Hobby Stock & Road Runner

SSCHUCK

Something else to think about. Last weekend both the RR and Hobby Stock classes had 8 cars each. Based on that, the total purse payout for the 2 classes was $1540.00. What if we combined the classes and changed the purse to look like this:

1st- $350

2nd-$250

3rd-$150

4th-$125

5th-$100

6th-$75

7th-$65

8th-$55

9th-$45

10th-$35

11th-last $25

If we had the same 16 cars in one class, the total payout would be $1400.00. Mary Ann saves $140 in payout, racers race for more money, fans get to see an awsome class of cars. WIN-WIN situation. Just a suggestion, what do ya think?

Of course getting the rules ironed out is most important issue first.

There's no doubt the two need to be combined. Separately, neither has a descent car count. Together there is great potential for putting on a really good show with a good car count. Just doesn't make sense not to combine them. I'm sure THR management is fully aware of this. I'm confident they'll find a way to do it.

Find someone that will fit in my 14 inch seat and they can use my car as a test car. I haven't won a race yet, but was dang close once I found the 8th cylinder and used it.

Why not try a "King of the Hill" race like SAS had one year. It will give an idea with several different cars being tested.

May 12th Madilyn Nicole Stuart's Birthday.

Feature Hobby Stocks

1) 14 Joey Tschoerner 20 laps

2) 2 Kevin Bowen 20 laps

3) 37 James Huff 20 laps

4) 50 Aaron Brungot 20 laps

5) 20 Steve Joyce 20 laps

6) 4 Gary Chancellor 20 laps

7) 25 Rick Latimer 20 laps

8) 04 Steve Osborne 19 laps

9) 16 Mason Teague 18 laps

Feature Road Runners

1) 12 Wade Jankowski 20 laps

2) 19 Mona Turner 20 laps

3) 95 Ty Daniel 20 laps

4) 44 Jeff Stanley 20 laps

5) 18 Vincent Trietch 20 laps

6) 66 Leonard Flores III 20 laps

7)77 Steven Stanley 20 laps

8) 83 Daryl Lipp 19 laps

Maybe they should tell both classes to take a hike......

Well if we qualify that data will certainly help..

Anyone can drive my car if they like... some may want to bring a phone book or 2 and some pillows...

I can bring some transponders.. and maybe we can look at the best 15 lap average from both classes on several cars..

I'm a bit new to this RR vs HS issue but which is the faster or "better" car. I run a HS at HMP and saw that some of our guys run the HS class when they went to THR and some ran the RR class. Which compares more with the HS at HMP? Sorry for the stupid question, new to the area.

Thanks,

Brent

The RR and THR hobby stock cars are much more similar to each other than a HMP stock car is to either of them, from what I can tell. From looking at the rules and watching the 37 car run last weekend, the HMP stock cars would be a better match for the THR super stock class. We ran with them once last year, and I bet they are faster this year than they were then.

I don't see why a "test" is needed. Drivers from the 2 classes need to get together, go to Mary Ann as a unified group and request that they be allowed to run together, tweeking the weights and/or left % as they find out if 1 is dominant over the other. Leave the physical characteristics of both classes the same so drivers will not incur any additional cost. Get everyone on the same tires and work on weights and %'s. This notion that they are too different is totally unvalidated.

Both these classes need help. What better way to help than combine them, then over the next 2 - 3 yrs, slowly bring the rules together.

Here is my 2 cents....In the mid 70's as a kid I raced a little motocross. I was running the 100 class. I remember being combined with the 125's . Of course we were scored separately. There may be some bugs to work out but say the classes are combined but scored separately. This would be a good way to combine the classes without having problems with the points race being 2 weeks in. It would be a more entertaining class to watch and it would also give a comparison needed to tweek the rules for next year....just my 2 cents

The only way i could get my hobby up to 56% Left side.. is add 100 lbs to my car on the left side.. and its already 3500 +... so hate to say it but that wouldn't do much good unless i can gut...

we are trying to search for mad science to make things right... look at the Qualify times for SS:

the gap from 1's to last is 1.5seconds... Hobby's vs. Road Runners will most likely see a simular trait...

When looked at with a numbers brain.. the top 6 were too fast..

Points inverts will level the competition..

post-719-1179424358_thumb.jpg

I'll donate my car. As long as the Screaming 50 doesn't run into it again.

The 32 will be there on the 26th, just had a brake issue that kept us from the 1st race and prior commentment for the 12th, but all thats gone now and the car should be ready to go.... So there is 1 more RR car... :) :)

Just out of curiosity, are scanners a requirement at THR or optional???? We dont have one so not sure if we have to have one or not?????

As for the topic of this Thread, I would be all for them combining the 2 classes into 1... I just dont see why haveing 2 seperate classes with small counts makes any sense at all... Of the 19 RR cars that SAS had I know of atleast 2 or 3 that are dirt cars now and as for the rest I dont know what happened to them....

I do hope they can work something out and just combine to 2 classes into 1... If not for this year atleast for next year.....

Archived