THR rained out - championships decided

Truck99

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't consider him the winner b/c that night was not suppose to be the end of the season... they were suppose to let them race 3 more weeks to fight for the championship but they didn't..they ended up cancelling that week..which i think is not fair because if they would of gave them the 3 weeks they said they were going to then the points leader would probably have changed..

I think it's another let down for the fans that have been coming out all year,even I thought that the SS points champion was going to be a big deal could somebody explain to me why this weekend they can't have a points race? I don't think a duel race is a excuse and i don't think that it wasn't advertised as a point race has any thing to do with it i don't believe that there will be anybody towing in from some where else to run this race,so whats the big deal?

jamie37,

What could have been and what should have a been doesn't count. What counts is that someone was at the top of the point standings after the last actual race of the season.

I coulda been rich if I had just invested a few grand in Dell when it first started up. But guess what? My bank account doesn't pay much attention to what could have been. lol

Nick Holt

ya'll don't know the whole story about what happened that night they decided to cancel the class..if ya'll did then you would know where I'm coming from...

Well, jamie37, how about you tell us the whole story then...

But remember, no bashing...

Nick Holt

ya'll don't know the whole story about what happened that night they decided to cancel the class..if ya'll did then you would know where I'm coming from...

Well, jamie37, how about you tell us the whole story then...

But remember, no bashing...

Nick Holt

Totally agree with Nick (OMG, there's a first!)... :D

Tell us the story so we all know. That's part of what makes this web site so successful--everyone lays it all "out on the line" and we get unabashed opinions about the subject (unless, of course, they get edited by Nick! LOL :P )

If you have a set Scheadule , and the last race of the season is a rain out I do not see what the problem is.

Am I missing something.

The guy at the top of the Leader board is the Champion.

It sucks to end a season with a rain out, but It dose not change the out come or even take away from it as well. The guy at the top has earned his right to be there.

Victory Lane

Im kinda glad to see the points race in the street stock class end like this. With the race being so close it could of been a VERY dangerous race, and I would hate to see someone get hurt because of it. Anyway, Conratulations James, Cary, and Mr. Leonard for a job well done. I hope to see you back next year Tim Leonard. You are fun to race against even though you always kick my ass. :lol: . Everyone have a safe off season and we will see you all next year.

Hey everyone,

I dont understand why everyone is upset about the ss class at THR. The schedule states that the season was to end on Sat Sept. 20 th and it did. I think that is really funny that the only people that are upset are a select few people in the ss. There is no other class that is upset. I mean look at the 2nd and 3rd place drivers in the latemodel class. They are only 20 points apart and Leland took 2nd from Snooky the week before. There was a chance for him to take 2nd back, but do you see him on here upset about the rain out. NO What about the hobby stock, the 6th place driver had a chance to move into 5th place and and one of his goals was to make the top 5 and you dont see him on here either. Its not only the top points leaders but other people that drive. The street stocks had as many races as the hobbys and more than the latemodels. There was plenty of time to make their way to the lead in points but, just because they didnt do as well as they could have two weeks ago they are now mad. I think that it is crazy to make such a big deal out of this.

Guest stick2it

LM 4

am i missing something i dont see anybody that races in the ss top 5 on here complaining all the ppl that r complaining r the ppl that think it is wrong the way they did that i dont see doug ayers on here or bobby laf,bobby teer or marc curry on here r u seeing something i am not

HEY ZOOM THAT IS THE WAY I SEE IT TOO

CONGRADS TO JR MEREDITH ,TIM LEONARD ,CARRY STAPP ,JAMES REEDER FOR WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIPS

stick2it

Its not necessarily the drivers. It is the fans and sponsors and spectators. Ok let me rephrase that. You dont see any of the other classes drivers, sponsors, or fans stating anything about the other two classes. My point is that it was not only the ss class that had close points competitors. The latemodel and hobby stock classes did too. But everyone seems to only be upset about the street stock. The decision has been made and it wont be changed. Maybe everyone should just move on.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE SPECTACULAR THIS WEEKEND. :D

Krissy

Guest LaFont Racing #3

It looks like this is a post for opinions, so I have decided to post my opinion (which is based on facts)

FACT #1

Team Stapp is very deserving of the Street Stock Championship. (These guys are due for one for sure!)

FACT #2

All other drivers in the top 5 are deserving as well.

FACT #3

The year 2000 final race was rained out with Bobby LaFont leading Larry Stein by 15 points for the Championship.

FACT #4

This race was re-ran two weeks later after the Texas Spectacular Race

FACT #5

The Championship ended up as a Tie between Larry and Bobby. (This is no fun, believe me)

CONCLUSION:

Set aside the opinions that come from random thoughts and put forth the facts from recent years and you will see why many feel the way they feel. I would also like to make note, Brian Callaway informed us that the decision was not finalized. (Apparently others did not get this same information)

Thanks,

Clint

Crew Chief #3 SS

Here is my info on the Pure Stock,

I was leading the Points up to that last night of our class. If anybody got screwed was myself but you know I dont really care. I would have loved to have that championship but yes they did cancel our class after THR said 3 weeks and only ran that last night and JR passed me by 15 points or something like that. If THR feels like this will keep drivers coming back time will only tell. I am speaking since I really dont have a BIG SPONSOR that would even care if I won the championship or not. I am out there to have fun and man let me tell you it is a blast running with the hobby stocks. I have not finished a feature yet but I am still having a BLAST.

Jay

I would also like to make note, Brian Callaway informed us that the decision was not finalized. (Apparently others did not get this same information)

Am I the only one who noticed this part of Clint's message? Wouldn't that be interesting...to show up Saturday and find out that the decision they announced to 50 or so people last Saturday was not final. I guess stranger things have happened, but I can't see that happening.

TQ or Kathy - can either of you confirm that the decision was final?

Thanks,

Chase

Guest LaFont Racing #3

Hey Mark,

When I referenced to "other drivers in the top 4", I was talking about the other 4 drivers aside the 99 car. You better believe you are deserving and able to win the championship. You are the defending #1 threat. Just a typo!. Hope this clarifies it for ya'! :D

Thanks,

Clint

Crew Chief #3 SS

Archived