THR Super Stock Feature Lineup

mototerry

'Horse you got that right about the Stapps. They know I was just pullin' their leg a little. :D

Absolutely Budman. Actually, all of the comments in this thread have been very complimentary, and we appreciate it.

It's extremely rewarding for a crew chief to watch his brother/driver go out and make a home-built car look so strong, especially against the tough competition we face at every race. We took a big risk when we decided to park a very good car for the challenge of building our first car from scratch. It's been very fun for me to watch that risk paying off.

Shawn & I have been good friends and neighbors for quite some time. I sure didn't like getting caught up with him and giving that pretty car it's first scuff. All in all my night went pretty crappy but I was able to finish the race and drive my car on the trailer. Doug had another good run in his 02 car and had a flat...now that sucks.

We need to listen to the fans. If there aren't fans there isn't going to be any racing. I've been on both sides of the fence and watching follow the leader gets boring. You get a lot of that when you time trial and start heads up. For Super Stock and the classes below full inversion by points seems to work. The classes above Super partial inversions seem to work....but not full inversions. I'm not racing for the money. I'm racing because I love it. I'll start anywhere they line me up at. jmo ....

So we're always going to have the cars that are predictably the fastest starting up front every time?

DUH!!!!the fastest cars ar SUPPOSE to be up front!!!!Inverted starts are crap!!!!It's just not racing!!!!! :angry::angry:

That's true in professional racing. When it comes to stock car professional racing, that often means 43 cars qualifying closely together and a few fast (but not fast enough) cars going home early. It's rare for a local racer to be a pro and in my opinion if they are, there are other options, including handicaps of some sort like inverted starts. A pro racer shouldn't have much trouble working his way to the front even when starting in the back. In fact very good local racers rarely have big problems getting to the front. True they may have to use their brakes and/or steering to avoid slower cars and inexperienced drivers, but that's not anything that should bother a really good racer.

So we're always going to have the cars that are predictably the fastest starting up front every time?

DUH!!!!the fastest cars ar SUPPOSE to be up front!!!!Inverted starts are crap!!!!It's just not racing!!!!! :angry::angry:

I started this topic and the discussion has been excellent until now. As for the "DUH" comment..... I don't know you but I'll be happy to allow you the opportunity to insult me to my face instead of hiding behind a computer screen to take a cheap shot at my intelligence.

Archived