THR Super Stock Feature Lineup

mototerry

Will somebody explain how the Super Stock lineup is determined for the feature? The point leaders were at the front.....Yawn.....The race was boring.

Like Aaron said, the point leaders earned those spots by their heat race finishes. We asked for a system that would make the heat races count for something, and the track listened. I thought it was a good race, even though most of the fast cars started up front. I think we had something like 2 minor cautions with a lot of green flag racing. The race for the lead between 13 and 99 was tightly contested and there was some pretty good racing back in the field also. Let's give this system a chance for a while and see how it pans out.

My understanding from mary ann was the features could be set from 1 of 3 ways...

The one above, Qualifying with Dice inversion, or the old way where it was points invert for heat and feature..

Its great for a challenge to set the car up for all 3 ways..

Qualify, Short run, long run..

Will somebody explain how the Super Stock lineup is determined for the feature? The point leaders were at the front.....Yawn.....The race was boring.

Like Aaron said, the point leaders earned those spots by their heat race finishes. We asked for a system that would make the heat races count for something, and the track listened. I thought it was a good race, even though most of the fast cars started up front. I think we had something like 2 minor cautions with a lot of green flag racing. The race for the lead between 13 and 99 was tightly contested and there was some pretty good racing back in the field also. Let's give this system a chance for a while and see how it pans out.

If the drivers like it then fine, y'all go racing.......As a spectator I'm going to get pretty bored watching the fast guys start up front and run away from the pack every race day. I'm telling you the race was predictable and it was a sleeper....

My understanding from mary ann was the features could be set from 1 of 3 ways...

The one above, Qualifying with Dice inversion, or the old way where it was points invert for heat and feature..

Its great for a challenge to set the car up for all 3 ways..

Qualify, Short run, long run..

That's the first I've heard of going back to the old system, but it doesn't matter to me. All 3 of the methods mentioned are fun for different reasons. A full field invert is probably more entertaining for the fans, provided that the race does not become a wreck fest.

First and foremost, we should be in the business of putting on a good show for the fans. Input from fans like mototerry can't be ignored, so I'm sure Mary Ann will give the full field invert a go a few times also. We appreciate the fact that she's trying to balance the "wants" of the fans and the racers at the same time.

An occassional qualifying night with dice inversion is fine when the feature is at least 50 laps. Don't get me wrong, I think the fast cars deserve some up front time. Just not every race night.....A 50 lap race is not as predictable. It will really test the durability of the equipment and the skill of the driver much more dramatically then the standard 30/35 lap feature.

and even when the leaders start up front.........no matter how good they are, they are still prone to mechanical failures, flat tires and accidents............i agree it is boring to see the fast guys run away and hide, but just because they start up front doesnt always mean they will finish there..........

Stats usually tell the tale. I never have understood the points system (never tried) but in the last several years the championship, 2nd, 3rd have been right down to the wire. We'll see how the point spread is at the end of the season. Using the current system I predict the championship will be decided mathematically long before the season ends....Too few races to make up a lot of ground. I've expressed my opinion..That's what the forum is for and I appreciate the comments....I'll shut up now.

Actually if we did do full inverts I would like those races to be at least 40 laps. It helps to have the extra laps to try to get to the front.We have always done full inverts so if we did it again it would'nt be that big of a deal.JMO

what ever we ran the other night was way too short.

i'm not use to not running inverted.

You put the fast cars up front one of them is going to win %99.9 of the time. It makes for a much better show starting them by points. On a side note, that dirt car had no business being out there and almost caused several wrecks.

on second thought i looked at results....nevermind,

Listen to your customers(fans,spectators)they pay the bills in the long run.(concessions,front gate,sponsor's products purchased,etc....).Nick had a reall good line-up method posted on here some time ago.Does he have a patent on that idea?Is that why nobody has tried it?The NASCAR Late Model races he put on in the 90's were the absolute best races in Texas.Hit him up for the tricks,they worked.They started 18-25 cars every Saturday.Everyone of those wins Ken Neal,Ervin Brieten,George Hagy,Jason Oates,came from about the tenth starting position.Nose to tail racing for 40 laps.Very few lapped cars if any at all.I for one had to weigh going to THR or install laminate flooring on Saturday.I very,very rarely miss any kind of asphalt racing,and am always traveling to see it,even before SAS closed.Because of the demolition derbys I have seen recently,not always,just recently,that floor looks real good now. <_<

To me it has always been a better show for the Fans to see faster cars come up from the back and have to work their way up to the front. I do think races should be at least 40 laps so there are enough laps to

work with.

Plus it gives other drivers a chance to get a win , if they can stay up there, or be the first car to make it up there from the back.

to see another car win, we might need to invert and put the 99 a lap down. hehe good job Sat. 99 crew !

I was thinking maybe they should start the features with the 99 car sittin out on the frontage road up near Yarrington Road .......... you know, just to make it fair! :lol:

Only if he is facing southbound Bud.

I have raced under the full field invert (for the most part) since 1990....I have no problem with it and I believe the fans enjoy it more. Hopefully we'll get back to this soon. On another note...if someone is having problems with their car or are just slower I think it is a good idea to start in the back. I've done it plenty of times. I didn't want to be in my fellow racers way and I don't like getting run over... ;)

:rolleyes:

I have raced under the full field invert (for the most part) since 1990....I have no problem with it and I believe the fans enjoy it more. Hopefully we'll get back to this soon. On another note...if someone is having problems with their car or are just slower I think it is a good idea to start in the back. I've done it plenty of times. I didn't want to be in my fellow racers way and I don't like getting run over... ;)

:huh: or run over someone else like last saturday! We still cant believe you ran into that yella beauty! DUH :wacko:

What was ya doin? :o

mickey is more than just a good friend to me. he helped alot with getting me body panels and misc. parts.

anytime i need something he's more than willing to help me out.

what happen the other night was just one of those racing deals , it's bound to happen and even between friends.

i'm glad you are so supportive of me , but please don't put more into it than it really was. 2 minutes after it happen we were both offerring to help fix each others cars.

I was thinking maybe they should start the features with the 99 car sittin out on the frontage road up near Yarrington Road .......... you know, just to make it fair! :lol:

PARK HIM IN THE INFIELD..... MAKE HIM EAT TWO HOT DOGS ..THEN RUN TO HIS CAR STRAP AND GO ..ONLY HE CANT START EATING UNTILL THEY DROP THE FLAG .AND IF HE STILL WINS ..CALL NASCAR ..THEY WILL WANT HIM RACEING FOR THEM .AND I WANT MY CUT FOR THAT IDEAL ....

mickey is more than just a good friend to me. he helped alot with getting me body panels and misc. parts.

anytime i need something he's more than willing to help me out.

what happen the other night was just one of those racing deals , it's bound to happen and even between friends.

i'm glad you are so supportive of me , but please don't put more into it than it really was. 2 minutes after it happen we were both offerring to help fix each others cars.

:angry: don't get your horsefeathers rrffled up there fella! Just was trying to state an opinion of how brite the car was! :huh: WHOA! maybe I should have said "what was ya lookin at"? ;) Didn't say anything about anyone gettin mad......lighten up! :(

didn't ruffle my feathers.......just trying to state that i don't think anything happened on purpose and that there was no direction to place blame , if that's what you were saying........it was just a scratch anyways.

glad you like the car.

cary chase and ed built one hell of a car........what you are seeing is homework and talent put to use.

Archived