Best Wishes

Truck99

He did take that position but said that he will now have to turn it down or resign from it. He has a very good reason and it was very emotional. Good luck Mr. Barden. Your grandson will be very happy.

Guest THRRD

I just got off the phone with Graham Baker at HMP, explaing the situtation to him. Upon his request< i will be at HMP this Sat. nite to help them. This will be my last nite at HMP.

I would like thank Brian Calloway and Mary Ann for allowing me to work at THR last year. And Mary Ann for letting me a part of the THR management team this year. The officials at THR are among the best I have ever worked with. I cannot say enough godd things about them. I am a person who believes God Is first, family is second and everything else is third. My work schedule has changed which will not allow me to put in 100 percent at either track on the Saturday nites that I was to work. Also the biggest reason I have for retiring [again], was when my 6 year old grand son tells me, " Grandpa now that you are working this much on Saturdays you want ever see me play soccer". I decieded right then to quiet trying to juggle schedules around a go watch soccer games on the Sat. I don't have to work at my real job.

Good luck to everyone in 2007 and God Bless ya'll.

Terry Barden

Jay,

Rick and I did go to the races at THR on Saturday, but mainly because both of us were suffering from "race withdrawal!" We didn't hear about Terry's announcement until after we had arrived at the track.

Rick had a hard time being an outsider. I think we had been in the pits less than half an hour when Rick jumped in to help with the qualifying lineups and had a radio in his hand.

And then he didn't make a very good spectator either - kept viewing the races from a Race Director's perspective. So, yes, I also think he'd be a natural fit and a logical choice.

We're also waiting to see the outcome of tomorrow night's meeting to see what the future holds for that new venture. I understand you'll be there later in the evening, and I look forward to seeing you there - missed you Saturday night. We spent quite a bit of time with James and Shelma, but they haven't let us in on their plans yet. They're really nice people, so I'm hoping they have some good news to share with us at the meeting.

Terry B,

Good luck with whatever you choose to do in the future. I'm sure your family will be glad to have you back on weekends . . . but watch out, it's really hard to stay away from racing for any long period of time. It is addictive!

Archived