THR rained out - championships decided

Truck99

Congradulations to Cary for winning the SS points. My opinion on this matter is it says the season ends at a certain date and it ended I would have loved to see a battle but personaly most guys racin for the points get so tied up in it that tthey [Comment removed by Nick Holt, 9/23/03] so maybe its better it ended the way it did. [Comment removed by Nick Holt, 9/23/03] Go out and race and have fun theres always next season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know that is the funny thing that I can always remember about racing is that no one is ever happy. Not drivers, not fans, no one. It seems there is alway someone that is mad about something. So the season ended in a rain out, ok, some like it, some don't. Even the winner of the championship is not happy about winning it this way with all the nay sayers saying it isn't a real championship. "ala spurs" Maybe even Reeder isnt happy b/c he could have run a few more races that he did. Maybe Leonard in hobby stock might not have catched the 13 car if he didn't leave the track. Maybe it really doesn't matter. Maybe it is just me. We are all competative people and that is part of the downfall, but does anybody race for the fun of it anymore?

oh Matt Banker why do you seem to end every post thinking that THR is going out of business or something negative about the track. You seem so hyped about driving your dad's street stock next year that you would/ should be pulling for the track to make it.

Note to Nick - This is not a bash, just an observation but if it does come off as one I do apologize to all that I have affended in advance.

Note to Nick - This is not a bash, just an observation but if it does come off as one I do apologize to all that I have affended in advance.

WildRacer5,

I agree with you. I think your post is a good example of bringing up something that is a problem without bashing. You simply commented on something that you have observed over the years without resorting to bashing.

Thanks for thinking through your post before posting!

Nick Holt

First , I want to congratulate Cary , he came back from a blown motor

and took the point lead with one race to go. Thats a winning effort

by the 99 team. As far as my opinion, there was no doubt that Sat.

was expected to be a shootout short track style. There were alot of

people following this point race. I think it goes to show what a great

class of cars/drivers we have in Street Stock. I would have loved to

have settled things on the track, and I think a change in format for

this weekends race would have proved to be an exciting finish to

the season, but I fully accept the decision that was made.

The 20th was the last night of scheduled competition. So we all should

set our sights for next year, and hope to be in position to win that

last night rain or shine.

Doug SS#02

I would also like to make note, Brian Callaway informed us that the decision was not finalized. (Apparently others did not get this same information)

C'mon, you're kidding right??

You CAN'T tell me that the decision to end the points battle wasn't decided on Saturday night? This is obviously not a decision that can be "forwarded" and "dragged out" for a few days...

I'm going to guess this is just another silly rumor..it is Silly Season, after all!

Take care, and congrats to ALL THR drivers this year--no matter where you finished in the standings, you're all winners!

Im just stating the truth THR has no LMs anymore and thats a major class to have. I mean no one wants to see a 6 car race and there are hardly any fans in the stands. I love THR its my favorite track but I just dont know if its gunna be around next year but I hope it is WildRacer5.

to all who competed at THR this year. even though the car count was some what down from years past i think the level of competition was way up. James Reeder was probably the only one at the track in any class that was the one to beat every night. hobby stocks was more fun to watch than ever to watch. pure stock ? i dont know what to say other than it was good while it lasted.

street stock what an awesome year. congratulations to the 99 team for the championship more than deserving. doug, bobby t., bobby l., and marc, not a bad year for any of you. also to all competitors in ss. i want to appologize for continually making a fool of myself with continuous driveshaft problems. just to embarrassing. hope next year is as good as this. and i keep the driveshaft where it should be.

dale caswell

just want to clear up my opinion. all drivers in top 5 are deserveing and a couple others as well. Jim Teague also had a good year if not for the carb situation and the big wreck he would have been in the hunt as well. again congratulations to all.

dale ss#1

#02 Street Stock Driver Doug Ayers Dad here. Congratulations to the 99 Driver and Crew for winning the 2003 Championship. That is your earned reward by not giving up after breaking big time. Congratulations to all the Drivers and Crews that were "in the hunt" going down to the wire. The way the points lead changed hands during the final weeks of the season gave all the fans at THR some of the best racing I've seen in 30 years. Nobody on the 02 team is hanging their head. The 02 team struggled early in the season, fought back and at one time led in points late in the season. As a fan, I would have loved to have had one more night of racing. But because I am a fan I know there ain't no overtime in Racing! Anybody ever see a rain shortened NASCAR race?....I have.

post-2-1064503670_thumb.jpg

What a "Great" Attitude "Doug Ayers Dad".

I really was looking forward to the last race, because it was going to come down to the last lap to see who the big winner would be. But, we all know we can't control mother nature. Keep up the hard work and the "Great Attitude" and you will get that Championship.

Congratulations to all.

:)

Kathy

Thunder Hill Scorer

FACT #3

The year 2000 final race was rained out with Bobby LaFont leading Larry Stein by 15 points for the Championship.

FACT #4

This race was re-ran two weeks later after the Texas Spectacular Race

FACT #5

The Championship ended up as a Tie between Larry and Bobby. (This is no fun, believe me)

Hey Kathy

Just wondering if you can open that great racing bible of yours and confirm this.

Krissy :P

Sorry Crissy,

But, I didn't keep a good Bible that year.

It was my first year doing points and all and did not save the stuff on disk.

I do not recall running the last race two weeks later. But, that does not mean it did not happen.

But, it did end in a tie that year.

Kathy

PS

I did better after that. LOL

Guest LaFont Racing #3

I apprecieate that last post Chase.

After my post, I think some people felt I was trying to spread rumor. WRONG.

Saturday after we heard about the decision to not race a final race we went in the THR office and asked if that was the final decision and they would NOT give us a definate answer. TODAY (9-25-03) THR managment confirmed that was the final decision after having a meeting early this week on everything that took place. I just wanted that DEFINATE answer before I congradulated anyone.

Therefore, CONGRADULATIONS everyone! especially Cary, Chase and Ed Stapp.

post-2-1064543203_thumb.jpg

Clint, Chase, and Terry Ayers (that's Doug's Dad)....

Awesome attitudes about this whole thing! This is what racing is all about--be competitive as hell, but let true sportsmanship be your mantra off the track..

This is why I miss calling the races out at THR, it's people like you who are the foundation of racing at THR....Fortunately, we have awesome people in TSRS! I, like other officials, enjoy the fact we can go up to EVERY TSRS driver and crew and enjoy a pleasant conversation...Be sure to call the show this weekend!

Archived