Texas Pro Trucks Sign Two Dates at Corpus Christi Speedway

For Immediate Release – April 17, 2007

Contact: Rusty Mirth: xcellracing07@austin.rr.com; 512-784-5461

Texas Pro Trucks Sign Two Dates at Corpus Christi Speedway

By Nick Holt

Austin, TX (April 17, 2007) - Rusty Mirth, winner of the final United States Racing Association (USRA)Truck Series race held earlier this season at the now-closed San Antonio Speedway, announced today that his new racing organization - the Texas Pro Trucks – has signed dates with Corpus Christi Speedway officials for two 50-lap races this season at the historic quarter-mile, paved oval.

Mirth stated that the Corpus Christi Speedway dates will be July 7, 2007, and September 15, 2007.

The USRA Truck Series disbanded last month when the series owner, Terry Dickerson, announced that he was ending his San Antonio Speedway track management agreement with the SAS lease holder Ted Carlson. In the same announcement, Dickerson said that he would no longer be sanctioning either the USRA Truck Series or the USRA Modified Series, two of the more popular touring series in Texas.

However, Mirth - an Austin, Texas, resident - has stepped up to form Texas Pro Trucks, a new racing organization that will give former USRA Truck Series and former All-Star Race Truck teams a place to race in Texas.

In addition to the two Corpus dates, Mirth has also been able to schedule four Texas Pro Truck events at Thunder Hill Raceway (THR) in Kyle, Texas, and four more at Houston Motorsports Park (HMP) with the season-opener set for HMP on April, 21, 2007.

“The trucks haven’t raced at Corpus since 2005 and we’re mighty glad to be back at the fastest quarter-mile track in Texas,” Mirth continued. “We’re hoping for a good turnout of trucks for these events.”

Mirth can be contacted at 512-784-5461 or at xcellracing07@austin.rr.com.

--30--

THATS GREAT NEWS FOR YOU TRUCKERS ..GLAD TO SEE YOU COMEING DOWN TO CC ..I MISSED YOU GUYS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE HERE SAW YOU AT SAS .AND YAH PUT ON A GREAT. SHOW.

... SO GET BACK TO WORK AND GET.EM DOWN HERE ..LIKE THE NEW NAME .ITS PRO..... FESSIONAL

Amazing the USRA powerhouse couldn’t get dates but Rusty can. Way to go Rusty and hmmm.....I may just put on a disguise and go check it out. Just nobody better tell anyone at the dirt track I was there…

OH YEA!!!!!!!

Rusty talk to Owen and get ya some dates at STS. Just loosen up that swaybar and come race.

Edited by Jason

Yes Nick you are right, I got squeeeeeezed out of having a touring series for the trucks. Now I have to call Mr Monroe and explain to him Why there is no touring series and why I have to cancel.

Before you shut the idea out completely, why not take a poll of the truck drivers and see who would race those two dates? It may grow from there. I do not have a dog in this hunt, but the Texas Pro Trucks may have only two dates down in CC for '07, but may grow for '08... It is a long way to the start of the '08 season, and you never know where it will go if it is shut down before it even starts...

JMHO

i wanted to hold my comments for a while to see what was said, but i just can't....

first off, i've spoken to Rusty several times and told him how i felt and what we(our) plans were. now i cant and wont speak for everyone, but i think Rusty is doing one hec of a job. i don't know who the other drivers were and it DOES make a difference.

i had spoken to Mary Ann at THR the night of the West race and told her i would email her, to this date i haven't only because i had been contacted by Rusty and he stated that he was in contact with THR, HMP and was trying to contact CCMS.

Now to the best of my ability we will have three trucks running this year. I told Rusty that he could count on two of those to be at the races unless the schedule just would not allow...

Thanks again to Rusty, also thanks to Mary Ann and to those at HMP for giving us a place to race...