon, jj, and some punk named kyle. Oh yah, and 38 other guys.

Goooo underdogs!!!!!! :D

Archived